City of Waco wants to implement permanent water restrictions

1,169 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by T-REX
Marlin3030
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kwtx.com/2024/03/18/new-water-conservation-emergency-management-plan-could-mean-year-round-water-restrictions-waco-residents/
SoonerFrogs
Elect commies, get treated as such. Congrats!
trey3216
It's probably a good idea. We're not making any reservoirs around here anytime soon, and we keep building and building. Texas isn't exactly a beacon of water abundance, and hasn't been since it was the ocean floor.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BaylorHistory
trey3216 said:

We're not making any reservoirs around here anytime soon
Does anyone really need Gholson?
BrazosBear
trey3216 said:

It's probably a good idea. We're not making any reservoirs around here anytime soon, and we keep building and building. Texas isn't exactly a beacon of water abundance, and hasn't been since it was the ocean floor.

Yeah we desperately need new reservoirs in Texas or risk running into the same issues California has with water scarcity. I also wonder about dredging to increase capacity. I'm sure it would be incredibly expensive and burdensome but without it, it seems like a certainty that they'll have to continue to increase the stated capacity.

Either of those options would probably require state funding or intervention which seems less and less likely with every session that passes.
trey3216
BrazosBear said:

trey3216 said:

Yeah we desperately need new reservoirs in Texas or risk running into the same issues California has with water scarcity. I also wonder about dredging to increase capacity. I'm sure it would be incredibly expensive and burdensome but without it, it seems like a certainty that they'll have to continue to increase the stated capacity.

Either of those options would probably require state funding or intervention which seems less and less likely with every session that passes.
Every time the lake level is well below capacity, we ought to be pulling dirt out of the bed. Yeah, it's not going to create much in the grand scheme, but it's way cheaper than dredging and some of that bed is plenty dry to get heavy equipment in.

We also need to stop with the insanity of encouraging St. Augustine grass anywhere north and west of the Columbus area.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BaylorGuy314
I'm with Trey on this one. We waste too much water and it's of limited supply (from a convenient source, at least).

As Texas grows and few new reservoirs open, the demand is going to continue to create larger volatility in the lake levels.

T-REX
We already have it here in ft worth, I can only water 2 days a week. Have no issues and you're allowed to water more if you have laid new sod, ect.
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.