Need to get to transfers in the boat

2,439 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Adriacus Peratuun
fredbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Men are hauling in a catch, ready for a top 10 transfer announcement.
Dcheetah
Men have 1 top recruit in. That's all. Others probable but not in yet. Men also have a much higher NIL to recruit with. You are comparing a 20+ yr national title MBB coach to a wbb coach that has just completed her 3rd year.

Last year Tx fans all said same thing and Tx got people late and ended up with a top class.

We have a high hit rate with this staff in portal players we want that visit.

Give it some more time. I expect we will be pleased when the dust settles.
fredbear
Ok. I just needed a good slapping to calm down. I do take issue with coach comparison however. This a three time natty school with wnba coach of the year who ended up ranked 13, ahead of our men's team ranking of 16. Our men were out after one win. I expect much from NC because I think as highly of her and BU wbb as I do mbb.
Brusinbear2001
im really thinking we can snag a Vonleh. If she didn't go back to Colorado I do not know another place that would fit her like a glove in the way we would.

She comes she gets to start, she has a already proven core around her that made it to the Sweet 16 and was in a one position game with the Pac 12 champs. You will get to go against great bigs night in and and night out to prove yourself to the WNBA draft. She is physically, she is quick, she is great in pick and roll actions. Even are defensive scheme fits her great because she has AMAZING footwork. I mean she went toe to toe with Lee and won the battle. She is one of the best bigs in the Big 12. She has been on campus. All of the Coaches follow her. Everything seems to be green flags in my opinion.

The next one i am high on is Ruby being a great 3 guard for her that can come off the bench and give us height in the guard spot. She will be a focal point in the following season and be a Vet in the system. I think the way we allow our guards to create and make secessions will be good for her and will showcase all of her skills. I think LSU will sound good but in reality is she going to play much with 2 of your 4 returners playing in the spot she is going for. I think we can get out of Ruby what we wanted to get out of Denae. She probably doesn't shoot as good as Denae statistic wise but Denae never really shot well in our system. Ruby can dribble and create out of the actions we run. That's what CNC said in an interview is that she wants players in both roles that can be Versatile and give us a lot of options to play out of it.

I think two is all we need going into next season. The following season will be a much different story.
bearbone11

Looks like we should get some news soon.
R11
Bear3
Really hoping this is Vonleh !
Brusinbear2001
all the signs i have seen are leading to it being her!!
Wbbfan365
Maybe its even two players announcing soon wouldnt that be great.
Brusinbear2001
would be AMAZING!!! my guess is that was the case would
be Vonleh and Ruby
BearTiger
Not Ruby Whitehorn yet. She is scheduled to visit LSU this Friday-Saturday. I think that is her final visit. No word, no indication she canceled that visit with LSU. Guessing she will make decision by Monday.
Chibears2
The American flag? Someone from overseas? Hmmmm….
Brusinbear2001
thought you said she went this passed weekend. I do not know too much about where there foster is now to know if she fits there. But i do know they have Johnson and Williams returning for a few years in her spot.

For us the guard play opens up after one reason, she could be first of the bench or even starting depending on how we use Bella (i believe Bella would start). I think this year she gets to learn with not a ton of pressure, she gets down hill great, she can play in the actions we run, she runs well, she might not be a 40% 3 shooter or anything crazy but you also still have to respect it.
Chibears2
Chibears2 said:

The American flag? Someone from overseas? Hmmmm….
Never mind. Bad eyes! Sheesh!
IowaBear
Whitehorn I'm guessing ends up at FSU. It's probably Vonleah or Williams from Michigan
BearTiger
No, I have read it was a PG from AZ and another player who were visiting LSU last week. Whitehorn was here at Baylor last week, she is visiting LSU this weekend. That is what the LSU inside-beat writers are saying. They are also saying LSU will be getting 3 commitments by the weekend. Who knows, they have been keeping it very quiet. It is fast and furious for most teams the next 2 weeks. Hope Baylor announces 1-2 commitments next day or two.
BearTiger
6'3" C Vonleh from CO would be huge pickup for us. Let's cross our fingers it's her. But Williams from MI would be great too.
Brusinbear2001
yeah heard Gilbert from AZ and now even Shepherd from Mississippi State are big on LSU. Which i feel pushes a player like Ruby down even further. She can play the 4 but not over Morrow and Smith. So just trying to figure out where her minutes would come from if those two were true.
BearTiger
Morrow and Smith will be starting F. Flaujae and Williams will be starting scoring G. Whitehorn is being considered as PG/CG, not F. Their greatest need is PG since they lost 2 PG's.
Brusinbear2001
I never seen her considering a pg at Clemson she
played W/Forward. Even out of high school she was a Shooting guard. I doubt LSU tries to make someone a PG again especially in back to back seasons without a Reese as a safety net. Even in film on Ruby she can create of her dribble and pass and is really great at it but i do not see a true PG as her position.
BearTiger
You may be right, not as PG, but looking at Whitehorn as combo G. That is what LSU fans are saying. She has the speed and aggressivenes on offense, and defense they like. She may be a rotational piece rather than starting every game. The other 2 that visited could play PG. They should have firepower at scoring. Question for them will be if they will have a replacement for Angel Reese's rebounding.
Brusinbear2001
but i'm saying she doesn't get a starting role at LSU for 2 plus years. At Baylor she gets that next season. She can put herself on display here more than what she can do at LSU.
BearTiger
Yes agree, if Coach N will give her starting role. I don't know why, but I have a hunch she will go to FSU. You just never know what these young ladies are thinking and what motivates them. They may go to a school and like the intangibles we don't think about. A lot of the commitments have left your head scratching wondering why they chose that school. So who knows any more.
Wbbfan365
Sadie Edward's also just posted that THATS ONE AND THEY NOT DONE YET.
Adriacus Peratuun
Will need another post player.

Average minutes, rebounding rate, etc. somewhat point towards a minute platoon situation.
Very solid pickup…..but we need post coverage for 40 mpg.
blackie
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Average minutes, rebounding rate, etc. somewhat point towards a minute platoon situation.
Free throws.....ugh....63%
Brusinbear2001
fixable, dominate post presence that has experience not really fixable with the roster we had
blackie
Brusinbear2001 said:

fixable, dominate post presence that has experience not really fixable with the roster we had
Problem is we have historically had this problem and for most it was never fixed. Not complaining about the get, just that once we might have some luck and have some Iowa State level free throw shooters or at least close.
Adriacus Peratuun
blackie said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

Free throws.....ugh....63%
No 1&1 in WBB makes that % slightly (not totally) less problematic.
But she gets to the FT line at a better rate than Edwards or Buggs or Fontleroy [Blackwell similar per minute rate but Blackwell was worse FT%].

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.