How many more?

5,855 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by 12au
fredbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With Vonleh, we have 10 on the roster, including our two recruits out of high school. It seems to me that we need to get 2 or three more top players to round out an injury protection roster.

Andrews
Van Gytenbeek
Walker
Felder
Fontleroy
Buggs
Abraham
Goryanova
Nelms
Vonleh
-
-
-
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
You didn't include Madison Bartley who could come back for a Covid year so it would be 11 players. I would say get the roster up to 13 players then stop so 2 more additions at most. I know Nicki Collen is following Amina Muhammad from Texas on Instagram, and Amina is a 6 ft 4 inch forward who would be a junior next year.
Adriacus Peratuun
Another post is needed.
A quality 3&D is a huge plus.

Beyond those two items, simply look for high upside adds.
bawitdaball
Madison might have a roster spot but I wouldn't count on her for meaningful minutes. If she is still with the team, she is likely working on a masters degree, which I applaud her for. We need another 5 and maybe a 4. Depth in required and we still need height. One recruit won't change that.
Brusinbear2001
i think we need two more

my hopes would be
Ruby for the big guard good defense can run and push the ball in transition, can defend bigger guards.

and Amina maybe even a Cameron Williams as well to sure up the post but I think we need a 4 to help Buggs out and Amina gives us a height that Buggs does not have and defense and rebounding does not take a hit.
Dcheetah
Think we also need another 3 pt threat
BearlyNose
How come the women's roster on Sic 'em is lacking the incoming freshman and still shows Denae Fritz. Is Denae in the transfer portal or not, and is Madison Bartley gone for certain?
12au
BearlyNose said:

How come the women's roster on Sic 'em is lacking the incoming freshman and still shows Denae Fritz. Is Denae in the transfer portal or not, and is Madison Bartley gone for certain?
There's no reason to believe Bartley's gone
Chibears2
Denae, Catarina and Letty in portal but have they been picked up? Did I miss that they've gone somewhere? If not, they could return, if both sides wanted it, correct, a la Caden Jenkins? We've probably moved on as have they, but just asking, isn't it possible for them to return?
blackie
Chibears2 said:

Denae, Catarina and Letty in portal but have they been picked up? Did I miss that they've gone somewhere? If not, they could return, if both sides wanted it, correct, a la Caden Jenkins? We've probably moved on as have they, but just asking, isn't it possible for them to return?
Yes, to my knowledge it is.
Chibears2
blackie said:

Chibears2 said:

Thanks!
BU71
Chibears2 said:

blackie said:

Chibears2 said:

Thanks!
Does Catarina have any eligibility left? My other question is did either of them burn any bridges on their way into the portal? This team doesn't need any distractions from dissatisfied players.
BUVA
Cat was a JUCO transfer. If she's in the portal she has at least a year left.
Bear3
If Nicki gets 2 more players there will be no room for them. Nicki doesn't want roster larger than 13.
Chibears2
I agree it is highly unlikely any of the three come back. My question was more around *could* they. Thanks for all the input!
Brusinbear2001
i don't think so it seems like the players are all still close, I think it was more so a honesty of what we are going in the portal for and if you have an opportunity to play. I think in the post Lety left because other big name schools would work with 6'7 like i heard Mississippi State was an option and i believe we were her final 2. Kyla on the other hand wasn't heavily recruited by big p5 programs so maybe the portal isn't what she felt is best for her future and wants to grind it out here.
BearlyNose
12au said:

BearlyNose said:

I would like Bartley to stay, but she is not showing on Sic'em's WBB roster, so it makes me wonder. I think Bartley plays a terrific supporting role on the team similar to the role played by Bickle. I have heard good things about Bartley; especially her "can do" attitude, so definitely being a member of our WBB team is a plus. If she wants to earn her Master's degree and believes that pursuing her studies without the interruptions of BB is better for her, I am grateful for the year she gave to the program and wish her well in the pursuit of her studies and afterwards. Sic'em, Madison.
BU71
Brusinbear2001 said:

i don't think so it seems like the players are all still close, I think it was more so a honesty of what we are going in the portal for and if you have an opportunity to play. I think in the post Lety left because other big name schools would work with 6'7 like i heard Mississippi State was an option and i believe we were her final 2. Kyla on the other hand wasn't heavily recruited by big p5 programs so maybe the portal isn't what she felt is best for her future and wants to grind it out here.
Kyla moved a lot in when she was younger causing her to change teams/coaches a lot. This slowed her development no doubt. She probably feels that at this point she would benefit from consistency.
Brusinbear2001
i agree, and even with a Dauda or Muhammad she could still get minutes in the post.
Chibears2
It seems Letty was with team at Bruiser awards. Denae was not, from what I've heard.
12au
BearlyNose said:

12au said:

BearlyNose said:

I would like Bartley to stay, but she is not showing on Sic'em's WBB roster, so it makes me wonder. I think Bartley plays a terrific supporting role on the team similar to the role played by Bickle. I have heard good things about Bartley; especially her "can do" attitude, so definitely being a member of our WBB team is a plus. If she wants to earn her Master's degree and believes that pursuing her studies without the interruptions of BB is better for her, I am grateful for the year she gave to the program and wish her well in the pursuit of her studies and afterwards. Sic'em, Madison.
That is interesting. I've never looked at that roster. It also has Sarah Andrews on 2025 roster (impossible), so maybe we shouldn't read too much into it
blackie
12au said:

BearlyNose said:

12au said:

BearlyNose said:

That is interesting. I've never looked at that roster. It also has Sarah Andrews on 2025 roster (impossible), so maybe we shouldn't read too much into it
More Sicem "insider" info? About as helpful as insider stock tips. Having Andrews on the 2025 roster kills any credibility we could have for any information that comes out of that.
Bullydawg22
Andrews will be on the 2025 roster since she will be coming back for the 24-25 season. So not sure what your credibility issue is since the info looks correct
74Bear
I assume we are still after the Williams girl from Michigan but haven't seen anything latelyi
12au
Bullydawg22 said:

Andrews will be on the 2025 roster since she will be coming back for the 24-25 season. So not sure what your credibility issue is since the info looks correct
Aaronette Vonleh is listed for 2024 roster. Therefore 2024 roster is this coming season--which is also Andrews' final season
Bullydawg22
Lol
fredbear
https://sicem365.com/baylor-womens-basketball/roster

Why is Goryanova not listed here? Why is Nelms not listed?
Dcheetah
Should be. They are coming.
ScottS
74Bear said:

I assume we are still after the Williams girl from Michigan but haven't seen anything latelyi

Any updates?
blackie
ScottS said:

74Bear said:

Any updates?
As mentioned in another thread, this week is a dead period. Don't think you will hear anything until after the 12th.
chorne68
They are not on the roster yet.
BearTiger
I think the "No Recruiting, No Contact" this week May 6-12 is for high school recruits. Transfer portal players are separate, teams can contact transfers, they have 9 more days thru May 15 to sign with a team.
blackie
BearTiger said:

I think the "No Recruiting, No Contact" this week May 6-12 is for high school recruits. Transfer portal players are separate, teams can contact transfers, they have 9 more days thru May 15 to sign with a team.
I was going by another thread on this board whose title included the portal.

https://sicem365.com/forums/4/topics/139332
12au
BearTiger said:

I'm not an expert, but I think the shutdown includes portal entrants--otherwise what's the point? Isn't this supposed to give coaches a break from the constant recruiting hustle?

Also where are you getting May 15 date from? AFAIK there is no deadline to sign with a team...
Dcheetah
Think we signed YaYa in June last year but that is remembrance.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.