Ducks

17,451 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by slimecap
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tell us more about their posts. I know about Moore and Shelley.
Dcheetah
Here is some more on Oregon. They are very impressive on paper and they certainly appear to have depth as per wiltalk.
Should be a great matchup. Anyone know if Sedona will be eligible?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.registerguard.com/sports/20190408/looking-ahead-oregon-womens-basketball-team-is-loading-up-for-next-season%3ftemplate=ampart
AirBear
mimi25408 said:

Here is my take on the Oregon vs Baylor game and this coming season.

1.) Both chole and juicy had an off game. Had both of them made the shots that they usually make the game would have been a 10-12 pt victory.

2.) Oregon got away with about 10 moving screens .

3.) Everyone is talking about how good Oregon's offense is but not how good Baylor's defense is.

4.) Although Oregon will return alot of fire power, their offense is predictable. They will run behind screens to shoot 3's and run pick and rolls.

5.) Baylor on the other hand will be on a different ball game. . People forget we beat Oregon without making a single 3 pointer. They are bringing people back but so are we. People will be getting a hefty taste of our number #1 recruiting class that now have a year under their belt. We have good post and deadly 3pt shooter that will get their shine this year.

6.) Now that Kalani is gone I think are tempo goes from fast to turbo. Both Decosta and HSG has moved that can draw and 1's and quickly have the opposing them in foul trouble

Overall Oregon will be hard to beat but... so will we.
Mimi--I agree. As to point #6, I think in those moments where Cox is resting on the bench and Queen and Smith are the posts, this team will look like turbo+.

historian
mimi25408 said:

Overall Oregon will be hard to beat but... so will we.

This is the best response to those who rank Oregon #1.
BaylorGrad&Dad
With all this discussion about the Ducks, I re-watched the game on YouTube last night.

And for those of you wondering.....we won again, and I believe we will again if we meet them this year!
Chibears2
The Ionescu vs Richardson matchup alone will be worth the price of admission! (DiDi might need to work on her "stank eye" game, so she can give Sabrina a bit of her own medicine. Of course, I'd rather win the scoreboard than the glare contest any day of the week! Perhaps the glare from DiDi's championship ring can elicit a blink from Sabrina!). All said in competitive good natured jest, sort of..... I think Ionescue is a heck of a player and I respect her for wanting to return her senior year.
Hairy Bear
Baylor won the Oregon game in the final 4 because our team stepped up on defense following the 64-61 lead taken by Oregon in the 4th quarter. Oregon attempted 13 field goals and missed 12 of these attempts after that point in time leading to a 72-67 victory, the lone goal was a three, there were no foul shots to be attempted by Oregon during that period. Even the field goal that was made was a second or third attempt on that possession. It was our defense that won the game, it was not the result of cold shooting by Oregon in my opinion, I have rewatched the game at least twice to see what did happen and that is my opinion.
BaylorBearWBBFan
Dcheetah said:

Tell us more about their posts. I know about Moore and Shelley.
Basically they return 6'4" Ruthy Hebard at the 5, who didn't give us any troubles, and 6'4" Satou Sabally at the 4, but she is almost more of a versatile wing. They also add Satou's sister 6'5" Nyara Sabally, who is rumored to be a cross between Satou and Ruthy (have both an inside and outside game). Then they add 6'5" Lucy Cochrane (she gave DeCosta some troubles in this vid: Prince of course remains in question.
Dcheetah
Thank you!
skilledup
Prince was ruled ineligible but she is continuing to fight the decision
gone to Tickfaw
I doubt anyone can beat a healthy BU team this year, even in Storrs
historian
No question that will be one of the biggest games of the season.
mimi25408
I find it funny that when Prince decided to transfer all of her finalist were all in this years final four. Bandwagon much lol
mimi25408
I agree, even with a tuff Oregon team I think if Baylor clicks and finds the right rotations we will be hard to beat.
mimi25408
I'm ready for another championship!! Let's go baby !!
UBBY
mimi25408 said:

I agree, even with a tuff Oregon team I think if Baylor clicks and finds the right rotations we will be hard to beat.

They really don't have any flaws. We can go big with Degrate and Cox. We can go small and run the court with Smith and Egbo. We have outside shooters in Juicy, Moon and Aquira. Depth at almost every position.

The only issue is how do you keep Caitlin, Trinity and Honesty happy without much playing time with the starters. Off the bench will be Moon, Queen, Erin and Aquira.
WacoKelly83
It all starts with defense and I think that's what sets Baylor apart. How's Oregon's defense? I honestly don't remember.
Dcheetah
I bet Honesty plays herself into some decent playing time.
historian
Oregon might find playing Baylor hard to bear again.
Dcheetah
Their D should be better than last year with Minion Moore and the added height (N Sabally and Cochrane and possibly Sedona (prob not per skilledup). However I don't think they focus on D as much as we do and we have 2 of if not the best defenders in Wbb and more shut down or potential shut down defenders.
Dcheetah
Lots of good teams besides Oregon. Have to keep our eyes on our prize. If we both take care of business, then a pretty good chance we will meet!
BaylorBearWBBFan
Also, while Minyon Moore upgrades their defense, she could negatively (for them) alter their spacing. She shot just about 24% from the three, so opponents can really sag off of her, unlike Cazorla who was a knock-down shooter. I know it doesn't seem like much, but having a player on the court who can't shoot the three really changes the spacing and allows defenders so much help (see Mississippi State vs. Oregon).
ScottS
I think we will be duck hunting this season.
Lone Star
ScottS said:

So will everyone else.

I think that Stanford is going to give Oregon a run for the money in the PAC-12.

I think we just need to maintain our focus as usual on winning our conference first, getting the best seed to the NCAAs, then focusing on each game until the FF. After that, it is a 2 game tourney and then you only need to worry about the opponent in front of you.

The Ducks will have enough pressure on themselves that we only need to focus on ourselves.
blueeyedbear
Lone Star said:

ScottS said:

So will everyone else.

I think that Stanford is going to give Oregon a run for the money in the PAC-12.

I think we just need to maintain our focus as usual on winning our conference first, getting the best seed to the NCAAs, then focusing on each game until the FF. After that, it is a 2 game tourney and then you only need to worry about the opponent in front of you.

The Ducks will have enough pressure on themselves that we only need to focus on ourselves.
I do not disagree that Stanford will be a factor in the final PAC 12 standings but I keep warning folks that Oregon State is going to have a say as well !!!
drahthaar
Must stay healthy!
#2s and 3s must step up their games.
Must not get bad or inconsistent refs.
historian
I wish our ooc schedule this year included Oregon State & Mississippi State.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
SSadler
skilledup said:

Steely Dan said:

skilledup said:

Higgs coming back along with Joyner having a complete year without the drama will make them a lot better....

What's changed in the drama department? I thought KA was the source of a lot of it.

I was speaking of Joyner when I was talking about drama. Holmes hasn't had a complete off season without some type of off the court issue
Joyner is a myth. A high school All American who will leave UT and have produced nothing. She can intimidate most post players with her size, but she seems to "lower" her game when its time to dominate.

She wants toi be a forwar or guard who faces the basket.

It aint happening.

A myth, absolutely.
slimecap
Aug 31, 2019

Nyara Sabally - younger sister of Ducks small forward Satou Sabally

"For the second time in as many seasons, Oregon women's basketball forward Nyara Sabally will miss the entire season with a torn right ACL. Sabally, who was on the verge of making a return from last year's knee injury, announced on Instagram that she had re-torn the same ligament that was torn last year.

"It hurts to say it but...I re-tore my ACL and I will have to sit out again," Sabally said. "As you can see I just got done with surgery and everything went good."

She was expected to factor into the frontcourt rotation this season as the Ducks look to follow up their Final Four season in 2018-19. Look for sophomore Lydia Giomi to see an increased role in Sabally's absence."

- Brady Lim, Daily Emerald
slimecap
Dcheetah said:

Anyone know if Sedona will be eligible?
UPDATE Oct 3, 2019
"Sedona Prince, a 6-foot-7 forward, would give Graves a dozen players to chose from, if the NCAA grants her application for immediate eligibility."

- Ryan Thorburn, Eugene OR Register-Guard
slimecap

Oct 7, 2019

The poll was voted on by the league's 12 head coaches. The Conference has administered a preseason poll every year since it began sponsoring women's sports in 1986-87.

- Pac-12 Conference website
SirBearALot
Some guy on the internet (ESPN maybe) did not have Baylor in final four but had Org. Uconn Stanford and Aggie. Hmm. I say no UConn. Maybe Aggie.
WacoKelly83
SirBearALot said:

Some guy on the internet (ESPN maybe) did not have Baylor in final four but had Org. Uconn Stanford and Aggie. Hmm. I say no UConn. Maybe Aggie.

https://www.ncaa.com/video/basketball-women/2019-10-09/di-wbk-katz-womens-basketball-preview
longtimebear
WacoKelly83 said:

SirBearALot said:

https://www.ncaa.com/video/basketball-women/2019-10-09/di-wbk-katz-womens-basketball-preview
Katz is sooo wrong. But then again he works for ESPiN. Wouldn't dare put Baylor over UCorn.
LOTRADER
I find it interesting that most over here posting are not forecasting UCONN as a team (or the team) that Baylor fans believe will be in the Championship game. If you go to the UCONN (Boneyard) board, lots of views through Rose colored glasses.

Much respect to those that see Oregon State as a threat. I believe this is the year 1 or 2 PAC-12 teams will be in the Final 4.

My top 4 are: Baylor, UO, Texas A&M, Stanford
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.