GROUP TICKETS FOR RICE GAME 9/21

2,533 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MrGolfguy
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes, I know it is ridiculously early. I was planning to wait until August before doing anything but I got a call from Rice today (I'm still on their email list from 2016) asking if my friends & I want to arrange something again for this year's Baylor game. I'm thinking: if we get in earlier, it is easier to get all the seats together instead of spread out over several sections (Texas Bowl).

So here it is: I do not have any specific details yet because I have not called them back. But if anyone thinks they might be interested in going to this game let me know how many seats you will want & I will begin making arrangements. It was fun in 2016 and we had a decent group discount. It would be wonderful if we could get an entire section of people in green & gold.

Sic' em Bears!
MrGolfguy
Can you 'ballpark' how much each discounted group ticket would cost?
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
historian
In 2016 our tickets were $45 each and we were group together in section 110. They were pretty good seats.
MrGolfguy
OK; this year face value for BU at Rice tickets is $45, so if they told you that was a discounted price then something ain't right.
historian
I don't know if the face value then was the same as now. Also, I don't know if we were in a different section than the Baylor section for tickets sold by Baylor. For the past few years that I've been going to these road games, the prices I have paid have usually been lower than those available through Baylor. I seem to remember at the time that we got a pretty good deal.
BUster
I was getting ready to get two tickets through BU. They are offering them thru May 31. I didn't know if buying now would get better seats than waiting until August. I don't care about the discount but would like to have good seats among Bear fans.
2023 Adopt-a-Bear: Devyn Bobby, S, So
BUster
historian said:

Yes, I know it is ridiculously early. I was planning to wait until August before doing anything but I got a call from Rice today (I'm still on their email list from 2016) asking if my friends & I want to arrange something again for this year's Baylor game. I'm thinking: if we get in earlier, it is easier to get all the seats together instead of spread out over several sections (Texas Bowl).

So here it is: I do not have any specific details yet because I have not called them back. But if anyone thinks they might be interested in going to this game let me know how many seats you will want & I will begin making arrangements. It was fun in 2016 and we had a decent group discount. It would be wonderful if we could get an entire section of people in green & gold.

Sic' em Bears!
I've never bought tickets for the Texas CHRISTIAN game before. Would it be better to get them now through BU or wait until closer tot eh season. Are the BU tickets in a block?
historian
Unfortunately, I don't know much about the situation in Ft Worth. My guess is that if you get tickets through Baylor they will be in a block but not necessarily the best price. I've only been to one game in Ft Worth (it was miserable in 2015). If you are certain you want to go and be in the Baylor block, then get them in advance. Personally, I will wait and see--mainly to save money and to determine if I want to make the trip.
BUster
historian said:

Unfortunately, I don't know much about the situation in Ft Worth. My guess is that if you get tickets through Baylor they will be in a block but not necessarily the best price. I've only been to one game in Ft Worth (it was miserable in 2015). If you are certain you want to go and be in the Baylor block, then get them in advance. Personally, I will wait and see--mainly to save money and to determine if I want to make the trip.
BU is asking $55 for Ft Worth/ $100 for Okie Lite.
MrGolfguy
It's not what BU is asking, it's what Tcu and Okie State set the price at.
BUster
MrGolfguy said:

It's not what BU is asking, it's what Tcu and Okie State set the price at.
I understand that's what the schools are asking, but that is what BU is asking for them.
BUster
BUster said:

historian said:

So here it is: I do not have any specific details yet because I have not called them back. But if anyone thinks they might be interested in going to this game let me know how many seats you will want & I will begin making arrangements. It was fun in 2016 and we had a decent group discount. It would be wonderful if we could get an entire section of people in green & gold. I am going, see what kind of deal you can get. Thanks.

Sic' em Bears!
I've never bought tickets for the Texas CHRISTIAN game before. Would it be better to get them now through BU or wait until closer tot eh season. Are the BU tickets in a block?

BUster
BUster said:

BUster said:

historian said:

So here it is: I do not have any specific details yet because I have not called them back. But if anyone thinks they might be interested in going to this game let me know how many seats you will want & I will begin making arrangements. It was fun in 2016 and we had a decent group discount. It would be wonderful if we could get an entire section of people in green & gold. I am going, see what kind of deal you can get. Thanks.

Sic' em Bears!

I am going to Rice. Would like two tickets. See what you find out.
historian
I will put out another announcement later in the summer and if we have enough interest then I will order the tickets. I will also contact Rice to see what specific group deals they have this year. I'm sure it will be a good crowd. If we could have a good Baylor showing in 2016 when things were not looking so good, we should be able to do very well this year--especially for those who remember are last trip to Houston!
historian
I plan to call Rice tomorrow to inquire about group discounts. If anyone is thinking about going and want to be part of the group, let me know. I will post when I have details.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
I spoke to Rice today and we can get a better deal than we did in 2016. The tickets are the same price, $45 each. But they are better seats: section 111, rows 37-39.

If you are interested in watching the Bears play in Houston again, p.m. ASAP with your name, contact info (cell & email), & the number of tickets you are interested in.

I will call them back as soon as we have a group. I prefer to call before Tuesday when they go on sale to the general public and it will be more difficult to have a block. I much prefer to watch the game with Baylor fans!

Sic 'em Bears!!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
MrGolfguy
MrGolfguy said:

OK; this year face value for BU at Rice tickets is $45, so if they told you that was a discounted price then something ain't right.
The above still applies.

I'm confused as to why they aren't offering you a discounted price for a large group. If a single person went to the Rice ticket window on gameday to buy a ticket for the game the price would be $45. If they know you are going to be buying for a group of 20, 30, 40, 50, whatever then they should be offering you a discounted group rate of $25-$30 per ticket. Thanks for your time & effort in putting this together but i think the Rice ticket office is screwing you over on the deal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.