Group tickets for Big 12 Championship??

5,298 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by historian
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know it's premature and I don't really want to do anything concrete until Monday, but I called AT&T Stadium to ask about group discounts and got a voicemail. I will try again ASAP, maybe tomorrow or Friday. I had a contact from the TCU group who had a connection to AT&T but cannot remember who. So I will go directly to them. I thought about trying Baylor Athletics as well but I don't expect them to have any group deals.
Matt24601
Interested
historian
It will have to wait until Monday. I did not have a chance yesterday or today.
BuchananBear
Getting group tickets sounds like a great idea.
Ma&PaBear
historian
It worked for TCU. We had at least 250 in our group.
BUfan2019
This would be fantastic! I will keep tabs on your progress.
StacyLynn624
Interested
TXWayne
BearFoot
Interested. Would need 5 tickets.
historian
I talked to Baylor Athletics and they do not have any group discounts at this time. As of now, all they have are 4th level seats at $95 each. In my mind, that's outrageous. If I cannot find a better seat at a better price, I probably won't go. That's a disappointment.

I tried calling AT&T Stadium but apparently the ticket office is not open yet. I will try again.
Beaneater
$95 for 400 level is not outrageous. I'm finally ready to get in one of your groups. I have 8. Let's go History Man.
Beaneater
I just saw that the south bench is for the 1st place team, per big12sports.com. Assuming BU & OU wins, we are 2d place (I know that blows toad's mind, but it's true).

Stub hub right now sec 441 $86.45 plus stub hub fees of course

As I understand it the only tickets baylor has left are in the 400s.

But, an ou win is certainly not guaranteed. in stoolwater. osu win = 3rd place finish & knocking b.s. OUT of the playoffs. They are motivated.
historian
I spoke to someone at AT&T Stadium and have information for the game:

Ticket prices are $65, $95, $145 & $195. There is a 10% discount for groups of 10 or more. Right now, the lower level seats are not available since the Big 12 is holding them. I don't know how long. The lower 2 prices are for the 400 level seats, the higher 2 brackets are for 100, 200, & 300 level.

historian
I should add that Club seats are also currently being held by the Big 12. Maybe they think they can sell them for more $$$.
historian
UPDATE:

I spoke to the AT&T rep today and the Big 12 is still holding a lot of seats (all 100 level seats & all Club level). He thinks they might release some of them on Monday. We won't know until then whether or not the Baylor section will be on the north or south side but Beeneater was correct about #1 having south. If the Pokes win Saturday, we will be #1. So there is not point ordering tickets until Monday.

To simplify things, I will stick with 2 prices: $145 & $65 minus the 10% group discount. I have already had several people indicating interest in both. If anyone is interested, send me a PM ASAP with contact info (full name, cell# & email) along with the number of tickets & which price you prefer. Also, be prepared to send me the funds through PayPal by this weekend. Once I have firm commitments, I will call back & order tickets.
historian
Ticket prices are $58.50 for the 400 level seats and $130.50 for the 200 level seats. These are group discounts. I will call to order tickets tomorrow afternoon. If anyone wants to join our group, PM me with contact info (full name, cell #, & email) and the number of seats and at which price. Also, send me the funds through PayPal ASAP. Once I have it, I will order.

NOTE: IF YOU USE A CREDIT CARD, YOU NEED TO ADD MORE BECAUSE PAYPAL DEDUCTS THE FEES.

If I calculated correctly, the approximate costs to include credit card fees are: $60.35 and $135.75.
atomicblast
This doesnt include the 30 fee per ticket that stub hub charges right?
historian
I'm going through AT&T Stadium direct, no Stubhub.
Chamberman
Where's the tailgating going to take place?

Already have my tickets Section C233.
historian
I ordered 70 tickets today.

LAST CALL:

If anyone else wants to join our group, PM me your contact info (full name, cell #, email) and the number of tickets you want and which section, 200 level or 400 level.

Also, be prepared to send the funds through PayPal ASAP.

Prices: $58.50 each or $130.50 each. IF YOU USE A CREDIT CARD, YOU MUST ADD APX 1% BECAUSE PAYPAL DEDUCTS THE FEES: $60.26 OR $134.50.
Camo08
Hey historian, please check PM's.
historian
I sent you a PM.
DMCTX
historian - I sent you a PM.

Thanks
historian
I sent you a PM in return.
jeffj34
historian - PM sent
historian
I sent you a PM too.
BaylorBearGuy
Is it too late to get in on this?
historian
I will call tomorrow to place the final order for tickets. If anyone want to join us, provide me contact info (full name, cell#, email) & the number of tickets & in which level. Send the money ASAP through PayPal. When I call tomorrow, I will order the tickets I have the funds for.
Knight Bear
Do we know where in the 400 level (which section)? I will likely be sending my info 1st thing in the morning, plus Paypal.
historian
Our previous groups are in 452,453, & 454. I will try to add to those sections or nearby. I always try to get the best available.
Knight Bear
Don't wait on me. I was able to get in with another group. Thanks for the info and helping all on this!
historian
Enjoy the game and Sic 'em Bears!
Marlin
Where are the tickets in the 200 sections?
historian
The tickets I ordered Monday were for section 228. I'm about to call again & will try to get the same or nearby. I always try to get the best available.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.