If you go to San Francisco, check this map first

3,831 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by El Oso
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SF map
whitetrash
And be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.

They help mask the stench.
ABC BEAR
Paradise for a brown dirt cowboy.
ScottS
When I look at the map its amazing how much poop is on it. Has anyone visited SF and experienced this?
ScottS
I guess I should also ask if anyone got to SF, noticed all the people pooping in the street and so u did it too.
Dia del DougO
That's why they have all that fog. To cover up the sight of **** everywhere.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
cowboycwr
Just don't tell that councilman in Seattle that they washed the poop off because using hoses is racist.....
Dia del DougO
That's California for you. Feel free to take a dump in the street any time, but get caught with a plastic drinking straw and you could wind up in jail.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
cowboycwr
Dia del DougO said:

That's California for you. Feel free to take a dump in the street any time, but get caught with a plastic drinking straw and you could wind up in jail.
And now they are going one step further as they are going to ban the little plastic swords that come in drinks.

but taxpayers are still paying for needles for junkies......

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/08/03/in-silly-san-francisco-disease-ridden-needles-are-ok-but-plastic-cocktail-stirrer-will-soon-be-illegal.html
ScottS
The land of fruits and nuts.
bularry
I visited San Fran with the family for a few days back in July '16. There were some seriously mentally unstable people on the streets.

We stayed in a VRBO in the Castro area (historic gay neighborhood) and it was pretty nice, and I never felt unsafe in all the walking but we saw enough crazies going to get coffee in the morning that I gave my family the "here's how we handle this..." speech. We did a lot of walking and no incidents, so that was good. Did see a lot of homeless camps in the city as we Uber'd around a bit.

I know they are concerned, in general, about the homeless issue. I have heard the homeless/panhandlers have gotten very aggressive and numerous in Portland and Seattle, too.

ScottS
See any doo doo?
Dia del DougO
I visited San Fran back in the late 90s looking forward to viewing the mythical Golden Gate city I had heard so many raves about. It was one of the nastiest places I've ever been, and that was supposed to be the cool part. Seemed like everything was coated with soot. It was really a massive disappointment.

Drove over the Golden Gate bridge twice and I've still never seen it, due to the fog. All I could see were the red taillights in front of me.
bularry
ScottS said:

See any doo doo?

Did not, thankfully
bularry
Too bad. I've been on the Golden Gate Bridge on foot on a clear day and it is amazing. Walking across is a piece of Americana

I really love the city, but goodness is it expensive
cms186
ScottS said:

When I look at the map its amazing how much poop is on it. Has anyone visited SF and experienced this?
I visited SF a few years ago and i'll be honest, i dont recall seeing any at all, not that i was keeping an eye out for it mind
I'm the English Guy
Dia del DougO
I didn't see any poop, but I went to an NFL game in Oakland and it was one of the scariest public places I've ever been. That day they happened to be taking guns in exhange for game tickets. The lack of guns wouldn't make me any less cautious with that crowd. And it was a nasty ****ing place.
Loaded4Bear
The politicians in San Francisco will now throw you in jail for having a plastic straw yet are giving away needles to drug users on the streets for free. Plastic straws- bad. Drug needles- good. This is the Ultra Liberal Left at its finest.
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
cms186
Loaded4Bear said:

The politicians in San Francisco will now throw you in jail for having a plastic straw yet are giving away needles to drug users on the streets for free. Plastic straws- bad. Drug needles- good. This is the Ultra Liberal Left at its finest.
Giving clean needles to Drug addicts is a well used strategy to prevent them from reusing or sharing them with other people in an effort to prevent disease, this seems like an odd thing to criticise someone for, but hey, anything to criticise Libs, AMIRITE?
I'm the English Guy
Loaded4Bear
cms186 said:

Loaded4Bear said:

Giving clean needles to Drug addicts is a well used strategy to prevent them from reusing or sharing them with other people in an effort to prevent disease, this seems like an odd thing to criticise someone for, but hey, anything to criticise Libs, AMIRITE?
Personally, I would much rather step on a plastic straw than a discarded drug needle on the street, but to each his own.
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
cms186
Loaded4Bear said:

cms186 said:

Loaded4Bear said:

Personally, I would much rather step on a plastic straw than a discarded drug needle on the street, but to each his own.
yeah, because thats what i said
I'm the English Guy
El Oso
That was not my experience when we spent 3 days in SF. Looked clean to me. I'll spot you we stock to tourism cites but even just walking around the city there wasn't a smell or poop in the streets as the map may lead you to believe.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.