* * Anybody Remember Ron Chapman? "Sump'n Else"? Bud Buschardt?

3,360 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another one in the books. This one took just over 6 months to produce. Lots of back and forth, reaching out for color inserts. Bud Buschardt, best known as Carter's cousin! (aka the primo musical guru, Unit Manager for "Sump'n Else", DJ, producer, director and instructor at UNT and of course Oldies host on various radio shows - WFAA and KLIF) https://memoriesofdallas.org/budbuschardt/
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Stranger
Watched it every day. Joannie Prather, Delta Teague, Colleen Anderaag, Kathy Formey. I was in love.
No Longer Gold
Was an intern directly with Ron one summer while at BU. He was still with KVIL.

I've got a bunch of stories....
Assassin
Bud has a massive audio collection. This is one his buddy and a mentor, legendary Dallas reporter Murphy Martin gave him. This is the actual recording of Jack Ruby being sentenced
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Wichitabear
I woke up every morning getting ready for work listening to Ron Chapman while living in Arlington. I loved his show.
Assassin

Bud did the music quizes for Buddy Magazine. January 1978
bularry
DubDub said:

Was an intern directly with Ron one summer while at BU. He was still with KVIL.

I've got a bunch of stories....
i remember listening to Ron Chapman on KVIL when I was a kid. My mom always listened to that station.
91Bear
Sadly, Bud passed away on March 15. I was proud to call him a friend.
Joined in 1999 as 91Bear. Proud Baylor alumnus. Computer Science, BUGWB, Drumline
Bexar Pitts
91Bear said:

R.I.P....His work was on Sump'n Else was phenomenal. Once "borrowed" the family car, loaded up my runnin' buddies, and drove to the NorthPark studio where I fogged up the studio windows gazing at Colleen and Joanie. The Five Americans were pretty regular guests on the show, and they did a fantastic job pulling it off in that tiny studio with bunches of rabid fans both inside and out. He must've been the consummate professional. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
Assassin
Ron passed away today. Heaven is playing the Oldies today
Stranger
https://www.dallasnews.com/arts-entertainment/2021/04/26/dallas-radio-legend-ron-chapman-dies-at-85/
I'm a Bearbacker
SSadler
I enjoyed Ron Chapman.

Almost, but not quite, as much as I enjoyed WBAP "Sam from Sales" (the salesman who sells from BOTH sides of the desk")
Assassin
Bexar Pitts said:

91Bear said:

R.I.P....His work was on Sump'n Else was phenomenal. Once "borrowed" the family car, loaded up my runnin' buddies, and drove to the NorthPark studio where I fogged up the studio windows gazing at Colleen and Joanie. The Five Americans were pretty regular guests on the show, and they did a fantastic job pulling it off in that tiny studio with bunches of rabid fans both inside and out. He must've been the consummate professional. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
here's another story I did with MIke Rabon from the Five Americans

https://memoriesofdallas.org/mikerabon/
Bexar Pitts
Assassin said:

Bexar Pitts said:

91Bear said:

You'll never know how much I enjoyed your post! Great, Great memories of a time gone by, but never forgotten..and I'm always appreciative of stories from that period. Thanks a million!
Assassin
Bexar Pitts said:

Assassin said:

Bexar Pitts said:

91Bear said:

You'll never know how much I enjoyed your post! Great, Great memories of a time gone by, but never forgotten..and I'm always appreciative of stories from that period. Thanks a million!
thanks!
Assassin
Assassin said:

Bexar Pitts said:

91Bear said:

Angus Wynne called me and told me that Mike passed away this past week. RIP my brother
william
Dale?
Assassin
Another ones of Mike's hits that Ron Chapman promoted like heck.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.