Post a song you like

316,444 Views | 3645 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by william
Roy Rogers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
Ludwig von Missi
quash said:

Crash Davis said:

GoldMind said:

Crash Davis said:

forza orsi said:

Steve Earle - Fort Worth Blues. This a live version from Austin City Limits in 1997, a special show as a tribute to Townes Van Zandt, who died earlier that year. The whole thing is worth watching. Willie Nelson, Guy Clark, Nancy Griffith, Emmy Lou Harris, Lyle Lovett, Steve Earle, Rodney Crowell and a few others, all on stage together taking turns with solos and duets.

The embedded video is the whole show. The link right above takes you to the start of Fort Worth blues within that show. Lots of emotion from Nancy and Willie during that song.

Oh man. I can't wait to give this a watch/listen.

Steve Earle once said, "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world, and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." Steve Earle isn't so bad himself - one of the most underrated songs writers of his generation imo.

Pump your brakes, Steve. Willie Nelson might hear you.
I think Willie would give Townes the nod.

Willie might go with Guy Clark. Always loved Jerry Jeff doing LA Freeway, then a few months ago Pandora served up Clark doing his own song. So much sweetness.

Anyway, late to a great thread, here's one I've been singing lately, Band of Heathens.

I don't typically get emotional when people I've never met pass away, but Guy's death really hit me. Trey3216 and I went up to George's that day and wore out Guy Clark on the jukebox. He was one of the best to ever do it.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
forza orsi
Crash Davis said:

quash said:

Crash Davis said:

GoldMind said:

Crash Davis said:

forza orsi said:

Steve Earle - Fort Worth Blues. This a live version from Austin City Limits in 1997, a special show as a tribute to Townes Van Zandt, who died earlier that year. The whole thing is worth watching. Willie Nelson, Guy Clark, Nancy Griffith, Emmy Lou Harris, Lyle Lovett, Steve Earle, Rodney Crowell and a few others, all on stage together taking turns with solos and duets.

The embedded video is the whole show. The link right above takes you to the start of Fort Worth blues within that show. Lots of emotion from Nancy and Willie during that song.

Steve Earle once said, "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world, and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." Steve Earle isn't so bad himself - one of the most underrated songs writers of his generation imo.

Willie might go with Guy Clark. Always loved Jerry Jeff doing LA Freeway, then a few months ago Pandora served up Clark doing his own song. So much sweetness.

Anyway, late to a great thread, here's one I've been singing lately, Band of Heathens.

I don't typically get emotional when people I've never met pass away, but Guy's death really hit me. Trey3216 and I went up to George's that day and wore out Guy Clark on the jukebox. He was one of the best to ever do it.

Same here with Guy Clark and also with Townes Van Vandt. Died twenty years apart, but were both from the same era and both were just amazing songwriters whose work was recorded by lots of great artists. I'm glad I got to see Guy perform live once, but it was way, way back. Always meant to go see him again but, sadly, I never got around to it.
quash
forza orsi said:

Crash Davis said:

quash said:

Crash Davis said:

GoldMind said:

Crash Davis said:

forza orsi said:

Same here with Guy Clark and also with Townes Van Vandt. Died twenty years apart, but were both from the same era and both were just amazing songwriters whose work was recorded by lots of great artists. I'm glad I got to see Guy perform live once, but it was way, way back. Always meant to go see him again but, sadly, I never got around to it.

Dude, they're all over the internet
william
william
Fetterman2024
slimecap
Friday night at Paradise Garage
approaching the 25th year of the loss of incredible DJ Larry Levan

Paradise - Change

`
slimecap

Vertigo/Relight My Fire - Dan Hartman featuring Loleatta Holloway

`
slimecap

Use It Up and Wear It Out - Odyssey

`

`
slimecap

Someone Like You - Sylvester (Larry Levan mix)

`

`
slimecap

I'm Ready - Kano

`
slimecap

New York You Got Me Dancing - Andrea True Connection

`
slimecap

First True Love Affair - Jimmy Ross (Larry Levan mix)

`

`
DMCTX
painterist
I am listening to Jeremih - Don't Tell 'Em (Audio) ft. YG
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Ludwig von Missi
Last Thursday I bought tickets to see Jerry Jeff play at Gruene Hall in December...got an email yesterday that the show had been canceled. He also canceled a show in Waco in early October. Not sure he is doing so great health-wise. Saw him last December at GH and it was the best I had seen him in years. Hope he is doing alright.

Florda_mike
Crash Davis said:

Last Thursday I bought tickets to see Jerry Jeff play at Gruene Hall in December...got an email yesterday that the show had been canceled. He also canceled a show in Waco in early October. Not sure he is doing so great health-wise. Saw him last December at GH and it was the best I had seen him in years. Hope he is doing alright.

I had to check this out

It said "setbacks in treatment and recovery of throat cancer"

Ugh
Ludwig von Missi
Florda_mike said:

Crash Davis said:

I had to check this out

Ugh
Dang, had no clue about that. Guess I should have googled but figured I would have heard something if it was public.
Florda_mike
Crash Davis said:

Florda_mike said:

Crash Davis said:

I had to check this out

Ugh
Dang, had no clue about that. Guess I should have googled but figured I would have heard something if it was public.

Yep
GoldMind
Pea Weevil

Pea Weevil

Brian Ethridge
Staff
slimecap
Uncertain Smile - The The featuring Jools Holland on keyboatds
Live from London's Royal Albert Hall
my favorite morning alarm clock song

`
Mr Caithness (stovepipe)
my FAVORITE COUNTRY MUSIC SONG !!:

Private Pyle
Amazing Grace
GoldMind
BaylorProud77

Police
quash
Alice's Restaurant
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Fat Daddy
quash said:

Alice's Restaurant

Today's the day!!
BaylorProud77

Whitney Houston
forza orsi
quash said:

Alice's Restaurant
Happy Thanksgiving from Alice's Restaurant...
Private Pyle
First Page Last Page
Page 15 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.