Post a song you like

316,562 Views | 3645 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by william
bubbadog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RioRata said:

Hey,

it's Ann Wilson's birthday.
x
Keyser Soze
There too.

I thought they stole the show. Last act before the main headliners - Ted Nugent & Aerosmith

so hot

Did you see Van Halen ? Half empty stadium early in the day
bubbadog
Keyser Soze said:

There too.

I thought they stole the show. Last act before the main headliners - Ted Nugent & Aerosmith

so hot

x
Florda_mike
I have a couple friends that went and still talk about it

Hoooootttt
Mr Tulip
This wasn't the Texxas Jam where Styx tried the 5 minute art noveau opening to "Mr. Roboto" in front of 70,000 drunk, heat exhausted rednecks was it?
Keyser Soze
I believe they were the opener.

Memory gets a little foggy, but I would guess under 10K in the Cotton Bowl when they played.
bubbadog
Mr Tulip said:

This wasn't the Texxas Jam where Styx tried the 5 minute art noveau opening to "Mr. Roboto" in front of 70,000 drunk, heat exhausted rednecks was it?
x
bubbadog
Keyser Soze said:

I believe they were the opener.

Memory gets a little foggy, but I would guess under 10K in the Cotton Bowl when they played.
x
Keyser Soze
Styx played in 83

Been speaking of the very first one in 78

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texxas_Jam
Mr Tulip
bubbadog said:

Mr Tulip said:

No. I think I would've remembered that.
I looked it up. That was the 1983 version.
slimecap
Mr Tulip said:

I was there! Still have photos. But I didn't drink and I don't think I have ever been designated as a redneck. It was the first time my Baylor dormmate's little sister had ever seen pot.

First time I ever saw Van Halen.

Keyser Soze
Fat Daddy
A solid cover of a great Jackson Browne song. The tribute album "Looking Into You" was released a few years ago and Is outstanding!

Mr Tulip
slimecap said:

Mr Tulip said:

I was there! Still have photos. But I didn't drink and I don't think I have ever been designated as a redneck. It was the first time my Baylor dormmate's little sister had ever seen pot.

First time I ever saw Van Halen.

Heh. Yeah, the description was more or less meant to emphasize that you don't wanna do that sort of thing right after Hagar and Nugent have torn up the house.

I've been told it more or less ended Styx.
Keyser Soze
FWIW - Went to first Texxas Jam on Saturday and Willie's event was in the Cotton Bowl the next day on Sunday. Far more pot at Willie's gig than the rock show
bubbadog
Keyser Soze said:

FWIW - Went to first Texxas Jam on Saturday and Willie's event was in the Cotton Bowl the next day on Sunday. Far more pot at Willie's gig than the rock show
Keyser Soze
bubbadog said:

Keyser Soze said:

I did that, too. And you're right about the pot, at least as far as I could tell.
So did you learn the wrist ban secrete Saturday and apply it Sunday?

The concessions at the fair were open for the event. You could get a wrist band to exit and re-enter the cotton bowl. Early days of this, and they did not cut off the wrist band upon re-entry. You could then pull it off and pass it on.

Had ticket for day one, but saw the sales of wrist bands $5 bucks. Not a real C&W fan, but we knew and used the scam for Willie & Co. Girls at the front of the stage on BF's shoulders taking tops off - wildest concert I have been to.
bubbadog
Keyser Soze said:

bubbadog said:

Keyser Soze said:

I did that, too. And you're right about the pot, at least as far as I could tell.
So did you learn the wrist ban secrete Saturday and apply it Sunday?

The concessions at the fair were open for the event. You could get a wrist band to exit and re-enter the cotton bowl. Early days of this, and they did not cut off the wrist band upon re-entry. You could then pull it off and pass it on.

Had ticket for day one, but saw the sales of wrist bands $5 bucks. Not a real C&W fan, but we knew and used the scam for Willie & Co. Girls at the front of the stage on BF's shoulders taking tops off - wildest concert I have been to.
RioRata
Keyser Soze said:

There too.

so hot

Yep. Moved up to the upper deck just before sunset. Lots of second hand weed rising up from the lower bowl.
bubbadog
Fat Daddy said:

A solid cover of a great Jackson Browne song. The tribute album "Looking Into You" was released a few years ago and Is outstanding!

RioRata
RioRata
Moving In Stereo & All Mixed Up

RioRata
RioRata
RioRata
forza orsi
A couple of things from Crosby, Stills & Nash. First one is cool because of the back story. Graham Nash was in Hawaii, hanging out with his dealer, and he had two hours until he had to go to the airport. His dealer bet him $500 that he couldn't write a hit song in the two hours before his flight. He won the bet by 1:40. Here's the result. When you listen to it, all it the song really is is a narrative of going to the airport, loading his bags, and going through security, and it was a big hit.

And an old classic favorite of mine for the amazing harmonies, Suite: Judy Blue Eyes. Fantastic harmonies plus amazing guitar solo from Stephen Stills starting at about 4:40. About as good as it gets for an acoustic guitar solo.

forza orsi
RioRata said:

Good stuff Rio! A true old favorite of mine. When I was in high school in Sugar Land I dated a girl that lived 14 miles down Highway 6 from me in Fresno. Back in that era there was almost no development yet, and Highway 6 late at night was zero traffic whatsoever. You had a little driving freedom at that hour. This song was my sound track for most of a summer coming home at midnight or so at a way higher rate of speed than I should been going. The last minute & a half of the song always caused even more speed.
RioRata
We're getting the band back together:

Bone Squad
R.I.P., Matt Guitar Murphy.
deemus
Not a huge fan of this band in general, but their Youtube videos are pretty good.

RioRata
RioRata
RioRata
RioRata
Stranger
Happy Independence Day

With Ray Charles

I'm a Bearbacker
First Page Last Page
Page 22 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.