Post a song you like

312,524 Views | 3639 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by william
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fat Daddy said:

43 years ago today ... this song was sung at our wedding....
Hi Fat Daddy, Sending you best wishes !
Bexar Pitts
Guess I'm always gonna be a Stones/Jagger fan...
Bexar Pitts
These 2 were really great together..
slimecap
BellCountyBear
The entire new Foo Fighters album is really good!

deemus
slimecap said:

Never heard that version. Very nice.
Bexar Pitts
We've lost a legend..Man, did he do Hank proud with this one.RIP..
Stranger
I used to go to high school dances to see BJ & the Triumphs in places like East Bernard and Hillje. Always loved his music. Great memories.

One of my favorite BJ Thomas hits . . .

I'm a Bearbacker
Bexar Pitts
As happened to many top artists "in the day", the studio execs dressed this tune up a tad..but BJ really didn't need it..This one moved up quickly..Last one I'll put up.. :-)
forza orsi
Stranger said:

I used to go to high school dances to see BJ & the Triumphs in places like East Bernard and Hillje. Always loved his music. Great memories.

Same here. My American history teacher was one of the founders of the Triumphs and the lead singer when BJ left. I had his class while BJ was going through a rough phase and everyone was suing each other. I saw him at my 40th high school reunion and he said that they and BJ patched things up and they even performed together again. One of my favorite memories of high school memories is seeing them perform at Riverside Hall in East Bernard (1/2 hour from school) and Fairchild Hall. East Bernard used to get some pretty big names there. Went to see Ernest Tubb there too.
Bexar Pitts
I gave you a star just for goin' to see E.T. and the Texas Troubadours! Congrats on seeing both of them!
Bexar Pitts
forza orsi said:

Stranger said:

Same here. My American history teacher was one of the founders of the Triumphs and the lead singer when BJ left. I had his class while BJ was going through a rough phase and everyone was suing each other. I saw him at my 40th high school reunion and he said that they and BJ patched things up and they even performed together again. One of my favorite memories of high school memories is seeing them perform at Riverside Hall in East Bernard (1/2 hour from school) and Fairchild Hall. East Bernard used to get some pretty big names there. Went to see Ernest Tubb there too.
If I were a bettin' man, I'd take that both you and Stranger went to see this Houston area star..that happened to be a buddy of B.J. Thomas. :-) Forgot to mention his band, The Traits
forza orsi
Bexar Pitts said:

I gave you a star just for goin' to see E.T. and the Texas Troubadours! Congrats on seeing both of them!
BTW, the Triumph's had real staying power. They retired 4th of July last summer after performing in 8 different decades. BJ Thomas and Don Drachenberg joined the band in 1959.

Here's BJ and the band, 1961, along with Drachenberg.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/261068109626243874/

And the band playing in La Grange in 2020, with Drachenberg still hanging in there. (The cover photo at the top of the page.)
https://www.facebook.com/The-Triumphs-112258233997/
Bexar Pitts
forza orsi said:

Bexar Pitts said:

BTW, the Triumph's had real staying power. They retired 4th of July last summer after performing in 8 different decades. BJ Thomas and Don Drachenberg joined the band in 1959.

Here's BJ and the band, 1961, along with Drachenberg.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/261068109626243874/

And the band playing in La Grange in 2020, with Drachenberg still hanging in there. (The cover photo at the top of the page.)
https://www.facebook.com/The-Triumphs-112258233997/

That's awesome! Thanks so much for putting those up!
forza orsi
Bexar Pitts said:

forza orsi said:

Stranger said:

If I were a bettin' man, I'd take that both you and Stranger went to see this Houston area star..that happened to be a buddy of B.J. Thomas. :-) Forgot to mention his band, The Traits

Unfortunately I never got to see Roy live. There was a lot of good music to see back in that day though!
Stranger
Bexar Pitts said:

forza orsi said:

Stranger said:

actually I got to see a battle dance at Riverside Hall in East Bernard featuring Roy Head & the Traits on one stage and BJ & the Triumphs on the other. Roy would sing one, then BJ would sing one. The singers contrasted each other but both were great.
I'm a Bearbacker
LIB,MR BEARS
When there are too many good ones, you post the full album. I never knew Willie and Asleep At The Wheel did an album together.

Enjoy some old school Texas Swing amongst some old jazzy stuff.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n1HNVTsKTSEz3KV5d5VgvUughh47SZH94
Bexar Pitts
LIB,MR BEARS said:

When there are too many good ones, you post the full album. I never knew Willie and Asleep At The Wheel did an album together.

That's a big ole blue star for that one! Great stuff!
LIB,MR BEARS
Bexar Pitts said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

That's a big ole blue star for that one! Great stuff!
I couldn't sleep the other night and was browsing YouTube when I went down a rabbit hole and found Willie and the Wheel. While I was thoroughly entertained, the album didn't help me get to sleep at all. I think I've played it through about 3 times in the last 48 hours.
slimecap
LIB,MR BEARS said:

I couldn't sleep the other night ... the album didn't help me get to sleep at all.
Hi LIB,MR BEARS,
Here is one of my sleepy time favorites.
Instrumental version of "Overjoyed"

slimecap
More sleepy time ... "The Stone Circle"

william
Bexar Pitts
One last Memorial Weekend tune..This is an old Jack Greene tune that Ricky Van Shelton hits out of the park with nothin' but his voice, a live mic, a small stage band...and Lorrie, Porter, Larry, and Goober! Note BJ Thomas also in the group..
william
Fat Daddy
Happy birthday, Sir Paul....

deemus

Fat Daddy
Allman Brothers with Eric Clapton at the Beacon.... Stormy Monday

I need to go to the Beacon for a concert!

william
Bear8084
Bexar Pitts
william
Florda_mike
william said:

Is he still playing live shows?

Saw him at Caesar's(Vegas) a couple years back and his voice was still phenomenal
GoldMind
Florda_mike said:

william said:

Saw him at Caesar's(Vegas) a couple years back and his voice was still phenomenal

Crazy to listen to how it's changed over time.

Your song Elton is not Lion King Elton
MrGolfguy
?
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Fat Daddy
GoldMind said:

Florda_mike said:

william said:

Crazy to listen to how it's changed over time.

Your song Elton is not Lion King Elton

He sold out... his early stuff was so much better than "Don't Shoot Me..." and after!
First Page Last Page
Page 58 of 104

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.