Guess Family BBQ

1,012 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CorsicanaBear
VaeBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has Guess Family BBQ opened up their brick & mortar location yet or is still just a food truck?
PartyBear
No. There is a building with its signage all over it down town. But that is all that is there and has been there since the spring or earlier. Supposedly it opens in December.
VaeBear
Thanks for the info. I was wanting to try it out before a game this year but didn't want to have to deal with the crowds near the silos.
PartyBear
Yeah sounds like it is timed to open after the season.
Old300Bear
They are currently refurbishing the old Michna's place (Surf and Sirloin if you are a geezer) . No idea when they open.
Fred Barber
WacoKelly83
Surf and sirloin reminded me that I had once run across this odd, but somewhat cool, website. Interesting stuff about the past life of that place

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=48891&forum=2&6
Old300Bear
It was a really good restaurant.
Fred Barber
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Michna's wasn't bad and likely was the best BBQ in Waco for a bit. Did the family just tire and sell off?
Ludwig von Missi
I'm so ready for Guess to get into the old Michna's spot...a little bit farther away from the Magnolia madness is a good thing.
Gunny Hartman
WacoKelly83 said:

Surf and sirloin reminded me that I had once run across this odd, but somewhat cool, website. Interesting stuff about the past life of that place

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=48891&forum=2&6

Maaan, Surf and Sirloin is where my parents took me pretty much every time we came to Waco for any Baylor game or event. I'll never forget, I always ordered the flounder (?) almondine. Great food and great memories eating there. Thanks for the link; it's fascinating.

I assume that was the same George behind George's?
CorsicanaBear
Not the same George's.
Illigitimus non carborundum
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.