Hopp Doddy's is Coming to Waco at Legend's Crossing

1,413 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by IASIP Rocks
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have eaten at one in Dallas and one in Round Rock. It is a great burger place! Never heard of it until 2 years ago actually. I'm glad to see them coming to Waco.
No Longer Gold
Waco already has at least half a dozen burger joints that are better.

Its the new $12 with thick patty, and dense bun type joint.

A burger is meant to be of the 2 thin patties, 2 slices of cheese variety.

Give me a Dubl-R, Kitok, Cupps, Christi's, Dave's, as well as others burger over Doddy's, any day.

Waco it an underrated burger destination.
FranchiseBear
I tend to agree with DubDub - Hopdoddy is just ok after eating at least 3-4x in Austin and Houston. In the new wave of national, higher end burger chains I think Shake Shack is a MUCH better burger.
J.R.
I like the Hop Doddy's concept, I like their menu, but the straight up cheeseburger is just ok. Not great, not bad. Fries are indeed really good as is the Chipotle Ketchup. The Ahi Tuna burger is really good. I live in Dallas and there are at least 20 better burger options. Additionally, I'm getting really irritated by the "new normal" $15 burger. A quality burger should be no more than $9 IMO
PartyBear
I agree about the pricing of burgers these days. Twisted Root has a really good burger. There are several other chains, not fast food, that I think are good. Walk On's and BJ's have a good burger as well.

For a good little fast food type burger, Hat Creek that just opened out by Woodway is good. It probably isnt fair to call it fast food. They sell alcohol etc there but is set up for ordering like a fast food place--but so is Hop Doddy's and Twisted Root for that matter. But the atmosphere at Hat Creek is more fast food like. It started as a food truck in Austin and went Brick and Mortar there and now expanded into Waco.
No Longer Gold
PartyBear said:

I agree about the pricing of burgers these days. Twisted Root has a really good burger. There are several other chains, not fast food, that I think are good. Walk On's and BJ's have a good burger as well.

For a good little fast food type burger, Hat Creek that just opened out by Woodway is good. It probably isnt fair to call it fast food. They sell alcohol etc there but is set up for ordering like a fast food place--but so is Hop Doddy's and Twisted Root for that matter. But the atmosphere at Hat Creek is more fast food like. It started as a food truck in Austin and went Brick and Mortar there and now expanded into Waco.
This post makes me sad for our future. As does the one above it by JR.
Lund Vernquist
J.R. said:

I like the Hop Doddy's concept, I like their menu, but the straight up cheeseburger is just ok. Not great, not bad. Fries are indeed really good as is the Chipotle Ketchup. The Ahi Tuna burger is really good. I live in Dallas and there are at least 20 better burger options. Additionally, I'm getting really irritated by the "new normal" $15 burger. A quality burger should be no more than $9 IMO
Agreed. What are your local favorites for $10 or less? Mine are Off-site Kitchen and Mesero.
J.R.
Lund Vernquist said:

J.R. said:

Agreed. What are your local favorites for $10 or less? Mine are Off-site Kitchen and Mesero.
Off Site Kitchen wins best bang for the buck, period! Maple and Motor for best old school burger.(tots are amazing). Like Angry Dog too. I like Katy Trail Ice House Burger, too. If you like Mesero, which I do, try Hudson House ($5 at happy hour with $5 martini's and $1 east coast oysters)
No Longer Gold
I agree with off-site kitchen. Its no Rose's or Club Schmitz, but it is very good. My current favorite in town as well.

Their chicken sandwich is also great.

I like masero, been there many times, but never tried the burger, will have to do that next time.

Another random place for a very good burger is Taco Diner.
J.R.
DubDub said:

I agree with off-site kitchen. Its no Rose's or Club Schmitz, but it is very good. My current favorite in town as well.

Their chicken sandwich is also great.

I like masero, been there many times, but never tried the burger, will have to do that next time.

Another random place for a very good burger is Taco Diner.
agreed on Taco diner
Lund Vernquist
Yeah, Taco Diner is from the same family tree as Mesero (Mico Rodriguez). The burger is very similar and also excellent.

I tried the cheeseburger at Zoli's the other day. It breaches the $10 mark ($15) but it was outstanding.
J.R.
Lund Vernquist said:

Yeah, Taco Diner is from the same family tree as Mesero (Mico Rodriguez). The burger is very similar and also excellent.

I tried the cheeseburger at Zoli's the other day. It breaches the $10 mark ($15) but it was outstanding.
wow. Didn't know they had a burger. Hard for me to get past the pizza...yum. will try.
CorsicanaBear
Had heard Hop Doddy was coming to Legends Crossing but haven't seen any construction over there that might be them. Are they still coming?

I ate at one in Houston (Rice Village) and enjoyed the burger. I prefer the thick pattie/dense bun style cooked rare, the fries were great and the selection of craft beers was pretty dang good.

DoublR is pretty good, Kitok's is only on the map because of the Asian fries, Captain Billy's is ok too. I cant get really excited about going to those places because I'm not really sure how they pass the health inspection. Not really a fan of dives. Plus no beer.
Illigitimus non carborundum
IASIP Rocks
Oh good. If there's one thing Waco needs it's another burger place.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.