Homemade Ice Cream recipes !!!

2,336 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mtbmarc
juliediane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Going to be having a family gathering next weekend and there's a little challenge for the best homemade ice cream. Has anyone got some home-run hits for your best recipes? Would love some help! Thanks!!! Cleaning Spray Bottles

Stemperford
juliediane said:

Going to be having a family gathering next weekend and there's a little challenge for the best homemade ice cream. Has anyone got some home-run hits for your best recipes? Would love some help! Thanks!!!

You can check it on YouTube for your preference.
TechDawgMc
juliediane said:

Going to be having a family gathering next weekend and there's a little challenge for the best homemade ice cream. Has anyone got some home-run hits for your best recipes? Would love some help! Thanks!!!

Basic 4 quart vanilla recipe

3 eggs (I use egg beaters now to reduce risk)
2 cans evaporated milk
1 qt whole milk
2 cups sugar
a touch of salt
1 tsp vanilla

Basically mix and churn. I usually do the eggs, canned milk and sugar first to get the sugar to mix in well.

You can add fresh fruit if you want a variation like strawberry or peach.

Best vanilla recipe I've ever tried -- and I've tried a lot.
4th and Inches
Ingredients
2-1/4 cups heavy cream
1 cup raw and/or whole milk
1/2 to 3/4 cup maple syrup to your taste
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

No eggs in ours
J.R.
Any and everything in the Jenni's ice cream cookbook.
Stemperford
Prearknot said:

My favorite recipe is banana ice cream !!

The easiest recipe:
you only need ice cream

To make ice cream, you need very ripe bananas.
  • Cut them into small pieces.
Place the sliced banana in an airtight container. Cover with a lid and place it in your refrigerator's freezer or freezer.
  • Leave the container in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Bananas should freeze into a "stone", so if you have the patience and time, leave them in the refrigerator overnight.
  • Punch the banana slices in a blender.
Transfer the banana ice to the bowl of a food processor or high-power high-speed blender. Turn on the device in pulsation mode, breaking the ice into small pieces.
  • Continue crushing the bananas.
Continue crumbling bananas in ripple mode. They will begin to crumble and break into smaller pieces. Some of which will stick to the side of the combine. Open the food processor and scrape off any adhering pieces with a spatula.
As the ripple continues, the bananas will become smaller and more sticky. Switch the instrument to mixing mode and continue working. The mixture will become more and more like poorly ground, disheveled fruit puree.
  • Continue grinding. The bananas will look like oatmeal. The mixture will become more plastic, but small pieces will still come across in it. Clean them from the walls periodically with a spatula.
Peel banana slices from the side of the food processor
And finally, the moment comes when the last grains break imperceptibly. The mixture acquires the consistency of a plastic cream, becomes similar to soft ice cream. Continue to beat it for a few more seconds to introduce air into it, aerate a little.
If you want to add other ingredients such as honey or chocolate chips, now is the time to do so.
  • Transfer the resulting ice cream to an airtight container and place it in the freezer. Let it cool down a little and become harder, harder.
You can of course skip this step and eat it right there. But the ice cream will be too soft. You waited 2 hours for the bananas to freeze, I think you should have the patience to wait another 20-30 minutes.

Bon Appetit!
Banana ice cream is a healthy alternative with less sugar and more fiber than classic dairy ice cream. It's one of my favorites too.
SSadler
Not one of the classics, but if yoiu're looking for a novelty taste . . .

Find whatever vanilla recipe you like (mine is traditional with eggs and skim milk) and when filling up the canister with whole milk, DON'T.

After the ingredients are well mixed, fill the canister to the marked level line with BIG RED soda instead of whole milk.

It's a fun thing to add into a summer party--has kinda a sherbert look, and a vanilla base taste, but the BIG RED flavor is the most obvious taste.

I"m not sure how or who first thought of "Big Red Homemade Ice Cream". I first tasted it in the early 1960s at my aunt's house.

Good stuff, Maynard.
TechDawgMc
SSadler said:

Not one of the classics, but if yoiu're looking for a novelty taste . . .

Find whatever vanilla recipe you like (mine is traditional with eggs and skim milk) and when filling up the canister with whole milk, DON'T.

After the ingredients are well mixed, fill the canister to the marked level line with BIG RED soda instead of whole milk.

It's a fun thing to add into a summer party--has kinda a sherbert look, and a vanilla base taste, but the BIG RED flavor is the most obvious taste.

I"m not sure how or who first thought of "Big Red Homemade Ice Cream". I first tasted it in the early 1960s at my aunt's house.

Good stuff, Maynard.
We used to do a variation of that. Basically two cans of Eagle Brand and a 2 liter of whatever drink you wanted. Root Beer, DP, Mountain Dew, Big Red, etc. Has a sherbet feel or a float feel. Not my favorite ice cream (see above) but a nice change of pace
mtbmarc
My sister makes Big Red ice cream. Love it!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.