Football
Sponsored by

B12 Board

9,541 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by MrGolfguy
BraveKnight
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey Bears, UCF fan here, can't wait to join you guys in the B12. Hopefully I can go to Waco for a game sometime (basketball or football). I think it's going to be a really fun conference.

Anyways, I couldn't find a really good board for B12 fans to come together and talk, so I came here to let you guys know about a B12 board on the same site as a lot of other boards, CSNBBS. It's not mine and I'm not trying to advertise, but create a fun place for B12 fans to come together and talk about all things B12. If we could get a few more posters from each team, we could really make something fun.

Also, great win over Ole Miss, I was definitely rooting for you guys. Wasn't able to make the 2014 Fiesta Bowl, but that was a fun game between our programs too.

Here's the link:
https://csnbbs.com/forum-188.html
PartyBear
Great to hear from you. I have been rooting for all 4 of you new guys this season.
Alf
BraveKnight said:

Wasn't able to make the 2014 Fiesta Bowl, but that was a fun game between our programs too.

Here's the link:

No it wasn't
bear2be2
PartyBear said:

Great to hear from you. I have been rooting for all 4 of you new guys this season.
Same here.

Welcome. I'm super pumped about the "new" Big 12.
BraveKnight
PartyBear said:

Thanks! I've been rooting for all the B12 schools except Texas and OU this year as well!
BraveKnight
Alf said:

BraveKnight said:

Wasn't able to make the 2014 Fiesta Bowl, but that was a fun game between our programs too.

Here's the link:

No it wasn't

True, probably more fun for UCF fans hahahaha, that was our first big bowl win.
BraveKnight
bear2be2 said:

PartyBear said:

Same here.

Me too! I think there will be lots of parity in football, and the basketball is going to be insane too.
bear2be2
BraveKnight said:

PartyBear said:

Thanks! I've been rooting for all the B12 schools except Texas and OU this year as well!
We're going to get along just fine. Haha.

I love that the four new schools hate OU and UT just as much as the holdovers, even though it was their decision to leave that finally opened the door for expansion.

The irony, of course, is that this league could have expanded and been better off for it while they were here, but those two (especially Texas) never cared about the long-term health of the Big 12.
bear2be2
BraveKnight said:

bear2be2 said:

PartyBear said:

Same here.

Me too! I think there will be lots of parity in football, and the basketball is going to be insane too.
The basketball in this league is something else. It's a battle every single night. But national pundits have finally come around to realizing just how good the league is, so even the teams with mediocre conference records get the respect they deserve for the most part.
Jacques Strap
BraveKnight said:

PartyBear said:

Same here. +1
bear2be2
I registered on that site. Do you know how long does it typically takes to have your account activated and be allowed to post?
Johnny Bear
Looking forward to the new rivalries that will develop in the "new" Big 12. Congrats on the big win over Florida. I was rooting for the "newbies" all football season - except for BYU when we played them in Waco.
historian
bear2be2 said:

BraveKnight said:

bear2be2 said:

PartyBear said:

Same here.

The basketball in this league is something else. It's a battle every single night. But national pundits have finally come around to realizing just how good the league is, so even the teams with mediocre conference records get the respect they deserve for the most part.

I think part of the reason for that is even the worst MBB teams in the Big 12 have an winning record overall. I don't know if any other conference can say that.
bossbowman
Alf said:

BraveKnight said:

Here's the link:

No it wasn't
It really wasn't
REvansBU71
I use The Score app quite a bit, and already dropped 2 schools from my favorites, and added 4 new ones.

Been rooting for the new ones all season!
Any Trump

“And if you do-oo.....” - Lt. Hauk
BraveKnight
bear2be2 said:

I registered on that site. Do you know how long does it typically takes to have your account activated and be allowed to post?

Usually a few days (the owner of the site does the registrations by hand), but I've been nagging at him to get you guys and the other B12 fans registered faster hahahah. Keep me updated on your account status, and I'll see what I can do!
BraveKnight
bear2be2 said:

BraveKnight said:

PartyBear said:

We're going to get along just fine. Haha.

I love that the four new schools hate OU and UT just as much as the holdovers, even though it was their decision to leave that finally opened the door for expansion.

The irony, of course, is that this league could have expanded and been better off for it while they were here, but those two (especially Texas) never cared about the long-term health of the Big 12.

Agreed, I think this process could've happened in 2016 to get the new members acquainted with P5 ball, but it is what it is, better late than never. Excited to play you guys in 2023 and will definitely be following y'all this year too!
BraveKnight
bear2be2 said:

BraveKnight said:

bear2be2 said:

PartyBear said:

Same here.

Yes, I'm excited, even though I'm sure UCF will be a doormat for a few years. Our basketball program is trending up, but has absolutely no history compared to every other school, even TCU. Hosting the B12 teams like y'all and Kansas should definitely help our program get more investments, but it'll take time.
Surf Oso
BraveKnight said:

PartyBear said:

Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap airfare
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere
I'm close to bodily harm
historian
I enjoyed the UCF v Louisville game, until the end. I followed them all season & cheered for them in most games. Same for Houston, Cincy & BYU. I was pulling more for Cincy as the season progressed & they were winning their way into the fake playoffs (aka ESPN Blue Blood Invitational).
BraveKnight
Hey Bears, I got the owner to approve all your accounts, so you can post now!
bear2be2
BraveKnight said:

Awesome, thanks.
BraveKnight
bear2be2 said:

BraveKnight said:

Awesome, thanks.

Yup, activity starting to ramp up already!
RegentCoverup
BraveKnight said:

PartyBear said:

'Merica.

Show this man to the margarita tray.
BraveKnight
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

BraveKnight said:

PartyBear said:

'Merica.

Screw TCU too! (Does that win me more points with y'all?)
RegentCoverup
BraveKnight said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

BraveKnight said:

PartyBear said:

'Merica.

well yeah!
McCavebear
BraveKnight said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

BraveKnight said:

PartyBear said:

'Merica.

. Why, yes it does!!!
McCavebear Lives!
BraveKnight
I got a question for y'all, when is your new arena supposed to open?
historian
2024 I think
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BraveKnight
historian said:

2024 I think

Sounds good, I'd love to come see it myself, is it close to the football stadium?
MrGolfguy
BraveKnight said:

historian said:

2024 I think

Sounds good, I'd love to come see it myself, is it close to the football stadium?
Just right down the river
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
historian
Catty corner
Diagonally across the river & across IH 35.
Next to the tower & along the river.
BraveKnight
historian said:

Catty corner
Diagonally across the river & across IH 35.
Next to the tower & along the river.

Cool, I'll have to check it out. Also, do you guys have an indoor practice facility for football?
historian
Yes but it's closed to the public
BraveKnight
historian said:

Yes but it's close to the public

Ah, that's unfortunate. Is it new?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.