Football
Sponsored by

Bohanon in the Transfer Portal

16,333 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by gohogs14
TeamPlayer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
John Hawk said:

TeamPlayer said:

I'm just going by what I've seen the kid do, and what our other players have done. Granted, the QB position has increased in significance over the past 50 years, and we've sucked more than our fair share of years, but I've got:

Carlson
RG3
Petty
Russell

Then GB fits into a group with a bunch of other decently productive guys. There's also a group of guys that were nowhere near as good as GB.

From sports-reference.com the top 11 Baylor career QBRs for QBs with greater than 100 passes.

Florence should always have a special place in the heart of BU fans. I believe he burned his redshirt twice and his 2nd half of the 2011 Tech game and the last 4 games of 2012 set the table for back to back conference titles. We were playing like a top 10 team at the end of 2012.

We owe that guy so much - - it's awesome to see him working for Baylor Athletics.
Jorkel
Can you burn a redshirt twice?
Married A Horn
Sure. When burned, u can try again the next year...and then burn again.
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
Jorkel
Married A Horn said:

This was pre 4 game appearance redshirt. I'm pretty sure he only had 1 redshirt year and he used it up and essentially lost a year the last game of the year or whatever.
TeamPlayer
Jorkel said:

Married A Horn said:

This was pre 4 game appearance redshirt. I'm pretty sure he only had 1 redshirt year and he used it up and essentially lost a year the last game of the year or whatever.
Yeah, he burned it in 2009 when RG3 got hurt and burned it again in 2011 by playing 1 half vs. Tech. But man what a half . . . .
Jorkel
TeamPlayer said:

Jorkel said:

Married A Horn said:

Yeah, he burned it in 2009 when RG3 got hurt and burned it again in 2011 by playing 1 half vs. Tech. But man what a half . . . .

Oh idk what I was thinking I get it now lol.
Russell Gym
Probably because the term "burn" usually means to use up. But in reference to a redshirt year, it means the opposite. You only use up your one redshirt year when you don't burn it. Confusing terminology.
gohogs14
RMF5630 said:

PartyBear said:

Perhaps home to Arkansas under K Briles?

Briles? No way, Briles throws a ton.

He needs to go to a run 70% of the time place with a very good D. Maybe another D minded coach that doesn't mind limited touches and plays for field position.

Hate to see him leave and end up sitting there....
Arkansas actually led the SEC in rushing last season and should have one of the better P5 rushing attacks next season.

He obviously wanted to go to a place where he had a decent shot of starting though, think he ended up at a good spot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.