Football
Sponsored by

WR Tyquan Thornton FILM REVIEW | Evan Lazar Film Room

1,769 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by xzmooel
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
canoso
Really fine, detailed analysis. What jumps out at me is how often he had to catch balls outside of his frame or at least not in stride. How many more TDs and yards would he have racked up with more accurate throwing?

Our fine QB and WR coaches saw that. Blake Shapen in 2022/23, anyone?
Enenimms
canoso said:

Really fine, detailed analysis. What jumps out at me is how often he had to catch balls outside of his frame or at least not in stride. How many more TDs and yards would he have racked up with more accurate throwing?

Agreed, detailed analysis that puts a spotlight on the QB shortcomings last year. Most deep balls were under or over thrown and also off the route path, which required Drew and Ty to adjust outside of their frame to make catches.

It's clear to me the coaches want a more dynamic offense that stretches the field more consistently. Shapen gives them that… GB is wonderful, but strengths are around game manager, dual threat.
Mr Tulip
A lot of those single coverages were the result of the safeties charging downhill to meet Abram Smith in the hole. When that happened, The receivers simply bent the route opposite of their single coverage (if the DB is playing the streak or sideline, bend to the middle. If he's working inside, take him out). The QB waits for that single to develop, then throws the ball appropriately (which should have been better, as discussed - too many of those catches were contested when they didn't need to be).

Grimes designed his offense based on easy reads created by Smith constantly punishing defenses for 4-5 yards. The OL's job was just to walk with the defenders until he picked his lane. I hope it's obvious that this will have to be different next season. I'm trusting Grimes has something else in mind, and that Shapen's the guy to do it.
Jorkel
canoso said:

1500 yards and 18 tds
MitchelJackson
Very interesting and detailed review; thanks! To be honest, before watching a film, I usually read different reviews to understand whether it's worth watching. And you know, I've not seen films I didn't like lately! But when some time ago, I received a task to write such a review myself; it was a pretty complicated task for me. But I google and found different valuable resources like this one with different film review essays, which showed me how to write them correctly and which structure I should follow. Now I can write reviews for other people myself because I enjoyed that process a lot.
Fre3dombear
canoso said:

Interesting
dstaylor57
really shows how much we miss Tyquan at WR. We have no one at his level.
xzmooel
It sounds like you're talking about football strategy, which includes offensive and defensive plays, especially in regards to coverages, routes, and the quarterback's decision making process. It sounds like you are analysing the approach to a specific play or a specific team. If you have any specific questions or want to go deeper into this topic, feel free to ask. Also the brain needs a rest sometimes, for example I sometimes go to https://sirrodney.com/ sometimes to chat with beautiful girls who can fulfil any fantasy. Whether it is about college or professional football, I will be happy to provide you with more information.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.