Story Poster
Baylor Football Recruiting

BREAKING: Baylor lands pledge from '23 ATH Dawson Pendergrass

May 12, 2022

Mineola (TX) High School athlete Dawson Pendergrass‍ (6-3, 215) gave his verbal pledge to Dave Aranda and Eric Mateos on Thursday afternoon becoming Baylor’s 10th commitment of the 2023 recruiting class. The high school running back committed to Baylor over Arkansas, Texas Tech, Indiana and others. 

2023 BAYLOR FOOTBALL COMMITMENT LIST

As a junior last fall, Pendergrass rushed for 1,987 yards and 25 touchdowns on 198 carries while catching 17 passes for 357 yards and four touchdowns. In his three-year high school career Pendergrass has rushed for 4,230 yards and 50 touchdowns. 

Discussion from...

BREAKING: Baylor lands pledge from '23 ATH Dawson Pendergrass

8,885 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by yohanan.hades
Shakesbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kid has some jets Welcome aboard!!!
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
hodedofome
This looks like Seth Russell as a RB.

Can he be taught to play QB?
Married A Horn
He doesnt look fast...he just out-ran every one of those angles.

Deceptive speed galore!!
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
Married A Horn
Rivals: 3* 5.5
247: unrated
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
dstaylor57
an all around athlete. has good vision, decent speed. May need the sorting hat to figure out where to play him in college.
BearlyBeloved
dstaylor57 said:

an all around athlete. has good vision, decent speed. May need the sorting hat to figure out where to play him in college.

His outrunning pursuers impressed me also.

I'm glad he wasn't assigned to play for Slytherin.

chorne68
He looks like a linebacker to me. That young at that size and speed.
PawpaBear
dstaylor57 said:

It will be interesting to see which side of the ball he plays!
EasyE
dstaylor57 said:

That was what I was thinking watching the video. Concerned he will have rhe same issue Blake Lynxh experienced finding the best position, similar frame and not very twitchy, thinking LB or TE/H-back type role would be best bet.
Dia del DougO
He looks slippery, kind of a crazy legs type thing going on. Looks to have great instincts for working space and angles.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
vanillabryce
Ready for the Christian McCaffery comparisons
prboren64
Question is could he even better in a Jalen Pitre STAR position? As a defensive player this kid is PRO all the way. As a running back the excitement in the NFL is no longer really there, not to mention longevity.
Russell Gym
Understands angles
drahthaar
dstaylor57 said:

I keep thinking of Randy Hughes at safety (OU and Cowboys)...6'4" 210 lbs.

Having trouble seeing this guy at RB due to his upright running style but others have done it. Still don't see him running in traffic like Abram does, which I understand is what Grimes was looking for. he does, however, have a great sense of space and really fluid moves. I'd take a look at WR for him if he's wanted on O.
Married A Horn
Wonder what the kid wants to play.
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
yohanan.hades
This looks like Seth Russell as a RB.

Speed Test
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.