Football
Sponsored by

Best Percent Capacity In 2021

2,539 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Chamberman
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
BearlyBeloved
Of course, Tarleton State's stadium only holds 15,000. So 102% means an extra 300 people.

Redbrickbear
ut inflating those numbers.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Redbrickbear said:

ut inflating those numbers.

Kansas fans bought up the place with the chance for a win on the line.
bear2be2
That graphic highlights why SMU will never again play in a major conference. They had one of their better teams and couldn't even average 75 percent attendance in a stadium that seats 32,000. Pathetic fan support.
boykin_spaniel
Yet they beat future Big 12 member Houston and I don't think their stadium is much bigger.
BearlyBeloved
bear2be2 said:

That graphic highlights why SMU will never again play in a major conference. They had one of their better teams and couldn't even average 75 percent attendance in a stadium that seats 32,000. Pathetic fan support.
But 72% is certainly good for UTSA, since they play in the Alamodome for home games.

Jorkel
bear2be2 said:

I don't even see houston on the list
historian
That explains one game. What about the others? It wasn't Sooners or Bears.
historian
BearlyBeloved said:

bear2be2 said:

But 72% is certainly good for UTSA, since they play in the Alamodome for home games.

Good point. It helps them that it's centrally located in a large city & that weather isn't an issue except for traveling to & from the games.
bear2be2
Jorkel said:

bear2be2 said:

Houston's fan support sucks, too. But they averaged over 25,000 fans at their five true home games last year, which is a larger number than SMU could likely ever pull off.

And while the gap in living alumni is certainly large between those two, at the end of the day, more butts in seats equals more revenue.

Houston also has some potential for growth. SMU is at its post-death penalty sports zenith and it still can't draw flies to football or basketball games.
Big12Bear
bear2be2 said:

Jorkel said:

bear2be2 said:

Houston's fan support sucks, too. But they averaged over 25,000 fans at their five true home games last year, which is a larger number than SMU could likely ever pull off.

And while the gap in living alumni is certainly large between those two, at the end of the day, more butts in seats equals more revenue.

Houston also has some potential for growth. SMU is at its post-death penalty sports zenith and it still can't draw flies to football or basketball games.
SMU sold out almost the entire season for a bit there under Larry Brown. Stubhub tickets going for well over $100.back then. Now that they suck again, you won't see a full building, but when they win in hoops, Moody is filled.

SMU averaged 23,171 last year - not far from the UH figure at all. However, both pitiful for having pretty good teams last year though. I agree that UH has more upside.
bear2be2
Big12Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

Jorkel said:

bear2be2 said:

SMU sold out almost the entire season for a bit there under Larry Brown. Stubhub tickets going for well over $100.back then. Now that they suck again, you won't see a full building, but when they win in hoops, Moody is filled.

SMU averaged 23,171 last year - not far from the UH figure at all. However, both pitiful for having pretty good teams last year though. I agree that UH has more upside.
SMU doesn't suck. They won 24 or more games in four of the seven seasons Jankovich finished there. Outside of the few years Larry Brown lasted before following his predictable/familiar pattern of cheating and leaving early, it doesn't get any better than that for SMU men's basketball.

That's what I'm talking about. This is the most successful that program has been in a really, really long time. They're a bubble team or better most years. And they still won't show up to support their team and try to help push it over the edge. Their fans are trash.
historian
bear2be2 said:

Jorkel said:

bear2be2 said:

Doesn't bode well for a future Big 12 member.
bear2be2
historian said:

bear2be2 said:

Jorkel said:

bear2be2 said:

Doesn't bode well for a future Big 12 member.
I would imagine their support, like TCU's, will increase some in the Big 12, especially if they're competitive. And there's little reason to think they won't be.
historian
Good point. They have been pretty competitive where they are now. I enjoyed watching them beat FSU in the bowl game a few years ago! Ditto with Louisville, Oklahoma, Arizona (twice), & Auburn.
atomicblast
historian said:

BearlyBeloved said:

bear2be2 said:

Good point. It helps them that it's centrally located in a large city & that weather isn't an issue except for traveling to & from the games.
I go to their games. They average mid 30ks crowds which is phenomenal for a program as young as theirs. Add the fact that the city has no NFL team and they could really corner the market here. If a NFL team goes to Austin instead of San Antonio it would kneecap the Longhorns to lose the market around these parts.
bear2be2
atomicblast said:

historian said:

BearlyBeloved said:

bear2be2 said:

I go to their games. They average mid 30ks crowds which is phenomenal for a program as young as theirs. Add the fact that the city has no NFL team and they could really corner the market here. If a NFL team goes to Austin instead of San Antonio it would kneecap the Longhorns to lose the market around these parts.
San Antonio does a great job of supporting its hometown teams, and UTSA has done a great job of making itself a hometown team.

I really think that program's a sleeping giant, similar to what UCF was before its recent rise.
atomicblast
bear2be2 said:

atomicblast said:

historian said:

BearlyBeloved said:

bear2be2 said:

San Antonio does a great job of supporting its hometown teams, and UTSA has done a great job of making itself a hometown team.

I really think that program's a sleeping giant, similar to what UCF was before its recent rise.
I think so too. The city literally has no professional sports presence besides the spurs in the town. Add to the fact that UTSA wants to up the student population to 45k in the mid 2030s and you can really have something here.
TheBearableVariabl3
For a 99 percent capacity I sure wish we could fill seats in a lot better for TV. Place always looks empty because the freshman line is too squished in and the third deck always has tons of deserted areas even in the biggest games of the season.
Big12Bear
TheBearableVariabl3 said:

For a 99 percent capacity I sure wish we could fill seats in a lot better for TV. Place always looks empty because the freshman line is too squished in and the third deck always has tons of deserted areas even in the biggest games of the season.
The number is a tad deceiving because we had a few games where we were over our official capacity and sold a ton of the berm seats.

Baylor Line seating had better be remedied this fall. No excuse for that embarrassing seating mess to continue.
historian
We've had some games in which the whole stadium looked packed. 61-58 comes to mind, as do the last 2 OU games. I believe Baylor announced last year that the OU game was a record for largest crowd at McLane.
boykin_spaniel
When it isn't an 11am kickoff in September the student section does well. They cram into the shade when it's 100 degrees and they're baking in the sun. Upper deck is probably similar.
The night games look best because everyone is in a proper seat and comfortable.
JumboShrimper
The '19 OU game has the record i believe.
Waco1947
BearlyBeloved said:

Of course, Tarleton State's stadium only holds 15,000. So 102% means an extra 300 people.

In a town of 20,000. Those are great numbers
Waco1947
historian
I think you are correct. The attendance record this year was MBB at the Ferrell Center for the Kansas game. Both featured CGD.
JumboShrimper
What an awesome first half that game a few years back was. Then it all went to crap. The loudest I've heard McLane since the 4th quarter of the Tcu comeback in '14.
historian
Agreed.

That was really loud! I was fortunate to be in the student section so I didn't hear the OU band every time they played that stupid song!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
TheBearableVariabl3
Just wish we could fill in the seats a little better for tv beyond only the biggest games.
Chamberman
That's gotta be tickets sold, not butts in the seats. Aggie had huge empty swaths of seats at every game but Bama.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.