Football
Sponsored by

Notable non conf games

2,720 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by historian
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gobears20 said:

Could the Baylor and BYU game be a top ten game?

Theoretically yes, if BYU moves up significantly in the rankings by then. More realistically, no because BYU will probably not break the top 15. They play USF In week 1 & us in week 2. If we could switch with their week 3 game: they play at Oregon after us. If somehow they were ranked in the mid teens after week 1 & then had a dominant road win they would be more likely to get to 10. But that won't happen because the schedule isn't changing.

At least they will be ranked and it still will be a quality win for us, assuming we do win in Provo.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
IowaBear
To put it into perspective Vandy has 5 seasons of at least 5 wins the last decade. KU zero. They're in a league all by themselves as far as dog crap p5 football programs. There's bad ones yes but nothing close to that putrid program
historian
That is true. I did say bottom half, not bottom 5%.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
tomiathon
vanillabryce said:

Must be a crappy slate of games if Iowa State v Iowa made the cut

That's the only one of the 6 I think is likely not to be a blowout.

ETA: Utah might not get a blowout since they're on the road, but I wouldn't be surprised, either. And Georgia's replacing their entire defense and going up against their former DC, so I guess that one could be competitive too, but I don't exactly expect it to be.
jumpinjoe
IowaBear said:

No lol just no. I know there's a deep hatred for anything aggy . But KU over the last decade has been thee worst P5 team by a mile. That program is just dog crap. AM is at least respectable as a football program

AM could win a national championship, but you will never ever find me calling them respectable.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
historian
It's possible for the Aggies to win a natty but very unlikely. As I see it, the Aggies won't even have a chance to win their division much less the conference championship or a semifinal. They won't even get there without an expanded playoff.

Hypothetically, even if they beat Bamawhich they have done twice since joining the SECthey will not also beat Auburn, LSU, & both Mississippi teams that same year. If they win all those, they'd lose to Arkansas or SC! They would have to win all of those just to win the west. If by some amazing circumstance all that happened, they would probably lose to the East champion. In this bizarre, almost impossible scenario that would prob be Missouri or Kentucky!

The odds are so tiny that calculating them would be a silly waste of time.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.