Football
Sponsored by

Best BBQ in each college football town

3,070 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Moonster
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
True Grit
I like Guess, but I am pretty partial to Vitek's. I saw that a Terry Black's is coming to Waco. Helberg is really good too, but I know its address isn't Waco.

Long live Jasper's! I love the gravy.
parch
I prefer Vitek's, but not because the BBQ itself is better - they just do more interesting things with it. If you just line up the meat side by side, I'd say Guess is better.
cbcbear
What is Guess? Is that another magnolia thing?
CBC '95
bear2be2
I'm a Vitek's guy, but I've never been to Guess.
Russell Gym
Smokey John's in Dallas.
T-REX
cbcbear said:

What is Guess? Is that another magnolia thing?
no. it started as a food truck and is now occupying the old Micnas or however it was spelled building. not associated with magnolia at all and has been in waco for a few years as a physical location. They have been listed in numerous bbq showcase articles. ive only ate there once as i dont live in waco but i enjoyed it
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Russell Gym
Michna's
Blue&SilverBear
Russell Gym said:

Smokey John's in Dallas.

I like Smokey John's, but it doesn't hold a candle to Cattleack.
Sink Navy - Sic 'em Bears
Russell Gym
Blue&SilverBear said:

Russell Gym said:

Smokey John's in Dallas.

Agree to disagree
muddybrazos
Blue&SilverBear said:

Russell Gym said:

Smokey John's in Dallas.

I'm not familiar with Smokey Johns but I used to work down the street from Cattleack and it's some of the best bbq ive ever had.
CorsicanaBear
Guess != Magnolia. Guess == Milo's All Day.

It has become too "precious" for me. I prefer a more down to earth place.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Blue&SilverBear said:

Russell Gym said:

Smokey John's in Dallas.

Correct
Stefano DiMera
Smokey John's was just featured on Today Show last week. Proprietors are two brothers who went to my high school.

Used to work across street from Cattelack 2 years ago pre pandemic. Since I work from home now haven't made it back.
DanaDane
Guess is good, not great. Really no great BBQ places in Waco.
Dia del DougO
Vitek's barbecue is crap. It's just fact.

Hellberg is probably the correct answer, unless it doesn't count as Waco, but I haven't been there yet. Guess was just pretty good. Best barbecue I've had in Waco was from a truck on the side of the road years ago run by some old guy and his wife next to a car wash or something. Can't remember exactly where. Damn good ribs.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Oso del lago
UMHB is the Champion with Miller's
Oso del lago
Dia del DougO said:

Hellberg is probably the correct answer, unless it doesn't count as Waco, but I haven't been there yet. Guess was just pretty good. Best barbecue I've had in Waco was from a truck on the side of the road years ago run by some old guy and his wife next to a car wash or something. Can't remember exactly where. Damn good ribs.

You from Texas? Serious question
Dia del DougO
Big-O!-Bear said:

Dia del DougO said:

This is what Vitek's was trying to call barbecue. Those ribs should have mandated jail time for anyone in Texas that produces something that fraudulent and selling it as barbecue. I wouldn't even give those bones to a dog. That "brisket" could be used to re-sole shoes.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
BBWCBear
No question there are better places than others, but short of just ONE place, I never met a BBQ plate I didn't like... ever!
Moonster
Dia del DougO said:

Big-O!-Bear said:

Dia del DougO said:

This is what Vitek's was trying to call barbecue. Those ribs should have mandated jail time for anyone in Texas that produces something that fraudulent and selling it as barbecue. I wouldn't even give those bones to a dog. That "brisket" could be used to re-sole shoes.

Those pictures make a pretty strong case for your point… (slight bbq joke there)
Moonster
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.