Football
Sponsored by

Top 50 Offensive Tackles Entering The 2022 Season

1,022 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Fre3dombear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
wongobear
This made me poop my pants a little
historian
Another list from the same guy with no criteria listed. It's nice to see Baylor player ranked so high but how was this determined? By whom? Is there anything meaningful behind it?
parch
historian said:

Another list from the same guy with no criteria listed. It's nice to see Baylor player ranked so high but how was this determined? By whom? Is there anything meaningful behind it?
There does appear to be some science to it, but I have no idea how he came up with his particular list.

PFF ranked their top 10 returning tackles for 2022 based on actual grades and data. This is theirs, which I very much trust:

1. Peter Skoronski
2. Andrew Vorhees
3. Dawand Jones
4. Jordan McFadden
5. Cooper Beebe
6. Paris Johnson
7. Blake Freeland
8. TJ Bass
9. Connor Galvin
10. Zion Nelson

Some repeat names there so it's not complete garbage. One of the things they note about Galvin is that we use true pass sets at an extremely low rate comparatively, so his pass blocking numbers are less reliable than other OTs. Grimes' set for linemen is kind of like Briles' was for QBs. It's expressly set up for them to maul defenses, but it obscures a bit their relatable skills at the next level.

One thing to note: Galvin had one penalty in 936 snaps last year. The dude is rock solid.
Fre3dombear
Lmust have a clicks revenue share with that guy
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.