Football
Sponsored by

Big 12 Lines via @FanDuel

1,288 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Aberzombie1892
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
PawpaBear
The Texas offensive weapons are being heavily weighted oppose to the defensive holes. I might have to make some money on the longhorn favoritism this year.
OsoCoreyell
So we're currently dogs to both UT and BYU (principally for the road, I'm guessing).

Well, defense travels, kids. Don't forget it.
DanaDane
Much like last year, Vegas bookmakers will use Texas lines each week as a hook to get more money flowing into the betting stream.
historian
If I interpret it correctly, we are favored in both games. Regardless, we cannot take too much stock in these things, especially do early. The odds aren't all designed to facilitate gambling & are only somewhat connected to the relative strengths of the teams. Aldi, these things are often wrong. The weather forecast is probably more accurate.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BaylorOkie
Baylor is currently the underdog in both games.
Aberzombie1892
historian said:

If I interpret it correctly, we are favored in both games. Regardless, we cannot take too much stock in these things, especially do early. The odds aren't all designed to facilitate gambling & are only somewhat connected to the relative strengths of the teams. Aldi, these things are often wrong. The weather forecast is probably more accurate.
Baylor is an underdog in both, but, at this point, it's all projections. The hesitation for Baylor at this exact moment in time is that it lost its starting QB, top WR, two top RBs, and some great players on defense after a record season for wins while it simultaneously did not bring in either transfers or a top tier recruiting class to compensate, If Baylor soundly defeats BYU in spite of those losses, Baylor's spread lines will adjust in Baylor's favor.
historian
All good points, especially the first one. Preseason polls & rankings are nothing but guesswork, particularly in May.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Baylorbears111
Aberzombie1892 said:

historian said:

Baylor is an underdog in both, but, at this point, it's all projections. The hesitation for Baylor at this exact moment in time is that it lost its starting QB, top WR, two top RBs, and some great players on defense after a record season for wins while it simultaneously did not bring in either transfers or a top tier recruiting class to compensate, If Baylor soundly defeats BYU in spite of those losses, Baylor's spread lines will adjust in Baylor's favor.
So now is the time to prepare the dough to make our bread before the line shifts?
Aberzombie1892
Baylorbears111 said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

historian said:

So now is the time to prepare the dough to make our bread before the line shifts?
Sure, however, there is some risk if Baylor doesn't turn out to be as good as it was last year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.