Football
Sponsored by

Saban says Aggy "bought every player"

5,045 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boognish_bear
BellCountyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They sound like two WWE "wrestlers". They should just have a cage match and get it over with.

College football has devolved to this.
EvilTroyAndAbed
IowaBear said:

Bama and GA spent what AM did on their class!? Lol no not even close.

They've been doing it for years, long before it was "legal.
JP1037
Jackie Sherrill would be proud.
Iron Claw
ursamajor said:

Even if he's not on the level, I think it's great for someone as high profile as Saban to be agitating for change in the system.

Like he agitated for slowing down offenses?
boykin_spaniel
Nick Saban perfected the bagmen system and now that that is obsolete he's furious. Saban is a the king of paying players, just his preferred method doesn't work as well anymore and his former assistant has a bigger Brink's truck at the moment. Whenever Saban spouts off like this it's because he feels threatened, he feels other teams catching up.

Doesn't mean what he says sometimes isn't right but he's the worst person to deliver such messages because he's been cheating since before his days at Bama. NIL does need some rules and regulations but a group of present day Grant Teaff's need to be leading the discussion.
ScottS
Saban isn't wrong. No one would choose to go to A&M without money being involved.
PacificBear
TitleIXScaries said:

ursamajor said:

Even if he's not on the level, I think it's great for someone as high profile as Saban to be agitating for change in the system.
you're siding with Saban on this?

Nick Saban?

You think he's clean and doesn't pay players to come play for Alabama?

Saban does it right. By the book. He teaches kids to win and how to make the NFL. If you like to win and would like to play in the nfl, go to Bama. Simple. It's a very hard choice for a young man. An 18 year old has to ask himself "do I want to put the work in"? It's not for everyone.
BellCountyBear
jimbo is a perfect fit at aggy. Slimy and proud of it.
ursamajor
That one didn't benefit Baylor, so I didn't like it. This time it does. So I like it. It's not Saban, it's Saban's message.

I don't think anyone thinks Saban is some kind of saint. The point is, if NIL remains unchecked A&M and UT buy players in perpetuity, and Baylor, no matter how great our coaches or how committed our players, won't be able to compete with schools whose alumni bases are massive.

NIL is here to stay, but until it's regulated, Baylor is at a disadvantage.
Jorkel
PacificBear said:

TitleIXScaries said:

ursamajor said:

you're siding with Saban on this?

Nick Saban?

You think he's clean and doesn't pay players to come play for Alabama?

Saban does it right. By the book. He teaches kids to win and how to make the NFL. If you like to win and would like to play in the nfl, go to Bama. Simple. It's a very hard choice for a young man. An 18 year old has to ask himself "do I want to put the work in"? It's not for everyone.

I know Saban is a great coach, probably GOAT at this point, and he and the Alabama program sell itself, but I speculate the program has done what every other program has done and that's do what they could get away with without getting caught, Baylor included.
historian
ursamajor said:

That one didn't benefit Baylor, so I didn't like it. This time it does. So I like it. It's not Saban, it's Saban's message.

I don't think anyone thinks Saban is some kind of saint. The point is, if NIL remains unchecked A&M and UT buy players in perpetuity, and Baylor, no matter how great our coaches or how committed our players, won't be able to compete with schools whose alumni bases are massive.

Maybe. For all their money, what has it gotten them? Texas hasn't been relevant in any major sport in over a decade & except for Johnny's Heisman & a couple of wins over Bama the Aggies don't have any championships either. At least their WBB did get a natty in 2011.

Baylor WBB has had 2 natty's since then & a conference title every year (& multiple conference tournament championships). Plus we all know what Baylor MBB did the past few years & what Baylor football did in 2013, 2014, 2019, & 2021. Baylor has the hardware on display that neither of the big state schools in Texas can claim, unless you count swimming.
Fre3dombear
contrario said:

boognish_bear said:

Saban also ruffling Primetime's feathers

He put "people" in all caps. What is he referring to that it needed that much emphasis?

Wouldn't it make more sense to capitalize our?
historian
Poor grammar rarely makes much sense.
Russell Gym
ursamajor said:

This is going one way - and that is a NFL JV league of 30 or so teams that can pay whatever the future NIL guidelines become. I highly doubt that NIL guidelines will ensure a level field for all current P5 schools, much less all FBS teams.
boognish_bear
Jorkel
boognish_bear said:

Love The Lane Train
PawpaBear
Thanks for sharing… too good!
historian
Isn't Lane Kiffin the coach for Ole Miss? What bowl game did they play in??
Jack Bauer
Aliceinbubbleland
JP1037 said:

Jackie Sherrill would be proud.
FedEx misses all of his business
Jack Bauer
Squatch Hunter
Jimbo is redefining what it means to Go Full Aggie. Just STFU already
Forest Bueller_bf
BylrFan said:

It's funny that Saban would accuse anybody of anything when it comes to recruiting.

So now some folks can "legally" outbid him, he has been doing it the wrong way for years, now
he doesn't have his usual huge advantage over every single recruit.
Canada2017
College football coaches , along with their boosters, have been paying their players for decades.

Only differences now is it's all above board and prices have gone up.

And one super recruiting class of freshmen will not lead A&M to a national championship this year or any other .

As other programs will increase their recruiting offers in order to compete .
historian
The laws of supply & demand still apply.
JL
Everyone knew what NIL was going to do. This is just another way to keep their names in the press. They just want attention.
boognish_bear
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.