Football
Sponsored by

When will coaches be forced to share their insane salaries with players for NIL?

5,040 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Golden Helmet
Fre3dombear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's coming as the funds from the alumni run dry eventually.

Will be interesting to see.
Golden Helmet
Funds from Alumni run dry?

LOL
Baylorbears111
Fre3dombear said:

You see that new California bill that is being proposed that would required their universities to share 50% of the their revenue with the athletes?
Fre3dombear
Baylorbears111 said:

Fre3dombear said:

You see that new California bill that is being proposed that would required their universities to share 50% of the their revenue with the athletes?

Ding ding ding
EatMoreSalmon
If most athletic departments are in the red, then will those be sending the athletes a bill?
ScottS
EatMoreSalmon said:

If most athletic departments are in the red, then will those be sending the athletes a bill?

Key word is revenues. This legislation sounds like it ignores the expense side of things.
EatMoreSalmon
Another dagger in the back of women's sports.
Timbear
Why is no one Ever mentioning the roughly $250,000 free education that athletes get along with free room and board for years?
Golden Helmet
Free?

Walk a week in a student athletes shoes and you'll never say that again.

Nothing free about it.
IowaBear
They aren't paying a dime and get to earn a degree that will greatly benefit their post athletic career. Yes I'm aware of the rigors of being a college athlete it's still a free education as far as $$ goes
Fre3dombear
I've never understood the *****ing by college athletes. Having done it, it's a damn amazing thing to do

The victimhood of some of the athletes or their mouthpieces is pretty amazing.

Of course. Who wouldn't take some money? It's the whoa is meness that i find most entertaining.
Golden Helmet
It's called bartering.

Timbear
Gold, I'm talking about financially, not effort wise. Please explain what a full scholarship Baylor athlete has to pay for out of their own pocket while at Baylor. I'm sure your info would be enlightening.
Golden Helmet
We don't have to agree.

It's a full time job…the athletes are compensated through reimbursement on their billing with a credit that makes their amount owed $0.

Timbear
So, the full time athletes have Zero financial costs for literal Years. They pay nothing for their healthcare, food, apt, books, tuition, fees totaling $300,000 or more, while being treated like Royalty. Man, what a terrible deal. The suffering they have to endure must be awful.
Golden Helmet
Your royalty comment tells me all I need to know about you, and your view of student athletes, and the compensation in the form of a scholarship they receive for their work on the field of competition.

Timbear
I totally respect and appreciate all of Baylor's student athletes, Gold. Sincerely. I'm old school, and think what current athletes are already compensated highly.
Squatch Hunter
Baylorbears111 said:

Fre3dombear said:

Schools will be dropping football like a hot rock
Golden Helmet
They are spoiled…no doubt.

It's out of control.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Timbear said:

I totally respect and appreciate all of Baylor's student athletes, Gold. Sincerely. I'm old school, and think what current athletes are already compensated highly.

So how about if a coach gets a $2M bonus for his kids making the playoff, the school gives him $2M in free education? I'm sure they'd be happy with that.

Wasn't Dabo supposed to quit if the players got paid? When are we gonna see that resignation letter?
Timbear
Coaches and players are an apples and oranges comparison.
ScottS
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Timbear said:

So how about if a coach gets a $2M bonus for his kids making the playoff, the school gives him $2M in free education? I'm sure they'd be happy with that.

Wasn't Dabo supposed to quit if the players got paid? When are we gonna see that resignation letter?

Dabo Swinney Clarifies NIL Stance; 'Not Everybody Does Much Research'
Tuesday Swinney stated that previous comments regarding the NIL were taken out of context and went on to clarify the statement and his stance.

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney was asked for his opinion concerning his previous comments regarding paying players for their name, image and likeness during his first in-person media availability since April of 2020.
In 2019, Swinney said that he may as well quit coaching college and move to the NFL if players in college were ever paid. But Tuesday he stated that those comments were taken out of context and went on to clarify the statement and his stance.
"We live in a world now where not everybody does much research. You go in the bathroom and hear somebody on the phone in the third stall and that's your source. Just calling it like it is," Swinney said. "And that's the headline. I think people hear what they want to hear, and then unfortunately a lot of people write what they want to write to fit the story that they need. And it's just not accurate. I've never had a problem with name, image and likeness. I think it should have been more. If I'd have been the czar, I'd have done it differently, because I don't think everybody's gonna have much opportunity with it. Some will. But not everybody will have opportunity.
"I would have liked to have seen it tied to graduation, education. … What I said, whenever that was, I still say. I am against professionalizing college athletics where we get away from the collegiate model and the value of a degree and the value of an education. I've never, ever said I'm against name, image and likeness. I think it's a lot of common sense. I think it could be more. I think it could be tied more to the education process so everybody would have had a little more opportunity. I said that, whenever it was, but people hear what they want to hear.
historian
Squatch Hunter said:

Baylorbears111 said:

Fre3dombear said:

Schools will be dropping football like a hot rock

California is trying to kill college athletics. Whether intentional or not doesn't matter, that will be the result if that becomes law.
historian
Again, thanks to the admins for taking out the garbage.
weirbones
Anyone who thinks athletes are getting a free education is clueless to the effort it takes to play a sport in college.

Anyone who dismisses the value of an education never had to pay for their degree and are equally clueless.
Fre3dombear
weirbones said:

Anyone who thinks athletes are getting a free education is clueless to the effort it takes to play a sport in college.

Anyone who dismisses the value of an education never had to pay for their degree and are equally clueless.

Most college degrees are worthless
SonOfZuno
Greed ultimately destroys almost everything sooner or later.
zarahale
Unlocking the Path to Success: AAT Courses with Future Connect Training
In the fast-paced and competitive world of finance, obtaining the right qualifications can make all the difference in one's career journey. For those aspiring to establish themselves in the realm of accounting and finance, the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) courses provide a well-trodden path towards success. Among the leading providers, Future Connect Training shines as an esteemed institution aat courses, offering comprehensive AAT courses that equip individuals with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in the financial industry. In this article, we will delve into the significance of AAT courses and explore how Future Connect Training can shape a bright and prosperous future.
AAT Courses: A Stepping Stone to Success
AAT courses hold immense importance for individuals seeking to pursue a career in accounting and finance. These courses cater to a wide range of students, from novices taking their first steps in the field to experienced professionals aiming to enhance their expertise aat level 2. Globally recognized and accredited, AAT qualifications are highly regarded by employers, ensuring that graduates possess the skills that are in demand across various industries.
The comprehensive nature of AAT courses is another compelling reason to consider this educational path. Covering diverse financial topics, such as bookkeeping, budgeting, taxation, and financial management, AAT courses ensure that learners are well-rounded and adaptable aat level 3, prepared to take on the challenges that await them in the financial sector.

BluesBear
Golden Helmet said:

Free?

Walk a week in a student athletes shoes and you'll never say that again.

Nothing free about it.

Trade-off to being stressed out about how you are going to pay your school tuition, earn enough money to pay room/bosrd and food. Coming from someone who choose Baylor and paid my own way - - I would have gladly taken a free scholarship to play a sport I loved.....

They should be taxed on the Tuition / Room and Board....that's coming next....you watch...
Bearwhiz
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Timbear said:

The results say he did!
Harrison Bergeron
I suspect NIL fatigue already is setting in. Who was to pay whiny, unproven, disloyal brats.
BigGameBaylorBear
Harrison Bergeron said:

I suspect NIL fatigue already is setting in. Who was to pay whiny, unproven, disloyal brats.

100%. People are going to get sick of dropping a bag on some kids who will transfer schools within a year. I'm pretty sure TAMU lost the majority of that #1 class they had
ScottS
BigGameBaylorBear said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

100%. People are going to get sick of dropping a bag on some kids who will transfer schools within a year. I'm pretty sure TAMU lost the majority of that #1 class they had

Yeah, look at Ohio State and Qunin Ewers. Dumped $1.4m and then after 1 year he heads to Texas.
Aberzombie1892
What would people here prefer? With the B1G and SEC about to start taking in huge amounts of money over the other conferences on an annual basis, the cat is out of the bag - even in a scenario where schools would have to share money with players, the financial discrepancy between those conferences and everyone else would continue to be a game changer and such a change would be merely reconfiguring the problem instead of solving it in a meaningful way.
canoso
Sorry, but with a free ride at a school with our cost, student athletes are far from "oppressed."
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.