Football
Sponsored by

Pac 12 scraps divisions for 2022

1,126 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by historian
boykin_spaniel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One conference has jumped at the opportunity rather quickly. How do folks think this and the ACC considering it for 2023 impacts the future Big 12?
LagunaBear
I think it'll influence the Big 12. I don't know what the leadership is thinking now, but I would expect them to be taking a hard look at it.
PartyBear
I dont think what the Pac and ACC are doing makes sense. So with a conference that big that cant play round robin, like the XII currently does until the new teams are in, to just have the first and second place team in the standings play for the championship in the title game doesnt make sense. That only makes sense for a conference with 10 or fewer teams.
boykin_spaniel
In 14-16 team leagues teams from opposite divisions don't play each but once or twice every 15 years or more. That sucks for the players and the fans.
The only downside I see is tie breakers becoming involved some years, but that almost happened this year in the Big 12.
To maintain a rivalry Wake and UNC have been playing each other as non-conference opponents. That's weird and shouldn't have to happen but being cross division opponents it could be years before they play again after meeting as conference foes.
Redbrickbear
boykin_spaniel said:

In 14-16 team leagues teams from opposite divisions don't play each but once or twice every 15 years or more. That sucks for the players and the fans.
The only downside I see is tie breakers becoming involved some years, but that almost happened this year in the Big 12.
To maintain a rivalry Wake and UNC have been playing each other as non-conference opponents. That's weird and shouldn't have to happen but being cross division opponents it could be years before they play again after meeting as conference foes.
Yea,

I think aggy has only played Georgia twice since they joined the SEC and only one of those times have they gotten to travel to Athens....yet they have been in the conference for a decade.

Imagine seeing a supposed in conference opponent twice every 10-15 years.

What a joke

whitetrash
Redbrickbear said:

boykin_spaniel said:

Yea,

I think aggy has only played Georgia twice since they joined the SEC and only one of those times have they gotten to travel to Athens....yet they have been in the conference for a decade.

Image seeing a a supposed in conference opponent twice every 10-15 years.

What a joke

Aggy joined the SECSECSEC in 2012. They make their first trip to Lexington to play Kentucky in 2025.
historian
There are reports that the Pac 12 is scrapping divisions.
EatMoreSalmon
I thought the Pac12 had scrap divisions last year. They were pretty bad.
historian
They are pretty almost every year these days.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.