Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,089,790 Views | 29564 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lets say he clears waivers, then agrees to come in at the vet min. Not sure he is better than our backup LBs anymore but one thing he can do is rush the passer. Do you bring him in?
---
49ers released LB Ahmad Brooks. As expected. The Niners were hoping to find a trade partner but weren't able to find a suitor before their self-imposed 4 PM ET deadline. Brooks is coming off a down season that saw him rate as one of the league's worst linebackers and lost his starting spot to Eli Harold. It's debatable how much the 33-year-old has left in the tank, though it shouldn't take him long to find a new home. The 11-year vet has logged 53.5 sacks over 133 NFL appearances.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

Lets say he clears waivers, then agrees to come in at the vet min. Not sure he is better than our backup LBs anymore but one thing he can do is rush the passer. Do you bring him in?
---
49ers released LB Ahmad Brooks. As expected. The Niners were hoping to find a trade partner but weren't able to find a suitor before their self-imposed 4 PM ET deadline. Brooks is coming off a down season that saw him rate as one of the league's worst linebackers and lost his starting spot to Eli Harold. It's debatable how much the 33-year-old has left in the tank, though it shouldn't take him long to find a new home. The 11-year vet has logged 53.5 sacks over 133 NFL appearances.

Pass
Assassin

Skip Bayless: NFL, Roger Goodell making Ezekiel Elliott 'face of domestic violence'

Skip Bayless thinks the NFL and Roger Goodell are making an example of Ezekiel Elliott by making the suspended Cowboys running back "the face of domestic violence."

Roger Goodell was blasted for dropping the ball on the Ray Rice domestic violence case in 2014. But if the NFL Commissioner went easy on the Ravens running back then, he's going overboard with his six-game suspension of Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott now, says FS1's Skip Bayless.

Goodell and the league are "making an example of (Elliott) as the face of domestic violence," Bayless said Monday's "Undisputed"

Here's how Bayless characterized the NFL's decision:

"We're going to show everyone that we're going to take the hottest young Dallas Cowboy, the young star who's risen all the way up to No. 2 on the list of merchandise sales to Tom Brady, and we're going to take him down for six games just to show the world how serious we are about domestic violence."
Quote:

"If you can conclusively prove to me, that Ezekiel Elliott beat up his accuser he should be gone for the entire year." @RealSkipBaylesspic.twitter.com/sTbi7CvhkL
UNDISPUTED (@undisputed) August 14, 2017
Of course, Bayless is an unabashed fan of America's Team. His arguments are aimed squarely at Cowboys fans who think their team is being singled out - and see the NFC East crown already slipping away to the Giants, Redskins or Eagles.

Bayless said he fully expects Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to sue Goodell for "abuse of power."

Shannon Sharpe, noting Elliott's checkered history, said he hopes the running back takes the suspension as a "wakeup call."

Said Sharpe: "I told you he's's going down a dangerous road here. His head coach, his general manager, Jerry Jones? They'll never, ever have a peaceful night's sleep as long as he's on their roster."
Assassin
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Friday that Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott will attend the appeal hearing for his six-game suspension in person on Tuesday.
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

Skip Bayless: NFL, Roger Goodell making Ezekiel Elliott 'face of domestic violence'

Skip Bayless thinks the NFL and Roger Goodell are making an example of Ezekiel Elliott by making the suspended Cowboys running back "the face of domestic violence."

Roger Goodell was blasted for dropping the ball on the Ray Rice domestic violence case in 2014. But if the NFL Commissioner went easy on the Ravens running back then, he's going overboard with his six-game suspension of Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott now, says FS1's Skip Bayless.

Goodell and the league are "making an example of (Elliott) as the face of domestic violence," Bayless said Monday's "Undisputed"

Here's how Bayless characterized the NFL's decision:

"We're going to show everyone that we're going to take the hottest young Dallas Cowboy, the young star who's risen all the way up to No. 2 on the list of merchandise sales to Tom Brady, and we're going to take him down for six games just to show the world how serious we are about domestic violence."
Quote:

"If you can conclusively prove to me, that Ezekiel Elliott beat up his accuser he should be gone for the entire year." @RealSkipBaylesspic.twitter.com/sTbi7CvhkL
UNDISPUTED (@undisputed) August 14, 2017
Of course, Bayless is an unabashed fan of America's Team. His arguments are aimed squarely at Cowboys fans who think their team is being singled out - and see the NFC East crown already slipping away to the Giants, Redskins or Eagles.

Bayless said he fully expects Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to sue Goodell for "abuse of power."

Shannon Sharpe, noting Elliott's checkered history, said he hopes the running back takes the suspension as a "wakeup call."

Said Sharpe: "I told you he's's going down a dangerous road here. His head coach, his general manager, Jerry Jones? They'll never, ever have a peaceful night's sleep as long as he's on their roster."

I sure hope Sharpe is wrong. Makes me sick.
Assassin
BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

Yep. Sometimes he is on point - othertimes he's just past the edge of the stadium out of bounds
BearForce
Assassin said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

Yep. Sometimes he is on point - other times he's just past the Korean Peninsula DMZ out of bound
FIFY
Assassin
Here's an interesting name. Hard to believe the legendary and unflappable NE Patriots gave up a 2 for Ealy just in March... He's on his rookie contract if picked up off waivers - $803,660 for 2017. 14 sacks in 3 seasons. Really curious why they gave so much - and why he was cut before the season
-------
Kony Ealy - DL - Free Agent
Patriots released DE Kony Ealy.
The writing was on the wall after Ealy's preseason struggles. The Patriots traded a second-rounder for Ealy and a third-rounder in March, but he proved to be miscast in the old Rob Ninkovich role. Ealy hasn't lived up to his draft status as a highly inconsistent pass rusher. He should draw waiver interest in 4-3 schemes as a veteran flyer.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

Yep. Sometimes he is on point - other times he's just past the Korean Peninsula DMZ out of bound
FIFY
BearForce
Assassin said:

Here's an interesting name. Hard to believe the legendary and unflappable NE Patriots gave up a 2 for Ealy just in March... He's on his rookie contract if picked up off waivers - $803,660 for 2017. 14 sacks in 3 seasons. Really curious why they gave so much - and why he was cut before the season
-------
The writing was on the wall after Ealy's preseason struggles. The Patriots traded a second-rounder for Ealy and a third-rounder in March, but he proved to be miscast in the old Rob Ninkovich role. Ealy hasn't lived up to his draft status as a highly inconsistent pass rusher. He should draw waiver interest in 4-3 schemes as a veteran flyer.
kick them tires...what sucks it I doubt he gets to us in waivers as his contract is pretty cheap:

5/29/2014: Signed a four-year, $3.546 million contract. The deal contains $1.249 million guaranteed, including an $899,512 signing bonus. 2017: $803,660 (+ $100,000 workout bonus), 2018: Free Agent
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

-------
kick them tires
Given our suspensions, he could be a 4 game gap filler until our guys return. By then we would know if hes a keeper.

See if he clears waivers
Assassin
Brady lost his big gun. Julian Edleman out for the year with a FULL ACL tear. 98 receptions last year.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

-------
kick them tires
Given our suspensions, he could be a 4 game gap filler until our guys return. By then we would know if hes a keeper.

See if he clears waivers
I doubt it...total bargain:

5/29/2014: Signed a four-year, $3.546 million contract. The deal contains $1.249 million guaranteed, including an $899,512 signing bonus. 2017: $803,660 (+ $100,000 workout bonus), 2018: Free Agent
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

-------
kick them tires

See if he clears waivers
I doubt it...total bargain:

I'm curious why the Pats gave so much - yet gave up on him without him ever playing a down. IMO - gotta be something we dont know.

He hasnt been picked up yet according to Rotoworld. Wonder if he makes it to us? We're waaaaay down the pecking order at 28. And I think he still has to be on the opening 53 roster if we pluck him off the wire (at least thats how it works during the season). I think he's guaranteed X amount of game checks
Assassin
re: ealy

Speaking on a conference call on Saturday, Bill Belichick addressed the release.

"I do think he was making progress and getting better and was really working hard," he said. "It's just one of those things that didn't work out or wasn't going to work out. It's nobody's fault. He worked hard. We worked hard. There was a lot of effort put in, but in the end we didn't feel like this was going to work out. It gives him an opportunity about a week ahead of next week to hopefully create a better opportunity for himself. I think he deserved that. He did everything we asked him to do. It just didn't work out for either one of us like we hoped it would."
Assassin
just looking at the Ealy trade, Pats gave up a 2nd to get Ealy and a 3rd. However they only dropped 8 spots. Thats worth a looksee at a possible talent
BearForce
Assassin said:

just looking at the Ealy trade, Pats gave up a 2nd to get Ealy and a 3rd. However they only dropped 8 spots. Thats worth a looksee at a possible talent

Agree...i just don't think he makes it to us.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Agree...i just don't think he makes it to us.
Not sure what time he was cut. I think the waiver runs 24 hours with the lowest team claiming getting the kid. Rotoworld reported at 3pm the cut

Id take a shot if I were Dallas.
Assassin
Just read that Lael Collins was adjusting pretty well at RT despite being left handed. Usually thats going against the grain. Coaches are saying that he is already as good as Free. He will usually have the TE on his side so that will help. Also, I would think that anything blocking inside would benefit from him being left handed.
Assassin
you wanna know how bad it is for Bryce in NY? ALL FIVE OL spots are open...
Assassin
Sean Lee will make his preseason debut after sitting last week with a hamstring strain. He practiced four straight days and had no added soreness. He thinks this is a big game for him to play because of style of Raiders offense.
Assassin
Assassin
say what? I'm no fan of the NFLPA but this is crazy

Source: NFLPA denied notes in Elliott's appeal

Arbitrator Harold Henderson, who will preside over RB Ezekiel Elliott's suspension appeal next Tuesday, ruled that notes from NFL investigators and Columbus, Ohio, authorities won't be available to the NFLPA prior to the hearing, a source said.
Assassin
All the #Raiders stood. All the #Cowboys stood. #AnthemWatch
Assassin
Ryan Switzer is not in uniform for tonight's game
Assassin
nice d to start out
Assassin
Starting left guard is Chaz Green
Assassin
btw - boys opened in a 12 offense with Hanna opposite Witten
Assassin
Beaz!
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

Brady lost his big gun. Julian Edleman out for the year with a FULL ACL tear. 98 receptions last year.
That's a shame
Assassin
tre - nada!
Assassin
BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

That's a shame
its horrible. even worse that it happened in preseaosn
Assassin
Elliott touched ball 8 times on opening possession. Six carries for 18 yds and 2 rec for another 6 yds. Was on field for 10 snaps.
BaylorProud77
that former red raider just ran by the whole team
First Page Last Page
Page 10 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.