Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,077,400 Views | 29546 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One guy off the boards that I liked at 19. The massive 1 tech Christian Wilkins is staying at Clemson
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

One guy off the boards that I liked at 19. The massive 1 tech Christian Wilkins is staying at Clemson
I like the thought but you are assuming that we would actually push aside our antiquated notion of the 1-Tech and draft a stud like that in Round 1. I will believe it when I see it.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I like the thought but you are assuming that we would actually push aside our antiquated notion of the 1-Tech and draft a stud like that in Round 1. I will believe it when I see it.
I think Vea would be the only other 1 tech for the 1st There are 3-4 other 3 tech types.

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Challenge awaits Cowboys as they look to replace Matt Eberflus
11:15 AM CT
Todd ArcherESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- As the Dallas Cowboys continue to piece together a coaching staff, their biggest challenge will be replacing a coach who has not technically even left yet.

Matt Eberflus, the Cowboys' linebackers coach since 2011 and who had passing game coordinator added to his title in 2017, is expected to follow Josh McDaniels as his defensive coordinator wherever the New England Patriotsoffensive coordinator lands as a head coach, most likely with the Indianapolis Colts.

Eberflus' contract expired after the season. The Cowboys wanted to keep him, but his desire to become a coordinator and his respect for Rod Marinelli was too much for the Cowboys to overcome.

According to sources, the Cowboys were willing to make Eberflus the coordinator and promote Marinelli to an assistant head coach role, but Eberflus did not want step on the toes of Marinelli, who helped teach him the finer points of the 4-3 scheme in 2014.

Sean Lee will miss Eberflus the most. He was entering his second season when Eberflus came on board as Rob Ryan's linebackers coach, and Lee found a coach willing to be every bit the football junkie he was. The two formed a close bond and Lee became a Pro Bowl and All-Pro linebacker.

Along the way, Eberflus also helped in the development of Anthony Hitchens, Damien Wilson and Jaylon Smith. He coaxed a top season out of the mercurial Rolando McClain in 2014. He was able to work with veterans like Bradie James, Keith Brooking and get productivity out of Justin Durant and Ernie Sims.

In his time with Ryan, Eberflus was viewed as the more controlled coach, the one who kept close attention to the details, while Ryan was scheming up varied -- sometimes too varied -- ways to stop opposing offenses. With Marinelli, his role kept growing to where he would offer up strong suggestions during the week and in the game. The Cowboys' dime package came mostly from Eberflus.

The passing game coordinator title was not some insignificant thing.

Eberflus was responsible for the back end of the Cowboys defense, mixing coverages between the linebackers and secondary. By the end of the 2017 season, he was working with three rookie defensive backs in Chidobe Awuzie, Jourdan Lewis and Xavier Woods, while mixing in second-year safety Kavon Frazier some at safety. He had a big say in the defensive game plans each week and relayed Marinelli's calls during the game.
But he wasn't the coordinator. Like many of us, Eberflus had career goals and one was to be a coordinator. If he succeeds, then that could lead to being a head coach candidate one day.

The Cowboys did not want to lose Eberflus, but they could only offer so much.
BaylorProud77
Assassin
a trip down memory lane - D Magazine 1976

https://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/1976/september/tom-landrys-secret-game-plan/
Assassin
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

a trip down memory lane - D Magazine 1976

https://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/1976/september/tom-landrys-secret-game-plan/
sweet
BearForce
I could get on board with this

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/1/19/16905478/free-agent-focus-2018-could-wr-coach-sanjay-lal-bring-donte-moncrief-cowboys-cowboys
BaylorProud77
BearForce said:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/1/19/16905478/free-agent-focus-2018-could-wr-coach-sanjay-lal-bring-donte-moncrief-cowboys-cowboys

oh yeah!!!
greggor25
Aren't the Saints playing the Cowgirls at Cowgirls stadium next year?
GoldMind
greggor25 said:

Aren't the Saints playing the Cowgirls at Cowgirls stadium next year?

No, they're playing America's Team at American Telephone and Telegraph stadium.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
19: R1P19
WR CALVIN RIDLEY
ALABAMA

50: R2P18
S RONNIE HARRISON
ALABAMA

81: R3P17
LB SHAUN DION HAMILTON
ALABAMA

118: R4P16
DL KENDRICK NORTON
MIAMI

136: R4P34
TE DALTON SCHULTZ
STANFORD

139: R4P37
CB M.J. STEWART
NORTH CAROLINA

174: R5P35
G SKYLER PHILLIPS
IDAHO STATE

176: R5P37
LB CHRISTIAN SAM
ARIZONA STATE

197: R6P19
RB PHILLIP LINDSAY
COLORADO

237: R7P18
OT COLE MADISON
WASHINGTON STATE
BaylorProud77
Assassin
BearForce said:

I dont know if I would consider him any better - of even equal to Terrance
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Better hands, better route runner, and faster than TWill. TWill cant make that double move in the video.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Better hands, better route runner, and faster than TWill. TWill cant make that double move in the video.
Yet Terrance has proven to be much more productive
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Yet Terrance has proven to be much more productive

Dallas QBs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Indy QBs

It makes a difference
BaylorProud77
Omg. I can't believe the Eagles look this good without Wentz!!!!!! Sickening
Assassin
watching the Eagles, just shows you how much you need inside rush. most of the rest of the team sux
BaylorProud77
I'm turning to Queen Victoria. Ha
Assassin
Foles with a solid game. Eagles D keeps giving him chances. Looking like Philly will the team to lose to New England in the Stupor Bowl
bearlyafarmer
Wanted Vikings to win, but if Eagles are a better match for the Patriots, so be it.
Assassin
bearlyafarmer said:

Wanted Vikings to win, but if Eagles are a better match for the Patriots, so be it.
Wonder if they can tie? Brady and Foles kissing their own sisters might be kinda fun
GoldMind
I despise the Eagles, but I despise the Patriots too. I'm at a loss for words.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
boognish_bear
Assassin
Former Seahawks DC Kris Richard met with the Cowboys on Sunday.
Richard was let go earlier this offseason after Seattle missed the playoffs for the first time in six years. The Cowboys already have a defensive coordinatorRod Marinell has held that position since 2014so it's unclear what role Dallas would want him for. The 38-year-old has coached in the league since 2010.
Related: Cowboys

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Jan 22 - 1:28 PM
BaylorProud77
Good Lord sorry savior, I hate the Eagles! I'm going to have to find something else to watch or read. Oh I know, I'll read Violated. Hear it has lots of sex, sexual assaults and gang busters, orgies......oh wait that was in my Baylor, whoops.
BaylorProud77
Pat Schumer. Vikings new head coach. I'm not sure I spelled his name right. I wanted the Vikings to win so bad. Didn't happen. As you well know
BaylorProud77
Is that even right?
BaylorProud77
No no. I read that head line totally wrong! Hey been working with Special Ed all day, ok! Lolol
AustinCory
GoldMind said:

I despise the Eagles, but I despise the Patriots too. I'm at a loss for words.
Who America is rooting for in Super Bowl LII ...

BaylorProud77
So that little red spot is Dallas. Lololol I can' t cheer for the Eagles either but don't like the Patriots. Will not be watching
Assassin
I think the Green is for the folks that dont give a damn one way or the other.
AustinCory
BaylorProud77 said:

So that little red spot is Dallas. Lololol I can' t cheer for the Eagles either but don't like the Patriots. Will not be watching
Yep. While no one in Dallas wants the Cowboys to fall from t-2nd to t-3rd in most Super Bowls won, it seems that is trumped by the fact that most Cowboys fans just can't cheer for the Eagles.

The glass half full version ... either the Cowboys stay in 2nd or the Eagles lose. Cowboys fans win either way.
First Page Last Page
Page 127 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.