Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,089,713 Views | 29564 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Assassin
GoldMind
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ValpoCory said:

BaylorProud77 said:

So that little red spot is Dallas. Lololol I can' t cheer for the Eagles either but don't like the Patriots. Will not be watching
Yep. While no one in Dallas wants the Cowboys to fall from t-2nd to t-3rd in most Super Bowls won, it seems that is trumped by the fact that most Cowboys fans just can't cheer for the Eagles.

The glass half full version ... either the Cowboys stay in 2nd or the Eagles lose. Cowboys fans win either way.
No we dont. We despise the cheating ass Patriots and the stupid ass Eagles. Lose lose if you ask me.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Brian the Dog
ValpoCory said:

GoldMind said:

I despise the Eagles, but I despise the Patriots too. I'm at a loss for words.
Who America is rooting for in Super Bowl LII ...

Don't like the Patriots but if they win its the status quo. If the eagles win its a whole new level of garbage. Only positive is there's greater than zero chance their fans will burn the city down.
Franko
If the Seahawks had just handed the ball to Lynch at the one-yard line and the Falcons had not committed the biggest choke job in Super Bowl history, it would be an easy decision as to who to root for. I would root for the 3-6 Super Bowl record Patriots.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Assassin
GoldMind said:

ValpoCory said:

BaylorProud77 said:

So that little red spot is Dallas. Lololol I can' t cheer for the Eagles either but don't like the Patriots. Will not be watching
Yep. While no one in Dallas wants the Cowboys to fall from t-2nd to t-3rd in most Super Bowls won, it seems that is trumped by the fact that most Cowboys fans just can't cheer for the Eagles.

The glass half full version ... either the Cowboys stay in 2nd or the Eagles lose. Cowboys fans win either way.
No we dont. We despise the cheating ass Patriots and the stupid ass Eagles. Lose lose if you ask me.
I'm telling ya, root for a tie
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BaylorProud77
You tell em Goldmind! Ha
Assassin
Three-of-four Cowboys beat writers polled by the Dallas Morning News predicted Dez Bryant will remain a Cowboy in 2018. Bryant's on-field performance clearly declined in 2017, and EVP Stephen Jones recently called Dez a "distraction" for his sideline antics. The Morning News' David Moore and Jon Machota predicted Bryant will return after taking a pay cut, and colleague Brandon George said the Cowboys believe new WRs coach Sanjay Lal plus scheme changes will help Bryant improve.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones said the team wants to avoid using the franchise tag on impending free agent DE DeMarcus Lawrence. "Our first goal is to sign him to a long-term deal, obviously," Jones said. "To me, the only reason you use a franchise tag is to hopefully protect yourself if you can't get a long-term deal signed that you like." A second-round pick in 2014, Lawrence recorded eight sacks as a sophomore and exploded for 14.5 in 2017, but he has already undergone two back surgeries in his short career, a history which could complicate long-term negotiations. It will cost Dallas over $17 million to tag Lawrence.
Assassin
One of the players that seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle since Taco Charlton was drafted is Charles Tapper. It seems like he was starting to flash some talent before his injury. What's his status and potential for next season?

Rob: Spoke to Tapper in December and he was in good spirits, looking forward to getting back to work in the offseason coming off foot surgery. It's unfortunate that injuries have really limited him in his first two seasons. I've always been intrigued by his quick first step as a pass rusher. A little like Charlton, balance and leverage are important for him in finishing plays.

David: Stephen Jones said at the Senior Bowl that the Cowboys don't have any injuries that will hold them out of training camp, so I'd expect that Tapper will be ready in plenty of time. As for his potential we've seen what he can do when he's healthy, it's just that it hasn't happened often. I'll be interested to see what he can do in Year 3, but I wouldn't let it stop me from drafting pass rush help.
Assassin
On Wednesday, executive VP Stephen Jones added a log a couple fires from the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama. On Monday, he made it clear Dez Bryant's contract was an issue for the club moving forward. Now he's spoken on how the team is viewing Irving's restricted free agency.
Quote:

Brandon George

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones on plan to re-sign restricted free agent DL David Irving: "He needs to put together a full season and consistency & all of that. Obviously played outstanding when he was healthy. I think it'd be real difficult to figure out something long-term with David.
As a restricted free agent, Irving is under the Cowboys control ultimately. While he'll be allowed to negotiate a contract with another team, Dallas will have the opportunity to match any offer sheet. If they refuse, Irving's new team will have to fork over a pick in April's draft.

What round that pick is in is determined by the level of tender Dallas places on Irving. RFAs who do not sign offer sheets with new teams revert to their original club at one of three salary levels for one year.

Assassin
Assassin said:

The above are projected amounts from Over The Cap, based on a projected $178 million salary cap for 2018. Irving was a UDFA, so an orignal-round tender is likely not an option. This would mean Dallas would get no compensation from a team which wanted to sign Irving. The difference between a first and second-round tender is just $1.24 million. It makes sense the majority of teams would be hesitant to give a long-term deal and a first rounder for Irving. A second rounder seems more than possible for quite a few teams, especially those at the end of a round.
Assassin
well, looks like we have the good and bad on James Washington from the Senior Bowl. A little too short (5'10 7/8) but long arms negate (34"), cant run great routes, yet he did much better.

01/27/18 - Top 15 Senior Bowl Performers: 6. James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State...Washington was one of the prospects with the most to gain this week, and Oklahoma State's all-time leading receiver didn't disappoint. Despite measuring a hair under 5-foot-11, his 210-pound frame and 34-inch arms were positive numbers. And during individual drills, Washington showed improved releases and route-running to create separation with more than just speed. With all the talented wideouts in Mobile, Washington stood above the rest. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

01/23/18 - Senior Bowl Tuesday: NFL scouts' eyes will be glued to the releases and route-running of Oklahoma State wide receiver James Washington (5-11, 210) this week. And on Day One of practice, the Cowboys' all-time leading receiver did a nice job using his physical nature and strength to work through press coverage and enter his route. Washington's best trait (his strong hands) were also on display, making several contested catches during one-on-ones. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com
BaylorProud77
Kitten Bowl Sunday next week on Hallmark Channel at noon. Lol hey gotta add something to this thread. Glad to see you are awake Asssassin
Assassin
Assassin
How Troy Aikman became Oklahoma's 1983 high school typing champion

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/business/2017/09/25/troy-aikman-became-oklahomastyping-champ-high-school
GoldMind
Assassin said:

How Troy Aikman became Oklahoma's 1983 high school typing champion

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/business/2017/09/25/troy-aikman-became-oklahomastyping-champ-high-school

That's wild. Where's the article detailing how the Miami Hurricanes are to thank for his greatness?
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
A bit of logistical Cowboy history

April 1960: Cowboys set up headquarters at 4425 N. Central Expressway, where they leased the second floor of an office building from the ground-floor tenant Dallas Automobile Club. The building also housed the Cowboys' box office, where inaugural season-ticket prices were $27.60 for six games.

-1960-62 seasons: Cowboys primarily practice at Burnett Field, home of minor league baseball's Dallas-Fort Worth Rangers; some practices are held at DISD-owned Cobb Stadium.

-1961: Cowboys add a box office at 1509 Elm St., and fans also can purchase tickets at Reynolds-Penland and Jas. K. Wilson stores.

-1962: Cowboys owner Clint Murchison Jr. buys property at Yale Boulevard and North Central Expressway, which not coincidentally was where the AFL's Dallas Texans had a practice field and field house. The Texans are forced to move to a new field a few blocks away for the 1962 season.

-September 1963: With the AFL's Dallas Texans relocating to Kansas City, Cowboys take over Texans' practice site/field house at Yale Boulevard and Central Expressway.

-June 22, 1964: Cowboys move to a temporary headquarters, 5738 N. Central Expressway (between Mockingbird and Yale), with plans to move again in 1966 to a nearby office tower being constructed by Murchison. The temporary office is about 200 yards from the team's practice field.

-Dec. 19, 1966: Thirteen days before hosting the Packers in the NFL Championship Game, Cowboys move into new offices at 6116 N. Central Expressway, taking over the 11th floor of a 15-story, $7 million Expressway Tower built primarily for Murchison's marine construction company, Tecon. The office overlooks the team's practice field.

-June 1967: Cowboys lease 3.5 acres near Forest Lane and Abrams Road and begin construction of a training facility and practice fields, which they move to in October.

-Nov. 29, 1983: GM Tex Schramm and coach Tom Landry co-man a shovel -- with the franchise's star logo on it -- during the groundbreaking for a 30-acre office and training facility in Valley Ranch.

-Aug. 28, 1985: Players and coaches move to the new Valley Ranch facility. Front office personnel move in several weeks later, marking the first time since 1967 that the team's practice facility and office complex are in the same area.

-July-August 2016: Cowboys scheduled to move into their new 91-acre development known as The Star in Frisco.
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

A bit of logistical Cowboy history

April 1960: Cowboys set up headquarters at 4425 N. Central Expressway, where they leased the second floor of an office building from the ground-floor tenant Dallas Automobile Club. The building also housed the Cowboys' box office, where inaugural season-ticket prices were $27.60 for six games.

-1960-62 seasons: Cowboys primarily practice at Burnett Field, home of minor league baseball's Dallas-Fort Worth Rangers; some practices are held at DISD-owned Cobb Stadium.

-1961: Cowboys add a box office at 1509 Elm St., and fans also can purchase tickets at Reynolds-Penland and Jas. K. Wilson stores.

-1962: Cowboys owner Clint Murchison Jr. buys property at Yale Boulevard and North Central Expressway, which not coincidentally was where the AFL's Dallas Texans had a practice field and field house. The Texans are forced to move to a new field a few blocks away for the 1962 season.

-September 1963: With the AFL's Dallas Texans relocating to Kansas City, Cowboys take over Texans' practice site/field house at Yale Boulevard and Central Expressway.

-June 22, 1964: Cowboys move to a temporary headquarters, 5738 N. Central Expressway (between Mockingbird and Yale), with plans to move again in 1966 to a nearby office tower being constructed by Murchison. The temporary office is about 200 yards from the team's practice field.

-Dec. 19, 1966: Thirteen days before hosting the Packers in the NFL Championship Game, Cowboys move into new offices at 6116 N. Central Expressway, taking over the 11th floor of a 15-story, $7 million Expressway Tower built primarily for Murchison's marine construction company, Tecon. The office overlooks the team's practice field.

-June 1967: Cowboys lease 3.5 acres near Forest Lane and Abrams Road and begin construction of a training facility and practice fields, which they move to in October.

-Nov. 29, 1983: GM Tex Schramm and coach Tom Landry co-man a shovel -- with the franchise's star logo on it -- during the groundbreaking for a 30-acre office and training facility in Valley Ranch.

-Aug. 28, 1985: Players and coaches move to the new Valley Ranch facility. Front office personnel move in several weeks later, marking the first time since 1967 that the team's practice facility and office complex are in the same area.

-July-August 2016: Cowboys scheduled to move into their new 91-acre development known as The Star in Frisco.
That was very interesting. Thank you.
BearForce
19: R1P19
OT MIKE MCGLINCHEY
NOTRE DAME

I know you are thing what, but hear me out. If he is there at 19, you take the OT and put him at RT and move Collins back to LG, and BOOM, the wall of Dallas is back with Collins being insurance at both OT spots.

50: R2P18
DL DA'RON PAYNE
ALABAMA

Whether David Irving is gone or not, time to reinforce the middle as Tapper and Collins are both question marks.

81: R3P17
WR DEONTAY BURNETT
USC

Could have taken Washington out of OSU here but went Burnett because I think he is more Dak friendly...whole route tree in a pro style system and better size.

118: R4P16
RB NICK CHUBB
GEORGIA
Great value here and a legit option in case Zeke goes brain dead again.

138: R4P36
TE DALTON SCHULTZ
STANFORD

Hanna is in his last contract year and might be trade bait and Swaim isnt far behind.

139: R4P37
LB JACK CICHY
WISCONSIN

LB to throw into the mix as I think they go the veteran route if they lose Hitchens.

174: R5P35
WR ALLEN LAZARD
IOWA STATE

Another value pick with good route running skills and great size. Sleeper TE prospect to put against Jarwin and Gathers?

176: R5P37
S JUSTIN REID
STANFORD

Depth if Byron Jones goes to CB.

196: R6P19
LB OREN BURKS
VANDERBILT

Has play safety in the past and might do so here too with his size.

236: R7P18
QB RILEY FERGUSON
MEMPHIS

Taking a page from NE and Philly, he pushed Cooper Rush and you develop him as trade bait in the future.
Assassin
BearForce said:

19: R1P19
OT MIKE MCGLINCHEY
NOTRE DAME

I know you are thing what, but hear me out. If he is there at 19, you take the OT and put him at RT and move Collins back to LG, and BOOM, the wall of Dallas is back with Collins being insurance at both OT spots.

50: R2P18
DL DA'RON PAYNE
ALABAMA

Whether David Irving is gone or not, time to reinforce the middle as Tapper and Collins are both question marks.

81: R3P17
WR DEONTAY BURNETT
USC

Could have taken Washington out of OSU here but went Burnett because I think he is more Dak friendly...whole route tree in a pro style system and better size.

118: R4P16
RB NICK CHUBB
GEORGIA
Great value here and a legit option in case Zeke goes brain dead again.

138: R4P36
TE DALTON SCHULTZ
STANFORD

Hanna is in his last contract year and might be trade bait and Swaim isnt far behind.

139: R4P37
LB JACK CICHY
WISCONSIN

LB to throw into the mix as I think they go the veteran route if they lose Hitchens.

174: R5P35
WR ALLEN LAZARD
IOWA STATE

Another value pick with good route running skills and great size. Sleeper TE prospect to put against Jarwin and Gathers?

176: R5P37
S JUSTIN REID
STANFORD

Depth if Byron Jones goes to CB.

196: R6P19
LB OREN BURKS
VANDERBILT

Has play safety in the past and might do so here too with his size.

236: R7P18
QB RILEY FERGUSON
MEMPHIS

Taking a page from NE and Philly, he pushed Cooper Rush and you develop him as trade bait in the future.
I was considering an OT in the first too. Or 1 tech. But Wilkins decided to stay in school for next season. I like Payne at 2. Would still grab Washington in a heartbeat at 3. Huge value there. And he has hands like magnets. Chubb in the 4 and Lazard at 5 would also be great values
Assassin
Assassin
Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence's agent doesn't think his client will reach free agency. "I would imagine that they're probably not just letting us get to free agency and leave Dallas," said David Canter. "Whatever that number ends up being remains to be seen. But I do imagine and believe that we'll have multiple conversations over the next month or so." Canter compared Lawrence to one of his other clients, Olivier Vernon, who landed a five-year, $85 million contract when he hit the market in 2016. The Cowboys will sit down with Lawrence's representation at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis, which begins on February 28.
BearForce
Alex Smith to the Redskins...interesting

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/30/report-chiefs-reach-agreement-to-trade-alex-smith-to-washington/
Assassin
BearForce said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/30/report-chiefs-reach-agreement-to-trade-alex-smith-to-washington/

that wild!

Not sure that he's an upgrade over Cousins though
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

that wild!

Not sure that he's an upgrade over Cousins though

Could be if they support him with a running game as turnovers probably will decrease.
BaylorProud77
so where is Cousins going?
D. C. Bear
BearForce said:

They sure paid him a lot of money.
BearForce
BaylorProud77 said:

Free agency
GoldMind
BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Free agency
YOU LIKE THAT?!!
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Free agency
YOU LIKE THAT?!!

Ha
Assassin
Chiefs acquired CB Kendall Fuller and a 2018 third-round pick from the Redskins in exchange for QB Alex Smith.

A 2016 third-rounder, Fuller struggled as a rookie off a 2015 knee injury. But this past season, as the Redskins' No. 1 slot corner, Fuller appeared in all 16 games and graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 5 cover corner out of 121 qualifiers. The Chiefs really struggled on the back end of the defense in 2017, so Fuller will be a welcomed addition and should slide right into slot duties in K.C.
Assassin
D. C. Bear said:

BearForce said:

They sure paid him a lot of money.

Redskins signed QB Alex Smith to a four-year, $94 million extension through 2022. He gets $71 million guaranteed. As part of the agreement on the trade to get Smith to D.C., the Skins are giving Smith some long-term security, as he had just one year left on his contract through 2018. He's now under contract through his age-38 season.
BaylorProud77
Agree with DC. That's a lot of money!
Assassin
BaylorProud77 said:

Agree with DC. That's a lot of money!
Id like to go to his house and check the couch cushions - theres probably gonna be 50k right there
Assassin
Wentz tore his LCL too:

Assassin
Swaim got scoped last week, should be ready for camp. Only a $705k deal
First Page Last Page
Page 128 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.