Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,076,868 Views | 29545 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sounds like Anthony Hutchins may be done for the year
Assassin
BearForce said:

no way!
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

no way!

I wish it was a bad joke but it's being reported everywhere.
trumpetbear
Game was on delay in Austin so I'm just now watching. Good to see the starters!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

no way!

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
EasyE
Assassin said:

I know these are pretty much backup to the backups, but Rush certainly looks better than Moore most of the time

He has that ability to move around in the pocket to extend plays which is a difficult skill to teach. He has a promising future.
Assassin
EasyE said:

Assassin said:

I know these are pretty much backup to the backups, but Rush certainly looks better than Moore most of the time

He has that ability to move around in the pocket to extend plays which is a difficult skill to teach. He has a promising future.
Wish we could see him with the starters against other starters
Assassin
here ya go 77!
==========
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said the team has no plans to waive undrafted QB Cooper Rush. "I'm very impressed," said Jones. "We won't be waiving him. I'll tell you that right now." Rush cemented his roster spot with another strong showing in Saturday's dress rehearsal versus the Raiders, completing 12-of-13 passes for 115 yards and two touchdowns. With Rush now a lock for the 53-man roster, the Cowboys will have to make a decision on Kellen Moore, who has struggled to a 54.2 completion percentage during preseason play.

Source: dallascowboys.com
Aug 27 - 10:24 AM
Assassin
Gotta say, I like Alfred Morris running inside better than McF. Outside its no contest, McFaddens speed seperates him. Morris has gained 158 yards on 30 carries (5.27 YPC) in preseason.

Morris is blocking better but the fumble/interception thingie off Rush shouldnt have happened. Even though Morris was on the right side, once he sees no one coming directly in from the right handed QB's right, then he is responsible for checking the left, the QBs backside. Didnt happen until it was too late. This is something Zeke is very good at.
Assassin
Prescott probably ended his overall preseason stats going 18-of-22 passing for 219 yards, two touchdowns, and no turnovers.

Extremely efficient. I think we have a keeper
BearForce
Assassin said:

here ya go 77!
==========
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said the team has no plans to waive undrafted QB Cooper Rush. "I'm very impressed," said Jones. "We won't be waiving him. I'll tell you that right now." Rush cemented his roster spot with another strong showing in Saturday's dress rehearsal versus the Raiders, completing 12-of-13 passes for 115 yards and two touchdowns. With Rush now a lock for the 53-man roster, the Cowboys will have to make a decision on Kellen Moore, who has struggled to a 54.2 completion percentage during preseason play.

Source: dallascowboys.com
Aug 27 - 10:24 AM

What is interesting is KLess is still eligible for the practice squad, so you could cut him and get him on the PS once he passes, and he will pass, waivers. I still look for a veteran #2 though.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Gotta say, I like Alfred Morris running inside better than McF. Outside its no contest, McFaddens speed seperates him. Morris has gained 158 yards on 30 carries (5.27 YPC) in preseason.

Morris is blocking better but the fumble/interception thingie off Rush shouldnt have happened. Even though Morris was on the right side, once he sees no one coming directly in from the right handed QB's right, then he is responsible for checking the left, the QBs backside. Didnt happen until it was too late. This is something Zeke is very good at.

Yep
Assassin
Wonder what we're gonna do at LB? Hitchens probably out for the year. Damien Wilson arrested for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon - legal and NFL stuff yet to be determined.

Jaylon Smith might have to start. Didnt want to see that right away. Jerry said he would be kept as a backup but I'm not too sure about that. Played okay in 16 snaps last night - not sure if he's ready to quadruple that, or more

Kinda lucky we signed Justin Durant. They said it was to protect against Wilson getting suspended but I think that was more preventative in case Smith's comeback didnt pan out.

Assassin
Anthony Brown - not sure he's that talented, but he's a scrapper. Crabtree had that TD pass. Brown ripped it out of his hands.

I'll take a scrapper anyday. Once Lewis and Awuzzie come back and/or our CB situation unfolds, Brown might be a great slot corner or safety.
Assassin
Malik Colins paired with Stephen Paea at DT. The Raiders have the 2nd best OL in the NFL. And these two guys were doing pretty well against it. They also penetrated well, pushing the pocket back.

Assassin
Damontre Moore. nice game - has a great initial burst. Out for the first 2 games with suspension from a DWI while with Seattle. Will end up being a nice FA pickup once he gets back.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Malik Colins paired with Stephen Paea at DT. The Raiders have the 2nd best OL in the NFL. And these two guys were doing pretty well against it. They also penetrated well, pushing the pocket back.

Paea is an underrated FA pickup...he is the flogger 1 tech we have needed for a while and his pushing the pocket is a nice bonus.
Assassin
really concerned if we go into the season with Awuzzie and Lewis out. We were counting on those guys to help replace, or at least be in the rotation of the departed Carr and Mo
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Paea is an underrated FA pickup...he is the flogger 1 tech we have needed for a while and his pushing the pocket is a nice bonus.
No kidding. Really surprised when the Skins cut him. And surprised again when the Browns cut him.

Guess they dont like Kiwis...
Assassin
one side note. Duke Thomas, the UFA CB was playing pretty well. His injury might open the door for our draftee Marquez White, who wasnt playing quite as well. Both were end of the CB roster bubble guys
Assassin
Kony Ealy should have cleared waivers right about now if the reporting was correct.

HOWEVER, with Hitchens going down for the season, we may be looking at a LB instead.

Plus, Duke Thomas the CB is down for right now. Already think with Awuzie and Lewis not healthy.

Lots of moving parts
Assassin
While I was writing the last post, this came in from Broadus

Assassin
With Hitchens out and Wilsons suspension, Broadus expects Durant, Smith and Nezocha to get a lot of playing time
Assassin
Broadus is waiting at The Star for word on Hitchens. He says that both Jerry and Stephen said that Durant would start over Jaylon Smith if Hitchens is done for the year. They dont want Smith to reinjure that leg - he will only be in for 15 or so plays a game for the time being
Assassin
Starting middle linebacker Anthony Hitchens suffered a tibial plateau fracture in his right knee and will need eight weeks to recover, according to a source. The team feared Saturday he suffered a torn ACL, which would have been season ending.
--
better than the alternative. But he's not gonna be in football shape when he comes back.
Assassin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibial_plateau_fracture
BearForce
Assassin said:

Starting middle linebacker Anthony Hitchens suffered a tibial plateau fracture in his right knee and will need eight weeks to recover, according to a source. The team feared Saturday he suffered a torn ACL, which would have been season ending.
--
better than the alternative. But he's not gonna be in football shape when he comes back.

Beat me to it
Assassin
they are really looking hard at Noah and Brian Brown

BearForce
Assassin said:

Jets claimed him
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/27/jets-claim-kony-ealy/
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Jets claimed him

wow. thats not one of the teams I would think needed him. They've been trying to trade Richardson for over a year
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Jets claimed him

wow. thats not one of the teams I would think needed him. They've been trying to trade Richardson for over a year

Him and Richardson are cousins
Assassin
CB Duke Thomas suffered a high ankle sprain and MCL injury against the Raiders.

Offensive lineman Chaz Green's ankle injury in the game will likely keep him out this coming week, but he could be back the week after.
Assassin
Cowboys push back their practice to 5:00 Monday at Ford Center at The Star...Tuesday remains 10:45am...both free & open to public.
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

no way!

Oh my gosh!!! ^&&%$$%%^^& What now?

BearForce
BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

no way!

Oh my gosh!!! ^&&%$$%%^^& What now?

You are behind...keep reading.
First Page Last Page
Page 13 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.