Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,083,755 Views | 29560 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by trumpetbear
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
take a shot at a guy coming off ACL? Bears Cam Meridith http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/14/dallas-cowboys-cam-meredith-chicago-bears-free-agency-2018-nfl-dez-bryant-offer-sheet/
Assassin
From the wire - NFC East updates:

DALLAS COWBOYS
DeMarcus Lawrence, DE, franchise tagged, (One year: $17.143 million)
Brian Price, DT, re-signed, (Two years: $1.35 million)

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
Michael Bennett, DE, trade with Seahawks, (sent WR Marcus Johnson and 2018 fifth-round pick + received 2018 seventh-rounder in return as well)
Daryl Worley, CB, via trade with Panthers, (sent WR Torrey Smith)
Haloti Ngata, DT, free agent, (One year, terms undisclosed)
Corey Nelson, LB, free agent, (One year, undisclosed)
Nigel Bradham, LB, re-signed ($8 million per year)

NEW YORK GIANTS
Nate Solder, LT, free agent, (terms undisclosed)
Alec Ogletree, LB, via trade with Rams, (sent 2018 fourth and sixth-round picks, received 2019 seventh-rounder in return as well)
John Greco, OG, re-signed, (One year $1.015 million)
Mark Herzlich, LB, re-signed, (undisclosed)
Jon Halapio, OG, re-signed, (undisclosed)

WASHINGTON REDSKINS
Alex Smith, QB, via trade with Chiefs, (sent CB Kendall Fuller and a 2018 third-round pick + signed Smith to four-year $94 million extension through 2022)
Paul Richardson, WR, free agent, (Five years, $40 million)
Mason Foster, LB, re-signed, (Two years, $4 million)
Dustin Hopkins, K, re-signed, (undisclosed)
Deshazor Everett, CB, re-signed, (undisclosed)
Assassin
Kinda feels like the Seahawks are blowing up their team. Wonder if they cut Earl Thomas? Guessing we would be be all in on him if they did. Hes due $8.5 mil this season
BearForce
Assassin said:

For the life of me, I dont see how the Cowboys were in the mix for Sammy Watkins. We're butt up against the cap

No idea but apparently it was serious.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

For the life of me, I dont see how the Cowboys were in the mix for Sammy Watkins. We're butt up against the cap

3 years, $48M with $30M fully guaranteed at signing - thats a lot of goo-goo for a guy that caught 39 of 70 targets for 593 yards last season
Assassin
I think Dallas thought he was probably gonna get something about half that, $8mil per instead of $16
Assassin
Now Honey Badger is someone I would be interested in:

Cardinals released DB Tyrann Mathieu.

The Cardinals wanted Mathieu to either take a pay cut or restructure his contract, but the Honey Badger stood firm and forced the team to release him. The Cardinals will save $4.8 million against the cap with the move or $11 million if they designate Mathieu as a post-June 1 cut. Mathieu doesn't turn 26 until May and should have a hot market after he led the NFL in snaps in 2017 and played all 16 games. His play has a dipped a bit in recent years, however.
Assassin
This is absolutely amazing. DE is not a position of longevity usually:

Panthers re-signed DE Julius Peppers to a one-year, $5 million contract.

Peppers will return for his age-38 season and has shown few signs of wearing down. He's only missed two games since entering the league as the No. 2 overall pick in 2002 and recorded 11 sacks across 499 snaps last season. Peppers is recovering from shoulder surgery and likely won't do much this offseason before being ready to go for Week 1 as a pure pass rusher.
Franko
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Some speculate that if Dallas could have reached a deal with him, they would release Dez to free up cap space for the deal.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Assassin
Franko said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Some speculate that if Dallas could have reached a deal with him, they would release Dez to free up cap space for the deal.
Makes a little more sense. I think we gain $8mil with Dez release, if I remember correctly
Assassin
whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports the Cowboys and Seahawks are interested in free agent Ndamukong Suh.
Suh's release didn't become official until Wednesday, so rumors were few and far between during the legal tampering period. Suh is the best player remaining on the open market, and though he was overpriced in Miami, he was still extremely effective. Headed into his age-31 season, Suh has never missed a game with injury, only suspension.

Source: Dianna Russini on Twitter
Mar 14 - 5:19 PM
BearForce
Assassin said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Makes a little more sense. I think we gain $8mil with Dez release, if I remember correctly

Same thought process with Allen Robinson but Chicago got him.
BearForce
Assassin said:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports the Cowboys and Seahawks are interested in free agent Ndamukong Suh.
Suh's release didn't become official until Wednesday, so rumors were few and far between during the legal tampering period. Suh is the best player remaining on the open market, and though he was overpriced in Miami, he was still extremely effective. Headed into his age-31 season, Suh has never missed a game with injury, only suspension.

BS
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

BS
Bolshevik?
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

BS
Bolshevik?

Bullspit
Assassin
Assassin
Browns All Pro LT Joe Thomas just retired. That might put them in line for McGlinchey or Connor Williams in Rd 1. With our needs and the way FA is going, not sure that we would have want for an OT in Rd 1. Should push someone to us
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
C Travis Frederick will restructure his deal to help clear up roughly 7.5M in cap space for the #Cowboys per source informed
Assassin
Assassin said:

Now Honey Badger is someone I would be interested in:

Cardinals released DB Tyrann Mathieu.

The Cardinals wanted Mathieu to either take a pay cut or restructure his contract, but the Honey Badger stood firm and forced the team to release him. The Cardinals will save $4.8 million against the cap with the move or $11 million if they designate Mathieu as a post-June 1 cut. Mathieu doesn't turn 26 until May and should have a hot market after he led the NFL in snaps in 2017 and played all 16 games. His play has a dipped a bit in recent years, however.
Cards offered $11mil per before he was cut according to Jason LaCanfora. Out of our price range methinks
Assassin
Cowboys declined tender offer to Keith Smith. Hope to bring him back but he could hit the road
Assassin
Assassin
Ndamukong Suh - DL - Free Agent
NFL Network's Jane Slater reports the Cowboys are "out" on free agent Ndamukong Suh.
We're not sure the Cowboys have even been "in" on a single free agent this week. Suh admitted he's chasing the biggest paycheck he can get and is headed to New Orleans on a visit Friday. The Seahawks have also been linked to Suh, but Seattle likely prefers re-signing Sheldon Richardson to Suh.
Related: Cowboys

Source: Jane Slater on Twitter
Mar 15 - 4:13 PM
Assassin
Raiders signed FB Keith Smith, formerly of the Cowboys, to a two-year, $4.2 million contract.

Smith was a restricted free agent, but the Cowboys didn't tender him an offer. A converted linebacker, Smith wasn't a particularly effective lead blocker in Dallas. Oakland is scrounging because true fullbacks are fewer and farther between these days.
Assassin
Assassin
Per Jane Slater of NFLN, RB Alfred Morris won't return to Dallas, as several teams are interested in him.
BaylorProud77
Well I hate to hear that. I don't know if he was productive enough last year but liked him
BaylorProud77
I kinda would have liked to have him. Big bucks though
Assassin
The Dallas Cowboys acquired linebacker Jayrone Elliott on Sept. 3, 2017 in a trade for a conditional pick in 2018.
He dressed for the season-opening win against the New York Giants but was inactive in the Week 2 loss to the Denver Broncos. By Sept. 19, he was no longer on the team and the trade with the Green Bay Packers was voided. But Elliott collected an extra $293.20 through the NFL's performance-based pay system from his time with the Cowboys: all of one snap on special teams against the Giants.
Assassin
quite amazing to see this. Jets re-signed CB Morris Claiborne to a one-year, $7 million contract.
GoldMind
Assassin said:

quite amazing to see this. Jets re-signed CB Morris Claiborne to a one-year, $7 million contract.

Got a 9 on his wonderlic. I still giggle.
Gust Avrakotos
Assassin said:

From the wire - NFC East updates:

DALLAS COWBOYS
DeMarcus Lawrence, DE, franchise tagged, (One year: $17.143 million)
Brian Price, DT, re-signed, (Two years: $1.35 million)

We finally did something right and made a strategic move that will help our future. Can't believe we got the franchise tag right on DeMarcus.
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

Got a 9 on his wonderlic. I still giggle.
Mo C!
Assassin
Assassin said:

Watkins is headed to the Chiefs, Robinson is headed to the Bears, Richardson is headed to the Redskins and Wilson and Amendola are headed to the Dolphins. Browns traded for Jarvis Landry. Chicago, Miami, and Washington all pick ahead of the Cowboys in the draft, so the fact that they nabbed new wideouts is a very good thing for us. So that leaves the Ravens ahead of us what want a WR. GM loves Bama players - Ridley there?

Could leave us with Maryland's DJ Moore. 4.43 at the combine, 11-foot broad jump, 39.5-inch vertical leap. This past season - 80 receptions, 1,033 yards and eight touchdowns with four different quarterbacks
and just like that...

Michael Crabtree - WR - Ravens
Ravens signed Michael Crabtree to a three-year, $21 million contract.
This was an obvious fit after the Raiders dumped Crabtree for Jordy Nelson. Crabtree had a dropoff while playing through injuries in 2017 but is still one of the best route runners in the league. After sharing the spotlight with Amari Cooper, Crabtree will be the clear No. 1 option in Baltimore. He should see an increase from the 101 targets he saw last year his lowest total since 2014. The Ravens are a run-first offense, but Crabtree will remain a threat for double-digit touchdowns.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 16 - 6:08 PM
--------------------------------
Could Ridley drop to 19?
First Page Last Page
Page 135 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.