Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,081,854 Views | 29560 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by trumpetbear
GoldMind
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

giants would be screwed if ODL wasnt on the field:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports contract-year WR Odell Beckham "will not set foot on a field without a new contract." Beckham is scheduled to make $8.459 million on the fifth and final year of his rookie deal. Following a season ruined by injury, the receiver understandably wants more security, but it is unclear if the Giants are willing to offer it. On Sunday, owner John Mara refused to rule out trading Beckham while saying he is "tired of answering questions" about the receiver's off-field behavior. While it would be a terrible move for the Giants, a Beckham trade cannot be ruled out at this point.

Idk what to think of this dude. I really don't.
At the annual NFL Owners Meetings, Giants owner John Mara stated he "can't answer that one way or another" when asked if he foresaw a scenario where Odell Beckham didn't play for the Giants next season. "We're certainly not shopping him if that's what you're asking," Mara continued. "But again, when you're coming off a season where you're 3-13 and played as poorly as we played, I wouldn't say that anybody is untouchable." Although any trade scenarios are likely overblown, what is clear is that the Giants front office has dwindling patience for Beckham in the wake of his viral video that surfaced earlier this month. Beckham is due $8.459 million in the final year of his rookie deal this season and it's possible long-term negotiations are stalled further if Mara's patience has grown thin.
Exactly
Franko
Perhaps one reason they signed two receivers:

2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Assassin
Franko said:

boy those are some nasty replies beneath that Tweet
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

NFC East stuff:

SiriusXM's Adam Caplan reports DE Chris Long told the Eagles he will play in 2018. Long reportedly considered retirement, but he will be back after the Eagles guaranteed his salary last week. Assuming Michael Bennett is able to play, Long might have to accept a smaller role moving forward.

I'm thinking Bennett will have a suspension to serve considering what Zeke endured.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Franko said:

Nasty, yes....true, yes
Franko
Assassin said:

Franko said:

I giggled at the hands replacement surgery comment.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
BearForce
Franko said:

Assassin said:

Franko said:

I giggled at the hands replacement surgery comment.

Hard not to laugh at that...
Assassin
gotta say, didnt think we would be able to do much with our cap situation. They set everything up for Romos last few years... however;

O:
Thinking we improved at swing tackle without a doubt. We may even have a new starter if Tyron goes out or they like the Collins move back to OG with Fleming. Upgraded at LG and backup C with Martin.

Status quo on Wilbur for Joe Thomas

I think the Keith Smith for Jamize Olawale is a wash right now. We shall see how that turns out.

Biggest improvement definately WR. Thomas for Butler would be a wash at worst but maybe more upside. Hurns however, is currently Dez Lite. Maybe old Dez if he and Dak hit it off.

D:
Big loss with Hitchens but there are replacements in house (Wilson?) and maybe a LB in FA or draft they might get us by. A Rd 1 or 2 LB might even be as good. Maybe better down the road.

Wasnt really counting on Orlando Scandrick. I think we'll be just fine with the folks in house.

Hopefully we pickup a S in FA and one early in the draft rounds

I think the Keith Smith for Jamize Olawale is a wash right now. We shall see how that turns out.

IMO of course which is almost always correct (except when it isnt...)
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

gotta say, didnt think we would be able to do much with our cap situation. They set everything up for Romos last few years... however;

O:
Thinking we improved at swing tackle without a doubt. We may even have a new starter if Tyron goes out or they like the Collins move back to OG with Fleming. Upgraded at LG and backup C with Martin.

Biggest improvement definately WR. Thomas for Butler would be a wash at worst but maybe more upside. Hurns however, is currently Dez Lite. Maybe old Dez if he and Dak hit it off.

D:
Big loss with Hitchens but there are replacements in house (Wilson?) and maybe a LB in FA or draft they might get us by. A Rd 1 or 2 LB might even be as good. Maybe better down the road.

Wasnt really counting on Orlando Scandrick. I think we'll be just fine with the folks in house.

Hitchens long term replacement is in the draft I think as well as the Sean Lee insurance plan.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

O:

D:

Hitchens long term replacement is in the draft I think as well as the Sean Lee insurance plan.
Agree.
Assassin
Speaking Monday, Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones said OL La'el Collins could move back to left guard in 2018.
Collins was ineffective as the Cowboys' right tackle in 2017. The 'Boys recently signed Cameron Fleming as a potential bookend to Tyron Smith. The job now appears to be Fleming's to lose if he turns in a solid offseason. Collins turns 25 in July.
Source: David Moore on Twitter
Mar 26 - 2:43 PM

Assassin
Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones says Jason Witten is "all in" for 2018.
Witten was drawing television interest earlier this month but recently restructured his contract, telegraphing he will be back for a 16th season. Coming off his lowest yardage total since his rookie season in 2003, Witten turns 36 in May.
Source: Rob Phillips on Twitter
Mar 26 - 2:00 PM
Assassin
Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones says the team "still needs" to talk to Dez Bryant about his contract.
Jones apparently also "left the door open" for the Cowboys to take a receiver at No. 19 overall. The Cowboys are publicly putting the squeeze on a player they want to slash his $12.5 million salary. Bryant's outright release would seem to be on the table. Bryant turns 30 in November.
Source: David Moore on Twitter
Mar 26 - 1:38 PM
Assassin
Terrance Williams is recovering from a broken right foot and is questionable for the offseason program.
The injury occurred in the offseason, and Williams went under the knife four weeks ago. Williams is going to miss "some time" in the offseason program. Foot injuries can be tricky, especially for receivers, so we would consider Williams questionable for training camp. It's the last thing the receiver-thin Cowboys needed as they prepare for a contract standoff with Dez Bryant. 28-year-old Williams is coming off the most mediocre campaign of his career.
Source: Todd Archer on Twitter
Mar 26 - 1:23 PM

Assassin
I think Bowman could be a nice rotational LBr. If you remember he was going to visit us before signing iwth the Raiders 1 year/$3mil

Navorro Bowman - LB - Free Agent
Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie still hopes to re-sign free agent Navorro Bowman.
29-year-old Bowman has been greeted by a quiet market but was effective for the Raiders after coming over from San Francisco last season. Bowman has yet to take a formal visit or be linked to any teams.
Related: Raiders

Source: Paul Gutierrez on Twitter
Mar 26 - 4:29 PM
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin said:

Terrance Williams is recovering from a broken right foot and is questionable for the offseason program.
The injury occurred in the offseason, and Williams went under the knife four weeks ago. Williams is going to miss "some time" in the offseason program. Foot injuries can be tricky, especially for receivers, so we would consider Williams questionable for training camp. It's the last thing the receiver-thin Cowboys needed as they prepare for a contract standoff with Dez Bryant. 28-year-old Williams is coming off the most mediocre campaign of his career.
Source: Todd Archer on Twitter
Mar 26 - 1:23 PM
offseason surgery to repair a broken fifth metatarsal in his foot, sources told ESPN.
BaylorProud77
I didn't find it to be a gut laughing comment
BaylorProud77
That big ole boy from Miami just signed with the Rams. Lolololo
BaylorProud77
Well y'all know his name ha
BearForce
BaylorProud77 said:

I didn't find it to be a gut laughing comment

You have a gut?
BaylorProud77
No! Lololololol
BearForce
Assassin
As the draft nears, safety is one potential area of need since Byron Jones seems likely to get a look at cornerback.
Quote:

"There's a thought process we could still use a free safety if the right guy were out there," Stephen Jones said, "but up to this point we haven't really seen anything that makes any sense to us (scheme wise)."
BearForce
Assassin said:

As the draft nears, safety is one potential area of need since Byron Jones seems likely to get a look at cornerback.
Quote:

"There's a thought process we could still use a free safety if the right guy were out there," Stephen Jones said, "but up to this point we haven't really seen anything that makes any sense to us (scheme wise)."

Sounds more and more like we will be looking for a Safety day 1 or 2.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Quote:

yep. Kinda surprising with so many vet safeties out there
Assassin
Jones disagreed with the perception that the Cowboys sat out the first week of free agency, merely waiting for the market to settle. But they have continued their philosophy of signing players who can help them, and at the same time, won't hurt their salary cap flexibility.

Quote:

"We were looking at some options. Those didn't work out," Jones said. "We're convicted about where we feel like we should be on certain players and what their values are, and we stick with that."
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Quote:

They must not like any of them since we haven't sniffed any of the free agents or we might be waiting to low ball them just before or after the draft.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Quote:

They must not like any of them since we haven't sniffed any of the free agents or we might be waiting to low ball them just before or after the draft.
Could well be. Tre Boston or K Vaccaro are my two thoughts. Reid will probably be a bit too high
Assassin
Assassin
Allen Hurns says he will be wearing #17 in tribute to the victims of the Stoneman Douglas shooting, "17 people lost their lives so I made that decision"
BaylorProud77
That's sweet. I also want him to catch the ball and head for end zone. Then I'll shoot my gun off in celebration lololol not really. Just score.
BaylorProud77
Ok assassin I'll give you star. That really wasn't nice of me lololol
Assassin
  • Jones said newly-signed Cameron Fleming is "very capable" of playing right tackle next season if the Cowboys choose to move La'el Collins back to guard. That decision has not been made. The team plans to let competition dictate the best five linemen who will start. But Jones said the Cowboys signed the 25-year-old Fleming because "he really gave us the (position) flex we really wanted to have." Fleming has 20 career starts at tackle and guard, including the AFC Championship Game and Super Bowl LII for New England at right tackle last season.
  • While Jones is pleased with the team's added depth on the line the team also signed four-year veteran interior lineman Marcus Martin and re-signed center/guard Joe Looney he acknowledged that Pro Bowl left tackle Tyron Smith's health is critical. Smith has dealt with back issues at times in his career, and last season he missed three games and most of a fourth with knee and groin injuries. "I think we've got every reason to think that he's going to be healthy enough to endure through a campaign and have a better injury situation than he did last year," Jones said. "Nothing indicates that what last year is, is what this year is going to be."
Assassin
Yahoo Sports' Jordan Schultz stated matter-of-factly that he anticipates the Cowboys will release Dez Bryant after the draft.
"The Cowboys will cut Dez Bryant, after the draft, but make no mistake -- they will cut him," Schultz tweeted Tuesday. As of two weeks ago, the Cowboys had reportedly yet to approach Bryant about taking a pay cut from the scheduled $12.5 million salary he's set to earn in 2018. But on Monday, EVP Stephen Jones said a talk with Bryant "still needs" to happen. The Cowboys recently added Allen Hurns and are apparently open to taking a receiver early in next month's draft. Bryant carries a $16.5 million cap number, and Dallas can clear $12.5 million by making him a post-June 1 cut. The 29-year-old would not struggle to find a new team.
Source: Jordan Schultz on Twitter
Mar 27 - 8:21 PM
First Page Last Page
Page 142 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.