Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,089,715 Views | 29564 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Riggins, Idaho vs Lorena, Texas - definitely goobers
Gust Avrakotos
BearForce said:

Am I the only one that hates the three day draft format?
No...I freaking hate it. I remember the days when the draft was 12 rounds in one day.
Assassin
Pats bypassed the QBs. dang. Thought they were in love with Lamar Jackson
Assassin
Cam is gonna love DJ Moore.
Gust Avrakotos
Assassin said:

They like Mason Rudolph too.
BearForce
And Wynn gone too...good run on OG
Assassin
Gust Avrakotos said:

Assassin said:

They like Mason Rudolph too.
Brady hasnt told them if hes coming back foe 2018 yet. Thought that might force their hand
Franko
I know I'm a broken record, but time to go get Earl Thomas.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Wish we had another pick right now for Will Hernandez. He would fit righti into this OL
Assassin
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wish we had another pick right now for Will Hernandez. He would fit righti into this OL
I dont think Hernandez will make it to 50. But if we decide that OG is our biggest need, keep an eye on Austin Corbet. 6'4, 310 from Nevada. A little short armed for OT but just fine for OG - can also play some C
BearForce
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I dont think Hernandez will make it to 50. But if we decide that OG is our biggest need, keep an eye on Austin Corbet. 6'4, 310 from Nevada. A little short armed for OT but just fine for OG - can also play some C

If he makes it...OT has to be in play too.
Assassin
So 24 more picks to us. And the next highest 24 players...

James Daniels
Iowa
OG

Taven Bryan
Florida
DT

Mike Hughes
UCF
CB

Will Hernandez
UTEP
OG

Harold Landry
Boston College
OLB

Josh Jackson
Iowa
CB

Lamar Jackson
Louisville
QB

Sony Michel
Georgia
RB

Nick Chubb
Georgia
RB

Derrius Guice
LSU
RB

Dallas Goedert
South Dakota State
TE

Connor Williams
Texas
OG

Justin Reid
Stanford
S

Austin Corbett
Nevada
OG

Ronnie Harrison
Alabama
S

Christian Kirk
Texas A&M
WR

Harrison Phillips
Stanford
DT

Courtland Sutton
SMU
WR

Donte Jackson
LSU
CB

Anthony Miller
Memphis
WR

Rashaad Penny
San Diego State
RB

D.J. Chark
LSU
WR

Uchenna Nwosu
USC
OLB

James Washington
Oklahoma State
WR
BearForce
Ridley to Atlanta
BearForce
Seattle picks Rashad Perry?
Assassin
the more I think about LVE, the more I like the draft by position and by player. My pet dawg jumped the fence (Vea) and we almost snagged a stray (James). We really only had 2 LBs in a 4-3 scheme. Losing Hitchens pretty much painted us into a corner.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Seattle picks Rashad Perry?
ahead of Michal, Chubb, Guice and Jones
Franko
I would prefer Bryan or Harold at 50. But it Courtland Sutton falls that far, he would be hard to pass up.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Assassin
    Todd ArcherESPN Staff Writer
Breaking down the Dallas Cowboys' 2018 draft class.
Round 1, No. 19 overall: Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise State

My take: The Cowboys had their eyes on Vander Esch for some time in the draft process. They had a private workout with him, and they brought him to The Star for a pre-draft visit. He was incredibly productive last season with 141 tackles, three interceptions and four sacks. With the loss of Anthony Hitchens to free agency and the injury questions around Sean Leeand Jaylon Smith, Vander Esch gives the Cowboys a ton of flexibility. While some teams might have had questions about Vander Esch's neck following a 2016 injury, the Cowboys were not worried. At the start, he can play middle linebacker but he can play both the weak and strong sides. Not to raise the expectations on him, but defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli had Brian Urlacher during his time with the Chicago Bears.

No deal: Evidently Jerry Jones was pleased to let AT&T Stadium be the star of the first night of the draft with more than 100,000 fans in Arlington, Texas. As Derwin James and Tremaine Edmunds fell closer to the Cowboys than expected, Jones stood pat. The Cowboys have 10 picks, so they have the draft collateral to make a move but either the price was too high or the Cowboys trusted their football people again. They did that when they took Zack Martin in 2014 over Johnny Manziel. They had the top receivers in their sights as well but passed on Calvin Ridley and D.J. Moore.

College connection: The Cowboys certainly like Boise State players. In 2008, they drafted Orlando Scandrick in the fifth round and he spent 10 seasons with the club. In 2012, they drafted Tyrone Crawford in the third round and he has been a starter since his third season. In 2014, they traded up to get DeMarcus Lawrence in the second round and he had his breakout season in 2017 with 14.5 sacks and a Pro Bowl bid. The Cowboys like the chip-on-the-shoulder attitude Boise State players have and that's the type of defense Marinelli and passing game coordinator Kris Richard want to have.

What's next: The Cowboys have the 50th overall pick as they look to the second round on Friday. That's where they could find their receiver, like SMU's Courtland Sutton if he is available. It is possible the Cowboys could look to trade up in the round for the receiver if a run starts at the position.
Assassin
who was that, that presented the Steeler #1 pick? Familiar face but I cant place it. Looked like he might have MS or something similar
Assassin
Broadus report on LVE:

A full breakdown of the Cowboys' first-round draft pick (No. 19 overall) Thursday night:Read
  • Name: Leighton Vander Esch
  • Position: Linebacker
  • College: Boise State
  • Height/Weight: 6-4/256

The Rundown:
The first player in Boise State history to win Mountain West Player of the Year, Vander Esch had a breakout season in 2017 with four sacks and a conference-best 141 tackles. The former walk-on posted only 47 tackles in his first two college seasons but showed star potential in his first and only year as a starter. Vander Esch is the fourth Boise State player drafted by the Cowboys since 2008: Orlando Scandrick (now with Washington), Tyrone Crawford and DeMarcus Lawrence.

How He Fits In:
Linebacker has been a top need for the Cowboys this offseason after starting middle linebacker Anthony Hitchens left for Kansas City in free agency. The Cowboys signed Joe Thomas to help offset the free-agent loss of Kyle Wilber, and they're confident in Jaylon Smith's progress. But Vander Esch adds depth as a starting-caliber player who can play all three linebacker positions. Remember, defensive captain Sean Lee also missed time last year with injuries.

• Best trait is his ability to play with range. No question that he can get from sideline to sideline. Flows to the ball.
  • Will run through when he finds the ball. Knows where he needs to fill.
  • There are snaps where he tackles as a half man. Would like to see him take on more square. Will miss with his hands. Has to be careful not to overrun.
  • Quick reactions when he sees it. Trip up the ball carrier in space. Has some redirection skills. Not always aware against blocks. Times where you see him get cracked or trapped.
  • Best when he can play on the move. This is his way of avoiding blockers. Has a feel for how to play in coverage. Nice drops and reactions. Ball skills for interceptions. Can carry the back in the flat or up the field.
  • Attacks the pocket as a blitzer. Can be disruptive. Physically an impressive linebacker. Has the ability to line up in all the spots. Feel like his best position is at the MIKE.
  • Retrace his steps. Will take on blockers. Can close on ball in front. Will step up to tackle. Doesn't have much pop. Will shoot the gap. Will get his head around in coverage.
  • Like to see him finish better. Movement is good. Needs to be more physical.

RELATED TAGS
Franko
Assassin said:

who was that, that presented the Steeler #1 pick? Familiar face but I cant place it. Looked like he might have MS or something similar

Ryan Shazier. Paralyzed last year.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
BearForce
RB run...nice
Assassin
Franko said:

Assassin said:

Ryan Shazier. Paralyzed last year.
thats right. dang. One pick from being a Cowboy too
BearForce
How is Landry still there? Must be a story...
Assassin
Gotta get up early tomorrow. 740am with the Pain Dr in Waco and 11am with my dentist in Dallas. Not sure what all he is gonna do.

Will probably head back to the Wack afterward but taking my laptop in case he drugs me good.

BearForce
Lamar Jackson to Baltimore
Assassin
there goes Lamar to the Ravens
Assassin
We're pick 18 I think in Rd 2. Here are the next 25 best available:

James Daniels
Iowa
C

Will Hernandez
UTEP
OG

Harold Landry
Boston College
OLB

Josh Jackson
Iowa
CB

Nick Chubb
Georgia
RB

Derrius Guice
LSU
RB

Dallas Goedert
South Dakota State
TE

Connor Williams
Texas
OG

Justin Reid
Stanford
S

Austin Corbett
Nevada
OG

Ronnie Harrison
Alabama
S

Christian Kirk
Texas A&M
WR

Harrison Phillips
Stanford
DT

Courtland Sutton
SMU
WR

Donte Jackson
LSU
CB

Anthony Miller
Memphis
WR

D.J. Chark
LSU
WR

Uchenna Nwosu
USC
OLB

James Washington
Oklahoma State
WR

Mike Gesicki
Penn State
TE

Lorenzo Carter
Georgia
OLB

Jessie Bates III
Wake Forest
S

Isaiah Oliver
Colorado
CB

Tyrell Crosby
Oregon
OT

Ronald Jones II
USC
RB
Assassin

by position - TEs

Dallas Goedert
South Dakota State

Mike Gesicki
Penn Sta

Mark Andrews
Oklahoma

Chris Herndon
Miami

Ian Thomas
Indiana

Tyler Conklin
Central Michigan

Jordan Akins
UCF

Will Dissly
Washington

Troy Fumagalli
Wisconsin

Ryan Izzo
Florida Sta

Assassin

by position - DT:

Harrison Phillips
Stanford

B.J. Hill
NC State

Nathan Shepherd
Fort Hays State

Derrick Nnadi
Florida State

Mo Hurst
Michigan

Deadrin Senat
South Florida

Tim Settle
Virginia Tech

RJ McIntosh
Miami

Folorunso Fatukasi
UConn

Hercules Mata'afa
Washington State
Assassin
by position - OG;

Will Hernandez
UTEP

Connor Williams
Texas

Austin Corbett
Nevada

Braden Smith
Auburn

Wyatt Teller
Virginia Tech

Colby Gossett
Appalachian State

Sean Welsh
Iowa

Sam Jones
Arizona State

Jeromy Irwin
Colorado

Assassin
by position WR:

Christian Kirk
Texas A&M

Courtland Sutton
SMU

Anthony Miller
Memphis

D.J. Chark
LSU

James Washington
Oklahoma State

Dante Pettis
Washington

DaeSean Hamilton
Penn State

Tre'Quan Smith
UCF

Daurice Fountain
Northern Iowa

Deon Cain
Clemson

Allen Lazard
Iowa State
BearForce
Love Phillips
Assassin
by position DE:

Rasheem Green
USC

Sam Hubbard
Ohio State

Josh Sweat
Florida State

Kemoko Turay
Rutgers

Breeland Speaks
Ole Miss

Jalyn Holmes
Ohio State

Tyquan Lewis
Ohio State

Arn Key
LSU

Andrew Brown
Virginia

Da'Shawn Hand
Alabama
Assassin
BearForce said:

Love Phillips
He's really intersting. Guessing we will know if we have a 50 soon enough
First Page Last Page
Page 157 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.