Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,081,470 Views | 29557 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by BearForce
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
David HelmanVerified account @HelmanDC 10h10 hours ago

Stephen Jones confirms that the Cowboys had a "big conversation" about moving back into the third round. Cowboys decided that two players tomorrow are better than one tonight. #cowboyswire
Assassin
Was there any more talk about Earl Thomas yesterday that I missed?
Wichitabear
So sorry about the pain. I always wondered how much pain that would be to have that done. Ouch
Assassin
Micheal Gallup highlites
Franko
ICYMI, here is a really good article on Vander Esch. I was not thrilled with the pick. But after reading this article, I feel better about it.

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nfl/2018/4/24/17273966/leighton-vander-esch-draft-prospect-profile-boise-state?__twitter_impression=true
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Franko
Do we take a chance on Mo Hurst and his heart condition today? How about Griffin and his lack of a hand? I say yes to both.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Assassin
FC East

[url=https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/teams?team=DAL][/url]
Dallas Cowboys
Draft picks: Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch (No. 19 overall), Texas OG Connor Williams (No. 50 overall), Colorado State WR Michael Gallup (No. 81 overall).
Day 1 grade: A-
Day 2 grade: A
Overall grade: A-
The skinny: Vander Esch is a talented off-the-ball linebacker who can move on the outside and slip tackles inside to find the ball. The Cowboys needed to bolster the position, but should they have found a pass-catcher here instead given their dire need at the position and having their pick of the best? It's a good pick -- if his neck truly is not a problem. Williams will likely play guard for the Cowboys. He'll join a nasty group up front and has the talent to make Pro Bowls. They found a future starter at receiver with Gallup. His progress as a rookie will have a large effect on how the passing offense performs in 2018.

[url=https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/teams?team=NYG][/url]
New York Giants
Draft picks: Penn State RB Saquon Barkley (No. 2 overall), UTEP OG Will Hernandez (No. 34 overall), Georgia LB Lorenzo Carter (No. 66 overall), N.C. State DT B.J. Hill (No. 69 overall).
Day 1 grade: A-
Overall grade: A-
The skinny: Saquon Barkley was the No. 1 prospect on many teams' boards. Pass rusher Bradley Chubb, taken by Denver three spots later, could prove to be a better investment with this pick because of the attrition at running back, but there's no blaming them for taking Barkley. Hernandez is a brute of a left guard who will lead the way for Barkley. They had signed a couple of veterans inside, but Hernandez was good value near the top of the second round. Carter can play off the ball in coverage and against the run. He'll need to show the Giants he is committed football. Hill will disrupt things for offenses from his defensive tackle position.

[url=https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/teams?team=PHI][/url]
Philadelphia Eagles
Draft picks: South Dakota State TE Dallas Goedert (No. 49 overall).
Day 1 grade: A
Overall grade: A
The skinny: General Manager Howie Roseman took advantage of other teams ignoring Lamar Jacksonby trading out of the first round so Baltimore could select him. He grabbed the Ravens' 2019 second-round pick and moved up in the second round on Friday night to select a tight end they could have taken in the first round: Dallas Goedert. He'll be an outstanding player in the Jimmy Graham mold. The Eagleshad given up their second-round pick to the Browns to get Carson Wentz two years ago and traded away their third-rounder to Buffalo, giving them just two picks in the first three rounds.

[url=https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/teams?team=WAS][/url]
Washington Redskins
Draft picks: Alabama DT Da'Ron Payne (No. 13 overall), LSU RB Derrius Guice (No. 59 overall), Louisville OT Geron Christian (No. 74 overall).
Day 1 grade: B
Day 2 grade: A-
Overall grade: B+
The skinny: Payne wasn't overly productive in college, but his ability to stop the run was desperately needed for the league's worst run defense. If he continues to improve, he and former Tide teammate Jonathan Allen could be a great one-two punch. The Redskins took a chance on running back Derrius Guice, who was tough to tackle at the college level. They needed a true bellcow back in Washington, and now they have one who runs angry and will no doubt carry a large chip on his shoulder for dropping in the draft. Christian played both sides of the line in Bobby Petrino's offense at Louisville, and his athleticism made fans of scouts across the league. He'll have to up his game to handle the strength of pro defensive ends.
Assassin
Franko said:

Do we take a chance on Mo Hurst and his heart condition today? How about Griffin and his lack of a hand? I say yes to both.
Yes and Yes.

Hurst is easily my top ranked player. I thought we might take him in the 3rd. Not sure he will be there when we pick

Griffen has shown he is productive with only one hand. He's adapted well. I think he's a good 5th round prospect. could be a demon on special teams
Assassin
Assassin
My top pick of folks left on the board - Maurice Hurst. Hands down. No one else is close. And its at a position we need, DT. DeShawn Hand would be my backup, then Foley Fatukasi

I think we need to double dip on LBs. Josey Jewell would be my top pick. Primarily a Mike. Could be a rotational Sam

Ian Thomas is the top TE left. Dropoff after him.

not sure how they feel about the Edge guys bit Josh Sweat is still out there.

Lot and lots of 4th round type S. Marcus Allen, Dane Crukshank, Kaiser Whie and Armani Watts.

Bearforce and I both like WR Allen Lazard. Guessing the 5th round
Assassin
Picks left;

4-16-116 Dallas
4-37-137 Dallas
5-34-171 Dallas
6-18-192 Dallas
6-19-193 Dallas
6-34-208 Dallas
7-18-236 Dallas
Franko
Assassin said:

Picks left;

4-16-116 Dallas
4-37-137 Dallas
5-34-171 Dallas
6-18-192 Dallas
6-19-193 Dallas
6-34-208 Dallas
7-18-236 Dallas

A lot of picks. Maybe time to package to move up (Hurst?).
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
Assassin
Franko said:

Assassin said:

Picks left;

4-16-116 Dallas
4-37-137 Dallas
5-34-171 Dallas
6-18-192 Dallas
6-19-193 Dallas
6-34-208 Dallas
7-18-236 Dallas

A lot of picks. Maybe time to package to move up (Hurst?).
not sure what the real deal is on his heart. If its marginal, I would be all over that
Assassin
The Cowboys enter the final day of the day with seven picks in Rounds 4-7 and executive vice president Stephen Jones said the team is prepared make all seven picks, including two in the fourth round. "It's going to be a big day for our football team in terms of adding young players that hopefully will make a difference," Jones said. "We all know where Dak Prescott came from. So this is maybe the most important day of our draft." Prescott was a fourth rounder in 2016.

Assassin
Spags was on the radio yesterday talking about the LBs and mentioned that Jaylon Smith was running full speed. backpedaling full speed and there was no hint the the dropstep that bothered him last year
Assassin
Assassin
cant remember the fellas name that is the main announcer for the Draft - just took over for Drew P. But I just keep expecting him to do the Carlton. Looks just like him
Assassin
there goes the TE. Ian Thomas off the board
Assassin
Browns took the troubled and drugged WR Antonio Callaway in the 4th. Hopefully he and Josh dont room together...
BearForce
Assassin said:

Schultz out of Stanford or the Wisconsin guy would be good picks at TE.
Assassin
oooooooooooo - there goes my top LB. Jewell to the Broncs
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

orr Herndon from Miami
Assassin
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

orr Herndon from Miami
well, there goes that one
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

orr Herndon from Miami

Who just went to the Jets
Assassin
folks I like left - DT Hurst and Hand and maybe Fatuski, Sweat - Edge, Allen, White and Watts S, Cain WR
BearForce
Assassin said:

folks I like left - DT Hurst and Hand and maybe Fatuski, Sweat - Edge, Allen, White and Watts S, Cain WR

Still early but would love to grab Allen Lazard.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Still early but would love to grab Allen Lazard.
Thinking he's a 5th or 6th round guy
BearForce
Cincy took Mark Walton out of the U who I loved...he would have been a true 3 down backup to Zeke for us.
Assassin
I know RB isnt our primary focus but there are seveal going off the boards. Not sure Ito lasts until the 6th/7th
BearForce
Assassin said:

I know RB isnt our primary focus but there are seveal going off the boards. Not sure Ito lasts until the 6th/7th

Well we did like the kid Nynes from NC St and we do need ones we only have Zeke and Smith.
BearForce
Denver takes DaeSean Hamilton....we was on our list.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Well we did like the kid Nynes from NC St and we do need ones we only have Zeke and Smith.
trey williams too
Assassin
BearForce said:

Denver takes DaeSean Hamilton....we was on our list.
one of our 30 visits I think
BearForce
Hmm, Detroit just traded up
BearForce
Oh nice, Hand the DE goes to Detroit
First Page Last Page
Page 161 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.