Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,076,566 Views | 29545 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

Packers signed Byron Bell. Wonder if they want Chaz Green too?

We can only hope...
BearForce
Assassin said:

ouch.. Terrance falling off his foldup bike. Dude was absolutely wasted

https://www.star-telegram.com/latest-news/article211874934.html

What were you two drinking that night?
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

He's baaaaaack... the lone member of the best draft class since the Dirty Dozen that didnt make the team is back in the fold:

Darius Jackson - RB - Cowboys
Cowboys signed RB Darius Jackson, LB Eric Pinkins, WR Mekale McKay, and DT Antwaun Woods.
DT DeQuinton Osborne and OG Jashon Robertson were waived to clear room. Jackson was a 2016 sixth-round pick by Dallas and had a decent preseason as a rookie but ended up getting cut and landing with the Browns.

May 30 - 10:33 AM

Well, well, well...and that is all I am going to say
Hes gonna have an uphill battle to make the squad. Rod Smith, Trey Williams and draftee Bo Scarbrough are in play behind Elliott.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

He's baaaaaack... the lone member of the best draft class since the Dirty Dozen that didnt make the team is back in the fold:

Darius Jackson - RB - Cowboys
Cowboys signed RB Darius Jackson, LB Eric Pinkins, WR Mekale McKay, and DT Antwaun Woods.
DT DeQuinton Osborne and OG Jashon Robertson were waived to clear room. Jackson was a 2016 sixth-round pick by Dallas and had a decent preseason as a rookie but ended up getting cut and landing with the Browns.

May 30 - 10:33 AM

Well, well, well...and that is all I am going to say
Hes gonna have an uphill battle to make the squad. Rod Smith, Trey Williams and draftee Bo Scarbrough are in play behind Elliott.

Competition is good
Wichitabear
Hmmmmmmm
Assassin
Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith has not worn his ankle-foot orthosis during OTAs.
Smith wore the brace last season to help with the drop-foot condition he picked up as a result of nerve damage from his 2016 knee injury. He apparently no longer needs the brace, however, and says he feels better than ever. "Everything just feels better, from my emotion to my quickness to my explosiveness to my overall knowledge of the game," Smith said. "I feel more free, being able to move truly, if you will." With Smith seemingly coming back better and first-rounder Leighton Vander Esch added to the mix, the Cowboys have the makings of a solid linebacker corps.

Source: Dallas Morning News
May 31 - 10:43 AM
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin said:

Thats some damn nice company
Assassin

Rob Maranelli hard at work
Gust Avrakotos
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

We can only hope...
Can you believe that we wasted a 3rd round pick on that guy? And we drafted him while he was injured too.

Man that one burns me up. I'd love to see what other picks went shortly after ours in the 3rd round that year.
BearForce
Gust Avrakotos said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

We can only hope...
Can you believe that we wasted a 3rd round pick on that guy? And we drafted him while he was injured too.

Man that one burns me up. I'd love to see what other picks went shortly after ours in the 3rd round that year.

I said it was a bad pick then and it still is...he was a 6th rounder at best.
Assassin
Travis Frederick has surrendered one sack over the past four seasons.

The end.
GoldMind
Assassin said:

The end.

Who was it that beat him?
Wichitabear
We have loss the ability to draft like we once did. Why, I have no idea. I'm sure there is more to this that I probably don't understand. But we are getting out done
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

The end.

Who was it that beat him?
The end?
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

We have loss the ability to draft like we once did. Why, I have no idea. I'm sure there is more to this that I probably don't understand. But we are getting out done
Not sure what you mean. We've had some of the best drafts in many a year over the past few years. A couple of top NFL All Pro starters in Zach Martin and DLaw from 2014, two more new starters this year from 2015 in B Jones and TE Swaim, probably the best draft since the Dirty Dozen in 2016 with the NFL RoY in Zeke, starting LB in J Smith, starting DT in Collins, backup DE in Tapper, starting QB and nearly NFL Offensive Player of the Year in Dak, starting slot CB in Brown, probable starting S in Frazier, Jackson is back with a shot at RB and of course Rico, from 2017 starting DE Taco, starting CB in Awuzzie, rotational CB in Lewis, X in the rotation at S and Noah Brown still on the roster at WR. And we have three probable starters from the 2018 draft right off the bat. Vander Esch at LB, Williams at LG, Gallup at Slot, plus three guys that might to very well in DE Armstrong, TE Schultz and back QB White.

Especially the past three years we have been kicking ass
Wichitabear
I wouldn't say we are kicking ass yet
GoldMind
Wichitabear said:

I wouldn't say we are kicking ass yet

What would it take for you to say we are kicking ass as it pertains to our drafting?
Assassin
from the Startlegram:

The Dallas Cowboys have just two postseason berths in seven full season under Jason Garrett. They didn't make it past the divisional round either season (2014 and 2016).

So maybe it shouldn't come as a surprise that Vegas oddsmakers aren't too high on the Cowboys' chances of turning it around in 2018.

The latest odds peg the Cowboys at 40-to-1 to snap what's become a 23-year Super Bowl drought, according to oddsmakers at www.SportsBettingDime.com.

Twelve teams have better odds than the Cowboys. The New England Patriots are the favorites at 7-to-1 followed by the reigning champion Philadelphia Eagles (9/1), Los Angeles Rams (11/1), Green Bay Packers (15/1) and Minnesota Vikings (16/1).

In fact, oddsmakers don't even view the Cowboys as a playoff team with seven NFC teams ahead of them in Super Bowl odds. Along with the Eagles, Rams, Packers and Vikings, the New Orleans Saints (18/1), Atlanta Falcons (26/1) and San Francisco 49ers (35/1) rank above the Cowboys.

Clearly, oddsmakers aren't banking on Dak Prescott to rebound from a sophomore slump or the new-look receiving and tight ends corps to do much. The defense isn't getting much more love even though they bolstered their unit with first-round pick Leighton Vander Esch.

The only Cowboys player listed in MVP odds is running back Ezekiel Elliott (55/1), significantly trailing quarterbacks such as Tom Brady (8/1), Aaron Rodgers (8/1) and Carson Wentz (12/1).

Other Cowboys of note listed among odds -- WR Michael Gallup as offensive rookie of the year (39/1); Vander Esch as defensive rookie of the year (22/1); Elliott as rushing champion (11/2); Garrett as first coach fired (19/1); former WR Dez Bryant (1/8) and former RB DeMarco Murray (1/3) being on an NFL roster by Week 1.
Assassin
Found another pic from back in 91 while going through some old boxes. I was down in Austin helping Thomas move into his new pad.

Assassin
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, barring a "major injury," free agent Dez Bryant will likely wait until training camp to sign.
Per Rapoport, Bryant has received numerous phone calls from interested teams but is waiting for the right fit. He wants to play for a winner and is hoping to rebuild his value by signing a one-year prove-it deal, something the Ravens weren't willing to offer earlier this offseason. The 29-year-old was let go by Dallas in mid-April.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jun 1 - 4:46 PM

Assassin
Wichitabear
Did y'all watch that Baylor game?!!!! We won and now Texas is beating A&M. What a wonderful day!
Wichitabear
Ok I know this is not the baseball board. But I just couldn't contain my excitement
Wichitabear
Ok today is not so wonderful. We loss
Assassin
Kyndricks signs with Browns. Would have been a nice rotational player
BearForce
Assassin said:

I think he probably, and rightfully, wanted to be a starter and that wasn't going to happen here.
BearForce
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/6/3/17420420/dallas-cowboys-roster-rod-smith-bo-scarbrough-and-darius-jackson-which-two-make-the-team

Nice article on the backup RB situation. Two things though that I think should be considered in this discussion is we have carried 4 running backs before (Zeke, DMac, Smith, and Morris) and secondly I think Jackson has the upper hand on Bo for the following reasons:

1. He has made this team once already and was only cut to make room for DMAC, which many of you know how I felt about that.

2. He can and has played special teams.

3. He has the same power as Bo but is even faster and has more hip wiggle.

Honestly, I see either all four sticking (Rod Smith is safe as he is experienced, plays special teams, can play FB, etc.) or Bo misses the final cut and they try to put him on the practice squad. In that way you have a good stable of backs going into the subsequent year where Rod Smith may not be on the roster as he will be a free agent who will get some looks.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I think he probably, and rightfully, wanted to be a starter and that wasn't going to happen here.
Eagles are gonna miss him.

we're not.
Assassin
BearForce said:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/6/3/17420420/dallas-cowboys-roster-rod-smith-bo-scarbrough-and-darius-jackson-which-two-make-the-team

Nice article on the backup RB situation. Two things though that I think should be considered in this discussion is we have carried 4 running backs before (Zeke, DMac, Smith, and Morris) and secondly I think Jackson has the upper hand on Bo for the following reasons:

1. He has made this team once already and was only cut to make room for DMAC, which many of you know how I felt about that.

2. He can and has played special teams.

3. He has the same power as Bo but is even faster and has more hip wiggle.

Honestly, I see either all four sticking (Rod Smith is safe as he is experienced, plays special teams, can play FB, etc.) or Bo misses the final cut and they try to put him on the practice squad. In that way you have a good stable of backs going into the subsequent year where Rod Smith may not be on the roster as he will be a free agent who will get some looks.
One thing to add to that mix.

Zeke being the immature Zeke. Hopefully he has learned that there are cameras everywhere. Dont be dumb. What was flippant in college will get you booted for a year for the next NFL goaround.

If so, are we comfortable with the three backups at primary runners?
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Updating a previous item, LB Mychal Kendricks denies he signed a deal with the Browns.
On Sunday, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Kendricks agreed to join the Browns. "No, it's not accurate," Kendricks told Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "I don't know who the (bleep) said that. That (bleep) is (bleep)." Yahoo Sports' Jordan Schultz reports Cleveland remains the favorite, but the two sides have yet to reach a deal.
Related: Browns

Source: Chris Tomasson on Twitter

Wichitabear
We don't have a choice do we? To be happy with these 3 backups
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

there are always choices. Adrian Peterson wants to play here. But do you give up a spot for young kid vs an old pro on his last legs
Assassin
Exclusive scouting report: Rookie QB Mike White creates one of Cowboys' most understated position battles
By Dane Brugler , NFL Draft Analyst Contact Dane Brugleron Twitter:@dpbrugler
Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky
6-5, 224 | 5.07 40

HOW HE FITS DALLAS: One of the more understated position battles in training camp will be White vs. Cooper Rush for the back-up job. With a full season under his belt, Rush will likely start the season as the No. 2 quarterback on the depth chart, but it wouldn't be a surprise if White overtakes him at some point during his rookie season.

BACKGROUND: A three-star quarterback recruit out of high school, Michael "Mike" White Jr. was a baseball-focused athlete growing up with a chance at a Major League career. As a junior at University School, he went 9-2 with a 0.43 ERA and a fastball in the 90-92 MPH range, earning Louisville Slugger All-American honors. White was a back-up quarterback his first three years of high school before becoming the starter in 2012 as a senior, guiding the team to a 13-0 record and their first state championship, throwing 22 touchdowns and two interceptions. After his productive senior season, he decided to pursue football instead of baseball and committed to South Florida over Louisiana Tech. White started five games as a true freshman and completed 53.1% of his passes for 1,083 yards. He started 10 games as a sophomore and accounted for 1,639 passing yards, eight touchdowns and seven interceptions. With Quinton Flowers a better fit for the offense Willie Taggart hoped to run at USF, White elected to transfer and enrolled at Western Kentucky, sitting out the 2015 season due to NCAA transfer rules. With Brandon Doughty (2016 seventh round draft pick) off to the NFL, he earned the starting role for a WKU offense that led the FBS in points per game (45.5), completing 67.3% of his passes for 4,363 yards, 37 touchdowns and seven interceptions to earn Second Team All-CUSA honors. White returned for his senior season under a new coaching staff and completed 65.7% of his passes for 4,177 yards and 26 touchdowns to earn All-CUSA Second Team. He accepted his invitation to the 2018 Senior Bowl.

STRENGTHS: Prototypical size in the eyes of NFL teams...efficient delivery with natural arm velocity, throwing ropes...touch and placement downfield are both strengths to his game...quick reaction time as a passer - read, ball up, ball gone...spreads the wealth and uses every inch of the passing chart...understands defensive back assignments, finding vulnerable match-ups...small windows don't intimidate him...takes baby steps in the pocket to maintain his base...improved poise vs. the blitz, keeping his eyes downfield...only one multi-interception game in his 27 starts at WKU...intelligence shows on and off the field, learning under four different offensive coordinators in college...senior captain and overcame adversity in 2017 (WKU assistant coach: "Most of the players were upset Brohm left and didn't buy into us, but Mike was the guiding light. The players followed him. One of the best examples of leadership I've ever seen.")...graduated with his undergraduate degree (Dec. 2016) and working on his master's in sports administration...highly productive in his two seasons at WKU, finishing his career third in school history in passing yards (8,540) and second in touchdowns passes (63) - finished his senior season with eight straight 300+ passing yard performances.

WEAKNESSES: Accuracy suffers when he throws while falling away from his target...requires slight mechanical tweaks, notably his weight transfer, to improve the consistency of his placement...methodical pocket movements and needs to better navigate through pressure...limited athleticism and rarely extends plays with his feet...improved in this area, but has a history of clamming up when the pocket walls show cracks...accounted for more fumbles (17) than interceptions (15) the past two seasons...mostly pre-snap reads on tape, making decisions before his drop...bad habit of bird-dogging targets, locking onto his favored read...tends to overthrow deep seam and out routes.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

there are always choices. Adrian Peterson wants to play here. But do you give up a spot for young kid vs an old pro on his last legs
No, I wouldn't You are right as always.
First Page Last Page
Page 177 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.