Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,090,597 Views | 29572 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

Great win.vanderesch may get rookie of the year

Certainly in the conversation for sure
Wichitabear
Well nice of you to join us. Lolololol
Wichitabear
That's what happens when you get old
Hotsauce
LVE!!! wow!!
trey3216
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Great win.vanderesch may get rookie of the year

Certainly in the conversation for sure

He's PFF's #3 or 4 rated linebacker in the league gradewise rt now, as a rookie. Prettty remarkable. Dude just makes plays, and when he tackles you, you go down immediately.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
GoldMind
Fk them Eagles. For life.

Never forgive their ****ty fans for how they treated Irvin.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
zekes line - 19 carries for 151, 1 TD, caught 6-of-7 for 36 yards, 1 TD

damnnnn
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
so how much is Dez regretting that decision not to take the Ravens multi year offer now? Out for at least 6 months before he ever got on the field for the Saints with torn Achilles,.

those are some nasty things. methinks his career may be over
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
GoldMind
Assassin said:

so how much is Dez regretting that decision not to take the Ravens multi year offer now? Out for at least 6 months before he ever got on the field for the Saints with torn Achilles,.

those are some nasty things. methinks his career may be over

Me thinks his Achilles isn't the only reason for that
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
zeke getting ready to eat the football

Assassin
Assassin
so Connor Williams inactive this past week. 'scrapheap' OG Xavier Su'a-Filo at LG. zeke has his best outing in eons.

interesting...
BearForce
Assassin said:

so Connor Williams inactive this past week. 'scrapheap' OG Xavier Su'a-Filo at LG. zeke has his best outing in eons.

interesting...
Kinda like trying to make a college tackle into an NFL guard right off the bat....yes, very interesting indeed. Funny enough, when Stephen Jones was asked on 105.3 today about if we could ever see a switch between Collins and Williams, he replied I would never say never and it is something that always has to be considered in putting the best five out there.
Assassin
btw - right now I would say that Amari Cooper is worth every bit of a 1st round pick. If Dak had been on target a couple more times...
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

interesting...
Kinda like trying to make a college tackle into an NFL guard right off the bat....yes, very interesting indeed. Funny enough, when Stephen Jones was asked on 105.3 today about if we could ever see a switch between Collins and Williams, he replied I would never say never and it is something that always has to be considered in putting the best five out there.
BTW - Looney looked like a street badass against a strong Eagle front. If Fredericks CAN come back, wonder if Looney can move over to OG, not sure that he's agile enough for OT
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

interesting...
BTW - Looney looked like a street badass against a strong Eagle front. If Fredericks CAN come back, wonder if Looney can move over to OG, not sure that he's agile enough for OT
Looney has played OG in the past I believe so I would say yes...no way at OT
BearForce
Assassin said:

btw - right now I would say that Amari Cooper is worth every bit of a 1st round pick. If Dak had been on target a couple more times...
Hell yes...Cooper's performance alone along with what attention he commands. I know people were dinging on him being "heavy" but if that is him heavy, I'm down with that.

Speaking of heavy, I wonder if Zeke has a tad bit too much weight on him...there was a screen last night where I know Zeke the rookie would have housed it but today's Zeke got caught from behind. I just don't want to see a rerun of Felix Jones who I am sure you remember I was against gaining any weight but he got pushed into doing and was ruined.
Hotsauce
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Hell yes...Cooper's performance alone along with what attention he commands. I know people were dinging on him being "heavy" but if that is him heavy, I'm down with that.

Speaking of heavy, I wonder if Zeke has a tad bit too much weight on him...there was a screen last night where I know Zeke the rookie would have housed it but today's Zeke got caught from behind. I just don't want to see a rerun of Felix Jones who I am sure you remember I was against gaining any weight but he got pushed into doing and was ruined.
He was said to have gained somewhere between 10-20 pounds during his suspension last season, but had come to this year's camp back at his original playing weight.
BearForce
Some love for Amari: https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/11/13/18088548/the-amari-effect-did-the-cowboys-find-themselves-another-first-round-star

BearForce
Hmm...
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/11/13/18088992/should-the-cowboys-start-xavier-sua-filo-at-left-guard-over-connor-williams
Assassin
BearForce said:

Hmm...
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/11/13/18088992/should-the-cowboys-start-xavier-sua-filo-at-left-guard-over-connor-williams
I think that this 'break' will give Connor the time to heal... but he needs and offseason under his belt to play OG and move NFL type DEs. I think his current best position is outside
Wichitabear
He has certainly made the difference.
Assassin
amazing how quickly this kid has fallen:

Raiders waived DE Kony Ealy.

Ealy was signed just last week, and he was inactive for last Sunday's game against the Chargers. It's not a great look for the defensive end, who has bounced from team to team since being selected in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft.
Assassin
kids gonna make some money. Can you imagine if Richard had not been here, Jones not move to CB and we let him go?

Pro Football Focus ranked Byron Jones the top cornerback in the league through the first eight weeks. He's currently PFF's No. 1-rated Cowboys defensive player.
Assassin
LVE wins NFC Defensive Player of the Week
BearForce
Assassin said:

kids gonna make some money. Can you imagine if Richard had not been here, Jones not move to CB and we let him go?

Pro Football Focus ranked Byron Jones the top cornerback in the league through the first eight weeks. He's currently PFF's No. 1-rated Cowboys defensive player.
Yes with another season to help price him since he will be on his 5 year option that we picked up earlier this year. DLaw will be priority #1, with Byron and Cooper being #2 a&b
Assassin
Wichitabear
Awesome pic
BearForce
Some good news for Beard

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/11/14/18096032/report-travis-frederick-has-regained-sensation-in-his-hands
Assassin
BearForce said:

Some good news for Beard

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/11/14/18096032/report-travis-frederick-has-regained-sensation-in-his-hands
dang. didnt know he had no sensation
Assassin
Cowboys announced Saturday morning that they have waived defensive back Darian Thompson and activated defensive tackle Christian Ringo from the practice squad. He will be available to play against Atlanta on Sunday.

Ringo is in his third NFL season out of Louisiana-Lafayette and has appeared in 14 NFL games for the Green Bay Packers and Detroit Lions. He's recorded five combined tackles and one forced fumble in his NFL career.
Assassin
LT Tyron Smith, held out or limited in practice earlier this week after experiencing back spasms, was a full participant Friday and will play against Atlanta. RG Zack Martin, limited in practice the last two days, is listed as questionable but expected to play. LG Connor Williams is listed as questionable as he returns from a scope on his knee, but Xavier Su'a-Filo had a strong game against Philadelphia and is expected to start. ... Backup LB Joe Thomas, who has missed the last four games with a knee injury, returned to practice on a limited basis and is listed as questionable.
Assassin
Cowboys Hall of Fame quarterback Roger Staubach will receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor, today from President Trump. "Roger Staubach's one of the most amazing people I've ever met," coach Jason Garrett said. "Obviously his resume as an athlete is as good as it gets. Heisman Trophy winner. He won Super Bowls as quarterback here. Regarded as one of the all-time great players in this league, but the story of Roger Staubach goes way, way beyond that. Incredibly successful as a businessman but most successful as a person. He's just been a really rare gift to this community, to this state, to this league and to everybody who's come across him. I feel so fortunate to have a relationship with him. He's had such a positive impact on my life and so many others. He's deserving of that and any other honor that they can bestow on him. He's just one of the all-time greats."
Wichitabear
So deserving of this honor. Thank you for posting this info.
Assassin
Jerry on Connor Williams:

On Connor Williams: "I am so proud to have him. He's a real long-term asset for that unit and the offensive line, which is arguably, you could say, the strength of our team, although that linebacking corps is coming on pretty strong. And, so, Connor Williams has played, really I think, very, very as to expectation. I'd say it that way. We know what a challenge it is for a rookie. We know very few rookies come in like Zack Martin and make All-Pro. But still, we're glad that he's a part of our future, and frankly he's no further away than the next snap at any point. He's got a lot of position flex, Connor Williams does. He can play all the positions. And, so, that maybe a little reach at center, but not much. But I think he's a big part of our future, and future being as we move towards the playoffs.

On if Williams could play tackle: "I think flex, which is position, interchangeable qualities, he has that. He has great feet. He has a great football sense about him. He does, they all do, and will get stronger, all of that is in his future and that lets us look at the multiple positions."
First Page Last Page
Page 236 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.