Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,081,881 Views | 29560 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by trumpetbear
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
say what you will about terrance, hes one tough sob

On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Bearforce - guess Jaylon Smith wasnt such a bad draft pick last year, eh? still cant believe some folk were complaining about taking him
Assassin
Assassin
Jerry Jones said it's a fracture in Orlando Scandrick's hand. Thinks he might be able to play with it
BearForce
Assassin said:

Bearforce - guess Jaylon Smith wasnt such a bad draft pick last year, eh? still cant believe some folk were complaining about taking him

Great gamble for sure.
Assassin
Cowboys CB Orlando Scandrick suffered a broken left hand Sunday night against the Giants. Scandrick will undergo surgery on Monday. Coach Jason Garrett is optimistic the corner will return "sooner rather than later," but Scandrick missed the final five games of 2012 with a broken hand. Rookie Chidobe Awuzie will see more snaps if Scandrick is forced to miss time.
Assassin
Jason Witten caught 7-of-9 targets for 59 yards and a touchdown in Dallas' Week 1 win over the Giants. Witten became Cowboys' all-time leading receiver on the night. He scored the only TD of the game, beating Eli Apple in the red-zone.
Assassin
Terrance Williams caught 6-of-7 targets for 68 yards in Week 1 against the Giants. He led Dallas in receiving, but saw fewer targets than Dez Bryant and Jason Witten. Williams injured his ankle on the first series, but played through it. This will likely go down as one of his best games. Williams isn't a Week 2 waiver pickup.

remembering...

Assassin
Goodell is really asking for it. I hope the full weight of Jerry Jones and Zeke come down upon his head:

NFL has filed an appeal of Ezekiel Elliott's preliminary injunction. This is not a major surprise, but it does again muddle Zeke's status. If the NFL wins the appeal and has the injunction thrown out, Elliott would have to begin serving his suspension immediately, and it is possible that decision is handed down before this weekend. As of now, Elliott should be expected to suit up Sunday against the Broncos, but we are in for another week of drama.

Source: Daniel Wallach on Twitter
Sep 11 - 9:53 AM
Franko
Assassin said:

Goodell is really asking for it. I hope the full weight of Jerry Jones and Zeke come down upon his head:

NFL has filed an appeal of Ezekiel Elliott's preliminary injunction. This is not a major surprise, but it does again muddle Zeke's status. If the NFL wins the appeal and has the injunction thrown out, Elliott would have to begin serving his suspension immediately, and it is possible that decision is handed down before this weekend. As of now, Elliott should be expected to suit up Sunday against the Broncos, but we are in for another week of drama.

Source: Daniel Wallach on Twitter
Sep 11 - 9:53 AM
The only way Zeke serves his suspension any time soon is if the NFL asks for an emergency stay of Judge Mazzant's order. While I think the NFL may very well win in the end, I do not believe they will get an emergency stay. In fact, I'll be a little surprised if they even ask for one because their chances are so small. If you will recall, the NFL did not seek an emergency stay of Judge Berman's order in favor of Tom Brady. I expect the same result here - Zeke plays all season.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Assassin
My biggest take-away from yesterday? How good the defense played, especially the defensive backs after Scandrick went out. Pretty dang amazing for those youngsters
BearForce
Assassin said:

My biggest take-away from yesterday? How good the defense played, especially the defensive backs after Scandrick went out. Pretty dang amazing for those youngsters

Depth is a wonderful thing.
trey3216
Assassin said:

I know it's so cliche, but Good Lord how awesome is Sean Lee. Dude is absolutely everywhere. Disrupting passing lanes, in the backfield hitting the running back .2 seconds after he takes the handoff. Making tackles at the opposite sideline 2 yards down field as the backside scrape backer. Dude is nails. His ability to move and read is going to make Jaylon Smith an unstoppable force as he gets healthier. Those two together, if they can stay healthy, could really put the screws to most offenses in the league.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

I know it's so cliche, but Good Lord how awesome is Sean Lee. Dude is absolutely everywhere. Disrupting passing lanes, in the backfield hitting the running back .2 seconds after he takes the handoff. Making tackles at the opposite sideline 2 yards down field as the backside scrape backer. Dude is nails. His ability to move and read is going to make Jaylon Smith an unstoppable force as he gets healthier. Those two together, if they can stay healthy, could really put the screws to most offenses in the league.
absolutely. Outside of two plays where I saw Jaylons foot drag a bit, he was a beast out there. Fast as lightning. Faster than Lee. I think he was running out of gas after that 10 min drive by the Giants that netted them a FG. He'll play into better shape
BearForce
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

absolutely. Outside of two plays where I saw Jaylons foot drag a bit, he was a beast out there. Fast as lightning. Faster than Lee. I think he was running out of gas after that 10 min drive by the Giants that netted them a FG. He'll play into better shape

All you need to do is look at him running down Sheppard on that reverse.
trey3216
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

All you need to do is look at him running down Sheppard on that reverse.
yep, dude has serious wheels
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Assassin
Assassin
Garrett said Orlando Scandrick's left hand surgery is scheduled for later today ... to insert a protective plate so he can play again.

Assassin
Garrett says Terrance Williams hurt his ankle the first play of the game, but fought through it. "He comes to work."
Assassin
Garrett says Chido seems like he's doing better today after injuring his ankle at the tail end of the game
Assassin
Jaylon Smith played 36 of 56 snaps for the Cowboys. Damien Wilson played 17. Justin Durant, who was supposed to split with Smith, played 2.

Garrett explained Giants forced them to play more base and nickel (Jaylon packages) as opposed to third down packages (Durant).
Assassin
Assassin said:

Jaylon Smith played 36 of 56 snaps for the Cowboys. Damien Wilson played 17. Justin Durant, who was supposed to split with Smith, played 2.

Garrett explained Giants forced them to play more base and nickel (Jaylon packages) as opposed to third down packages (Durant).
I didnt hear how Smith was feeling after playing so much. Like I said above, I saw his foot drag twice. Expected a lot more of that but it didnt happen
BaylorProud77
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Depth is a wonderful thing.
Ditto
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

Garrett says Terrance Williams hurt his ankle the first play of the game, but fought through it. "He comes to work."
That's our kid!
Assassin
BearForce
We will have to see how he grades out but I have to give credit where credit is due...nice job Chaz Green. Did hear his name all night and against a front four like the Giants, that is impressive.

He has delayed at least for one week my premier of his nickname.
Assassin
BearForce said:

We will have to see how he grades out but I have to give credit where credit is due...nice job Chaz Green. Did hear his name all night and against a front four like the Giants, that is impressive.

He has delayed at least for one week my premier of his nickname.
Forgot all about him. For an OL, thats a good thing
Assassin
ex-Cowboy news;
Ronald Leary suffered a concussion Week 1 against the Chargers.
BearForce
Assassin said:

ex-Cowboy news;

Sucks for him...nice break for us.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

ex-Cowboy news;

Sucks for him...nice break for us.
Yep.

Other Bronco injuries;

DB Brendan Langley suffered a knee injury against the Chargers in Week 1. The third-round pick was seeing some time in pass-heavy sets and the severity isn't known.

DB Darian Stewart (groin) is questionable. He was playing very well as both a run stopper and also in coverage. Stewart received a four-year extension this summer and the Broncos would miss him, if he had to miss time.
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
ex-Cowboy stuff
The Lions have signed tackle Emmett Cleary
Assassin
2 Pass Attempts Until Dak Prescott Makes History

Dak Prescott's efficiency in his infancy as an NFL quarterback has been remarkable. In his first 498 pass attempts he has thrown 4 interceptions. According to the NFL, he's on the verge of becoming the first quarterback in league history to throw 5 or fewer picks in his first 500 pass attempts.

"I think he is a good decision maker," head coach Jason Garrett said. "He values the football. He understands the importance of it."

Last season Prescott threw interceptions against the Packers (one), the Eagles (one) and the Giants (two). The result: The Packers scored a field goal, the Eagles a field goal, the Giants a touchdown. The Cowboys' only loss in those three games was to the Giants, 10-6, so clearly the turnover made a difference there.

That December trip to the Meadowlands was one of eight Cowboys games decided by a touchdown or less. They went 6-2 in those games. When at least half your games are likely to be decided in the fourth quarter, it helps immensely to have a quarterback who doesn't beat himself.
First Page Last Page
Page 24 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.