Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,076,437 Views | 29545 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

So we held the NFLs most potent offense to 176 yds, of which about half of that came after stupid penalties by us...

DAMN
And 7 of their points from ****ing Gregory...and we should have scored more points if Dak had a damn internal clock
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

They can chew enough clock off and get in FG range, I'd be ok

**** that..need a TD

Need a W

A TD assures one...a FG allows for a Brees comeback win fella

Might not matter. How did we go from having the best OL to the worst?

Tyrone Smith broke
Letting Ron Leary walk
Travis Fredrick out
Collins playing the wrong position

Just ****ing win so I can go to bed

Go to ****ing bed
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
D. C. Bear
Glad I don't bet, cause I would have lost.
Great win tonight.
BearForce
D. C. Bear said:

Great win tonight.
And what is funny, and actually heartening is Dallas didnt even play a perfect game and still pretty much dominated the game.
Wichitabear
I fell asleep. So mad.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

I fell asleep. So mad.
If you have NFL Network they will replay it at 3am or you can DVR it and watch it when you want
Wichitabear
Unfortunately
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Great confidence building win for the Cowboys. Even better humility/ wake-up call for the Saints!!! That was just a very good football game.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Wichitabear
Lol thanks. I was going back and forth between this game and Baylor/TT because I didn't get to watch it during Thanksgiving. Before I knew it, I didn't get to see either one!
Mitch Blood Green
D. C. Bear said:

Great win tonight.

I was on a train in Chicago in 1984. I had $20.

They were playing three card or shell game whatever. I watched for a while. And I thought I could quickly double my money, so I jumped in.

I lost.

Haven't gambled since. No office pools. No slots. No poker. Nothing.

My lesson? I could afford to win $20 but I couldn't afford to lose $20.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Lol thanks. I was going back and forth between this game and Baylor/TT because I didn't get to watch it during Thanksgiving. Before I knew it, I didn't get to see either one!
The Baylor game is on youtube...just search for it and it will pop right up
Wichitabear
Duh, forgot about that. Lol
Assassin
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Great confidence building win for the Cowboys. Even better humility/ wake-up call for the Saints!!! That was just a very good football game.
It was really something. Despite all Daks mistakes, he was still the deciding factor in the win. Those two long runs of his kept us in the game and the Saints off the field.

Things to correct -

Randy Gregory still has a massive upside. He is greater than the penalties. IMO - its hard to fault someone for aggression penalties However lining up in the neutral zone is simply not paying attention

Byron Jones had a couple of penalties. He will get better

We gave up too much pressure on Dak. Not having starting C, LG and LT will do that to you. Still not sure that RT is Collins best spot. Without Zak next to him, not sure he's a lot more than average OT

Other;

While the Saints were running their 4-2-5 with the cover 2 on top with the double on Cooper, Michael Gallup came through more than once. Huge plays at exactly the right time. We may have our 1-2 for the foreseeable future

Taco Charleton is looking more and more like the odd man out.

While DLaw is the big play maker, not sure that Tryone Crawford was the D difference maker last night with the pressure up the middle. Hardly ever did you see Brees able to step up in the pocket which has always been a tool of his

LVE is making a great play for overall D player of the year, not just Rookie. He will be hard pressed to keep out of the Pro Bowl

Brown - I admit, he is better than I gave him credit for. Go ahead and keep him.

Great to see Jourdan Lewis get the game ending grab last night. Still think he's better than Brown but thats just me. Guessing his size holds him back
trey3216
Assassin said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

It was really something. Despite all Daks mistakes, he was still the deciding factor in the win. Those two long runs of his kept us in the game and the Saints off the field.

Things to correct -

Randy Gregory still has a massive upside. He is greater than the penalties. IMO - its hard to fault someone for aggression penalties However lining up in the neutral zone is simply not paying attention

We gave up too much pressure on Dak. Not having starting C, LG and LT will do that to you. Still not sure that RT is Collins best spot. Without Zak next to him, not sure he's a lot more than average OT

Other;

While the Saints were running their 4-2-5 with the cover 2 on top with the double on Cooper, Michael Gallup came through more than once. Huge plays at exactly the right time. We may have our 1-2 for the foreseeable future

While DLaw is the big play maker, not sure that Tryone Crawford was the D difference maker last night with the pressure up the middle. Hardly ever did you see Brees able to step up in the pocket which has always been a tool of his

LVE is making a great play for overall D player of the year, not just Rookie. He will be hard pressed to keep out of the Pro Bowl

Brown - I admit, he is better than I gave him credit for. Go ahead and keep him.

Great to see Jourdan Lewis get the game ending grab last night. Still think he's better than Brown but thats just me. Guessing his size holds him back

The neutral zone penalty on Gregory was absolute garbage. Rarely do you see it called with the way he was aligned. His roughing the punter penalty was a bad play, but it was the result of him jumping over a blocker and losing his balance. He just has to be smarter, but his aggressive play continuously tormented Brees last night.

Can't be too upset with the two penalties on Byron Jones, he had a tough task last night and succeeded greatly.

LVE is not just going to the Pro Bowl, he has a very good chance at being 1st team All-Pro and winning DROY and possibly Defensive POY. Truly remarkable how good he is.

Michael Gallup is going to be an absolute stud
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BearForce
Assassin said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Things to correct -

Other;

No love for Jalen Smith? Dude was incredible last night.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Things to correct -

Other;

that helmet to helmet was bad. He is going to get tossed out of games for that kind of stuff. Could have been a determing factor.

BTW - lots of good plays from the D last night - and Jaylon was the second best LB on the field last night
GoldMind
I wonder how much playing the Saints had to with our OL woes last night?

They're really good.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
Assassin
Jerry: can you imagine having a win like this without Tyron Smith on the field?

Jerry Jones on @1053thefan: "I really see improvement on the way." Specifically mentioned getting back Tyron Smith, Sean Lee, Tavon Austin and David Irving in the near future

Jerry Jones said playing the way the Cowboys did last night, against an MVP candidate like Drew Brees and the 10-win Saints makes you start thinking, "Maybe us. Why not?"
Assassin
Lost in all the craziness last night. Looked to me like Beazley's knee went down well short of the 1st down = BEFORE he stretched out to gain the yardage.

That would have been a big turnover
Assassin
Amari Cooper caught 8-of-8 targets for 75 yards in the Cowboys' Week 13 win over the Saints. Cooper also lost a first half fumble where Marshon Lattimore kneed the ball out. The Cowboys are now 4-1 since Cooper's acquisition, with the wideout posting at least 75 yards three times in the process. He has added the desired new element to the Cowboys' offense. He will have a juicy Week 14 matchup against the Eagles' undermanned secondary.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Lost in all the craziness last night. Looked to me like Beazley's knee went down well short of the 1st down = BEFORE he stretched out to gain the yardage.

Beasley was short...but the Saints blew their challenges early.
GoldMind
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

True, hes only like 5'8"
Keyser Soze

USFL got it right.

Don't win a challenge you burn a time out. No time out you get a delay of game penalty.

Seriously, what if the refs blow more than one or two
Assassin
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

True, hes only like 5'8"
Wichitabear
For sure!!!
Assassin
Assassin
GoldMind
Assassin said:

Gtfo with that tenth of a point mess
BearForce
Well at least on one of his incidents I was harsh on Smoke Gregory:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/30/randy-gregory-wasnt-lined-up-in-the-neutral-zone/
BearForce
Dak has to fix his part of this, and he does have a big part in it....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/30/dak-prescott-has-been-sacked-45-times-by-far-the-most-in-the-nfl/

BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Things to correct -

Other;

that helmet to helmet was bad. He is going to get tossed out of games for that kind of stuff. Could have been a determing factor.

BTW - lots of good plays from the D last night - and Jaylon was the second best LB on the field last night
The kid gets it https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/11/30/18119303/jaylon-smith-has-a-deep-admiration-for-dallas-cowboys-history
oldbear69
can we go 11-5,,,,,,,with eagles at home,,,,colts away...bucs here and giants away.....east champs?
BearForce
oldbear69 said:

can we go 11-5,,,,,,,with eagles at home,,,,colts away...bucs here and giants away.....east champs?
Yes we can...the next two games will be the toughest left as the Bucs and Giants will be in offseason mode by the time we see them.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Well at least on one of his incidents I was harsh on Smoke Gregory:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/30/randy-gregory-wasnt-lined-up-in-the-neutral-zone/
Ouch. Lots of calls/noncalls by the 'best' NFL officiating crew.. might have been better served to let everyone do what they do in schoolyard basketball and call thier own fouls
First Page Last Page
Page 248 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.