Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,077,489 Views | 29546 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

Good news for Dallas in that the TE position is loaded. 10 talents in the top 100.

Marinos mock -
48. Dallas Cowboys: T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
There is arguably no more glaring need in the NFL than tight end for the Cowboys and Dallas is in luck because the 2019 class is loaded with talent at the position.
Hockenson brings a balanced skill set to the table. He blocks like a sixth offensive lineman but is also a viable receiving threat. He would help complete the Cowboys offensive depth chart and give Dak Prescott what he needs to succeed.

Well considering the TE in my mock, Noah Fant, is also from Iowa, the Hawkeyes must of had a hell of a 12 or 22 personnel package this year.

EDIT: Answering my own question--https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/30/noah-fant-declaration-improves-limited-offensive-class/
GoldMind
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/10/price-is-right-amari-cooper-worth-draft-pick-for-cowboys/
I have to tell you, until I was doing some research to support my mock draft I had not come across the draft network website but I do like their content. Amari has been more than worth a 1st rounder.

Also, as much as it pains me to say this, Baylor isn't WRU, Alabama is and whoever coaches their WRs we need to be comparing notes with them.

Who besides Cooper and Jones?
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/10/price-is-right-amari-cooper-worth-draft-pick-for-cowboys/
I have to tell you, until I was doing some research to support my mock draft I had not come across the draft network website but I do like their content. Amari has been more than worth a 1st rounder.

Also, as much as it pains me to say this, Baylor isn't WRU, Alabama is and whoever coaches their WRs we need to be comparing notes with them.

Who besides Cooper and Jones?
I think Calvin Ridley will be just below those two...In contrast, if you count Josh Gordon, I still don't think I can put him in Cooper and Jones league right now, and Kendal Wright and TWill are pretty much non-existent. I know TWill is injured but even when he wasn't, he wasn't sniffing being a #1 and Wright isn't one either.

EDIT: I did forget CC who I still have some hope for but again I can't even come close to putting him in Cooper and Jones league and given where drafted, that is where he should be. You can blame Cleveland somewhat for that but CC hasn't shown yet even half what Josh Gordon has shown even with suspensions.
bunation
Assassin said:

still cant believe zeke got penalized for running like a running back runs.

Jim Brown would never had lasted

Hopefully, this call won't open the flood gates. RB instinctively respond to defenders. Like Zeke said. The defender went low so he adjusted to protect himself. And, that's a penalty?!
bunation
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Alabama is "_____ (fill in any position) U"

They annually recruit 1/4 to 1/5 or so of all 5 star recruits & hand-select the rest from all 50 states, several countries, & a few other planets.............
GoldMind
Alabama doesn't have the most kids in the league tho.

LSU, USC, OhioState, Miami etc
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
bunation said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Alabama is "_____ (fill in any position) U"

They annually recruit 1/4 to 1/5 or so of all 5 star recruits & hand-select the rest from all 50 states, several countries, & a few other planets.............
True dat...but you look at the technique and soundness of their defensive players, offensive linemen and wide receivers coming out and they are pro ready which given Nick Saban isnt a surprise. Running backs and Quarterbacks are more of a question as I think they are more a product of the OL and WRs they are able to recruit and churn out.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

But I'd bet they are in the top 10
BearForce
Man I can't wait to get Tavon Austin back for just the return game alone...we are so deficient in this area:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/12/10/18135018/jason-garrett-no-truth-witten-rumors-zack-martin-day-by-day-mcl-lee-austin-might-practice-this-week
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

No argument, I just couldn't think past Cooper and Jones. I know they've got a grip of kids in there.
Wichitabear
I forgot all about him
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

No argument, I just couldn't think past Cooper and Jones. I know they've got a grip of kids in there.
Goldy, you have a good football mind so I enjoy chatting with you on stuff like this.
GoldMind
My question for America's Team is how far can we expect our OLIne to take us? I expect to make it to the Super Bowl, but I think a victory will hinge on the play of the Line.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

My question for America's Team is how far can we expect our OLIne to take us? I expect to make it to the Super Bowl, but I think a victory will hinge on the play of the Line.

Assuming you mean this year, I am worried about Tyron Smith and have been for a while. Martin doesn't help either and I really wish during either the bye week or after the New Orleans game they had at least looked at Connor William's at RT and putting Collins back at LG where I think they are better fits.

In other words we dont have the wall of Dallas but it still may be just good enough so long as Dak doesn't keep holding the ball too long.
BearForce
Cant we just go ahead and call Taco a bust already...wow, just check the quote towards the end invoking Alan Iverson.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/10/taco-charlton-will-have-to-earn-opportunity-to-play/
GoldMind
BearForce said:

Cant we just go ahead and call Taco a bust already...wow, just check the quote towards the end invoking Alan Iverson.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/10/taco-charlton-will-have-to-earn-opportunity-to-play/

I didn't even know who the hell he was until draft talk started.
BearForce
This is not my idea of having a soft taco...

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/10/dallas-cowboys-taco-charlton-benched-stephen-jones-jason-garrett-hot-boyz/
Franko
This is pretty cool.

Assassin
Salary cap will be around $190 million in 2019
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 11, 2018, 5:26 PM EST

The NFL's salary cap is rising again. The league announced today that the salary cap will rise to somewhere in the neighborhood of $190 million in 2019. The 2018 cap is set at $177.2 million.

"The NFL informed clubs today that the projections for the 2019 salary cap are in the range of $187.0 million to $191.1 million," the league said in a statement. "This marks a 40% increase in just five years since the 2014 season ($133.0 million) and would be the 6th consecutive year the cap is projected to climb more than $10 million per club year over year. Total projected player costs, including benefits, will be more than $7.3 billion in 2019."
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
GoldMind
Assassin said:

Salary cap will be around $190 million in 2019
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 11, 2018, 5:26 PM EST

The NFL's salary cap is rising again. The league announced today that the salary cap will rise to somewhere in the neighborhood of $190 million in 2019. The 2018 cap is set at $177.2 million.

"The NFL informed clubs today that the projections for the 2019 salary cap are in the range of $187.0 million to $191.1 million," the league said in a statement. "This marks a 40% increase in just five years since the 2014 season ($133.0 million) and would be the 6th consecutive year the cap is projected to climb more than $10 million per club year over year. Total projected player costs, including benefits, will be more than $7.3 billion in 2019."

Let it rain
Wichitabear
I loved that!! It's so inspiring lol
BearForce
I was looking at some old film this morning and am I crazy in saying Amari is a way better ball catching version of TO? Both can house it anywhere on the field.
Wichitabear
That's not a bad situation to have. Ha
Assassin
BearForce said:

I was looking at some old film this morning and am I crazy in saying Amari is a way better ball catching version of TO? Both can house it anywhere on the field.
I know you're talking TO but Amari does one thing that TWill did very well, drive hard BACK toward the ball. Creates great separation. Really messes with DB's whose initial gears are usually reverse and side to side.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I know you're talking TO but Amari does one thing that TWill did very well, drive hard BACK toward the ball. Creates great separation. Really messes with DB's whose initial gears are usually reverse and side to side.

Agree
Assassin
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/12/12/film-room-forget-penalties-cowboys-de-randy-gregory-playing-highest-level-career
Assassin
It appears the Cowboys are most likely to play the Seahawks in the Wild Card round of the playoffs. The Vikings, Panthers, Eagles and Redskins (not really) remain outside possibilities. Which opponent would the Cowboys prefer to play?

David Moore: If the Cowboys finish as the No. 4 seed Seattle is all but assured to be the opponent. Would they rather face another team to open the postseason? Sure. You want to face the softest opponent possible in the first step to the Super Bowl because you know how much more difficult the road will get before you're done. But here's a novel idea. The best way to face a weaker opponent is to rise in the standings. Dallas shouldn't give up on trying to pass Chicago for the No. 3 seed. The Bears finish with two division games -- Green Bay and Minnesota -- and San Francisco. If the Cowboys run the table a No. 3 seed isn't out of the question. That would build momentum and allow them to replace the Seahawks in the first round with a weaker opponent. Who is the preference then? It doesn't matter.

Brandon George: After Seattle's win Monday night over Minnesota, it appears likely the Cowboys will get a rematch against the Seahawks in the playoffs. But the team they'd rather face is Minnesota. The Vikings are headed in the wrong direction and just fired their offensive coordinator Tuesday. They have a lot of problems on offense. Even Carolina, Philadelphia and Washington shouldn't be too concerning for the Cowboys. The Cowboys have struggled more this season against mobile quarterbacks, with losses already to Seattle and Carolina. You'd rather see the Cowboys face more of a pocket passer.

Jon Machota: The Vikings would be No. 1. (Sorry, I've already counted the Redskins out. If they made it, they'd be my pick.) The Vikings are struggling. They just fired their offensive coordinator. They've lost three of their last four and four of their last six. They have Kirk Cousins, easily the QB the Cowboys would prefer to face over Cam Newton and Russell Wilson. The mobile QB has been a problem for Dallas. Cousins has played seven games against the Cowboys in his career. He's won one. Then there's the Eagles. Nobody really wants to have to beat a team three times in one season. I understand it happened in 2009, but that seems like something you'd like to avoid. Also, the 2009 Eagles weren't coming off a Super Bowl season.

Kate Hairopoulos: The Cowboys would love to climb over the Chicago Bears to claim the third seed in the NFC and meet one of those teams currently trying to back into the sixth and final playoff spot, such as the Panthers or Vikings, in the Wild Card round. That's preferable to a rematch with the surprising Seahawks, who are 8-3 over their last 11 games. The Cowboys have figured out a lot of things since they lost, 24-13, at Seattle on Sept. 23. And this game would be at AT&T Stadium instead of CenturyLink Field. But the way Pete Carroll has the Seahawks playing means no one is going to want to see them in the playoffs. There may be no escaping it. The confounding Panthers or Vikings would be better for Dallas than Philly -- as we all know, it's hard to beat a team three times in a season, much less a hated rival.
Assassin
poor fella...

#Eagles QB Carson Wentz, dealing with a back issue, is not expected to play this week, sources say. Depending on the result, given the time of year, Wentz may not play again in 2018. The team is still gathering info on his health.

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 12, 2018
Wichitabear
Hmmmmm. That's not good for him. Who is their backup?
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Hmmmmm. That's not good for him. Who is their backup?

Nick Foles, last year's Super Bowl MVP
Wichitabear
Lolololol duh. I forgot about him. That was embarrassing
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Lolololol duh. I forgot about him. That was embarrassing

Nothing to be embarrassed about
Assassin
DMN.com - Leighton Vander Esch is in contention for NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. But one of LVE's main competitors for the award is linebacker Darius Leonard. The South Carolina State product is having an exceptional rookie campaign. Leonard leads the entire NFL with 135 total tackles. His 135 tackles are the most by a rookie in his first 12 games (missed one game due to an ankle injury) since the merger. Leonard's also recorded seven sacks, four forced fumbles and one interception. He is a ball hawk with great instincts. Indianapolis got steal in the second round of the 2018 NFL Draft.
Assassin
Irving, Lee and Austin all have a chance to return this week.

having a tall Irving to help the middle against a QB like Luck should help. Making the middle throwing lanes that much harder
BearForce
More confirmation we have a soft Taco...I would refer to him as another type of Taco but won't in respect to WichitaBear

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/12/13/18139808/cowboys-coaches-are-sending-the-message-that-taco-charlton-isnt-getting-the-job-done
First Page Last Page
Page 256 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.