Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,089,834 Views | 29564 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Assassin
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He is definitely not working out. Thank you Bearforce. I know this is mainly a guys board so you are fine but I appreciate the thoughtfulness.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

He is definitely not working out. Thank you Bearforce. I know this is mainly a guys board so you are fine but I appreciate the thoughtfulness.

This is a Baylor board, regardless of gender and I would hate for you or any other female fan to feel unwelcomed because of "locker room" talk. Besides, it helps keep me on my best behavior.
GoldMind
What females are following this thread, just out of curiosity
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Wichitabear
Don't know but I love this thread because obviously Assassin is awesome and Bearforce just adds more to the awesomeness. I really enjoy their views and news about our Cowboys.
BearForce
I'm in favor of this, assuming he clears waivers:

BearForce
Another mock draft...I like this one:

56: R2P24
DL JERRY TILLERY
NOTRE DAME

87: R3P23
S LUKAS DENIS
BOSTON COLLEGE

126: R4P24
QB BRETT RYPIEN
BOISE STATE

136: R4P34
TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M

163: R5P24
WR TYLER JOHNSON
MINNESOTA

240: R7P24
RB TY JOHNSON
MARYLAND
Assassin
I'm really curious to find out what positions the Cowboys look for. TE seems to be loaded with 2nd/3rd round talent. But the group we have now seems to be coming through recently

DMN
Will Rico Gathers ever play a real role on the Cowboys or is he just all hype from those on the outside looking in?

Cowlishaw: I don't know a lot of "red zone tight ends" in NFL history who have made much of an impact. This is three years now and the Cowboys don't seem close to making him an every down tight end, despite the fact they began the year without Jason Witten and even with Geoff Swaim getting hurt. So my guess would be a "real role"

Would tight end be the Cowboys top priority in the draft at this point? First pick isn't until the 2nd round and that seems like a decent time to get one you'd like.

Cowlishaw: I don't know what the tight end market looks like in free agency but that might be another option. There are so few good tight ends coming out of college -- the position is all about obsolete in the Big 12 -- that if there's a big-time prospect, he's going in the first round. Not sure the Cowboys are likely to trade up and make that play.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
We may be able to keep all our star FAs with the rise in the cap unless someone overwhelms them with an offer. The old poison-pill contract

As for the second level FAs

I would hope we keep Cameron Fleming. Did a fair job replacing Tyron. With Smiths various ailments, not how solid I feel about him.

Joe Looney - damn good job at C considering who he is replacing. Also had to carry the line with a wavier pickup on his right and a rookie on this left
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
The Cowboys have interest in free agent Barry Church. It's an obvious fit for Church, who spent his first seven seasons with the Cowboys. Church needs to clear waivers, but it won't be suprising if ends up back in Dallas. The Cowboys have been getting uneven safety play from Jeff Heath and Xavier Woods.
BearForce
Good breakdown of our free agents to be...

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/12/15/18078418/how-many-of-their-16-free-agents-will-cowboys-re-sign-in-2019
BearForce
Not a good start...
BearForce
Blown possession, blocked FG and then TD Indy...gotta buck up boys
BearForce
Olawale drops a sure TD...FML!
BearForce
And the OL gets blown up in 4th and 1 from the 2...our red zone offense just blows.

Hopefully the defense can get a 3 and out here.
BearForce
Defense looks ragged too...
trumpetbear
Dak with the timely sack to knock us out of fg range...
BearForce
trumpetbear said:

Dak with the timely sack to knock us out of fg range...

We weren't in FG range but yes, he held that too long.
BearForce
Shutout in the 1st half and if we are lucky only down 10-0
BearForce
Down 10-0 at half and they get the ball out of half.
BearForce
17-0...ball game

They are literally doing anything they want on offense...they have only been stopped via penalty and running out of time in the first half.
trey3216
This game is absolutely terrible. Terrible playcalling. Worse defense. Refs letting Indy hold on every single play. Dak making piss poor throws and receivers not making easy catches. Just a giant pile of crap
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
boognish_bear
Dallas seems uninspired and flat today after so many thrilling games lately.

Horrible tackling
boognish_bear
Sturm nailed it

BearForce
boognish_bear said:

Sturm nailed it

Good call...
BearForce
Well Washington is in position to win today so we wont be able to back in and Tampa wont be easy either.
Mothra
I think the cowboys have to face the fact they are limited at the QB position. Dak's not terrible but he's nothing more than a game manager. Don't expect him to make plays to win a game with his arm. He's very mediocre if not a little below average. I hope they really look for a QB in the draft and don't give him a long term contract.
BearForce
Mothra said:

I think the cowboys have to face the fact they are limited at the QB position. Dak's not terrible but he's nothing more than a game manager. Don't expect him to make plays to win a game with his arm. He's very mediocre if not a little below average. I hope they really look for a QB in the draft and don't give him a long term contract.

Likely all true but then again I still say this offensive scheme has a lot to do with it as well. As well as Dak for some reason lacks a sense of touch on throws beyond 15 yards.

You will be hard pressed to get a QB this year in the second round who isnt another development project.
Volunteer
Mothra said:

This. Dak seems to be mediocre to a little below average, but truly good QB's are hard to find. Dak has a knack of holding on to the ball too long and fumbling. But today, the whole team was pitiful.
boognish_bear
Volunteer said:

Mothra said:

This. Dak seems to be mediocre to a little below average, but truly good QB's are hard to find. Dak has a knack of holding on to the ball too long and fumbling. But today, the whole team was pitiful.

Agree....except for Zeke
BearForce
boognish_bear said:

Volunteer said:

Mothra said:

Agree....except for Zeke

Zeke is the only one who showed up and seem to give a damn
BearForce
Well the only, maybe, good news I can give you all, is assuming the Rams beat the hell out of the Eagles, we will likely have already won the division before stepping on the field against Tampa as I don't think the Redskins beat the Titans this Saturday.

That said, backing into the division title isn't the way we all wanted it to go and I think somewhat forces your hand to play the healthy starters, at the very least for a half.
boognish_bear
Surprisingly....Eagles hanging with Rams so far
GoldMind
boognish_bear said:

Surprisingly....Eagles hanging with Rams so far

Fk them Eagles
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
So as I half suspected, Philly would play better with Foles at QB...we better come ready for Tampa.
Wichitabear
The Rams loss????
First Page Last Page
Page 257 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.