Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,089,519 Views | 29562 Replies | Last: 52 min ago by trey3216
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wichitabear said:

Not happy or should we be???
This isn't a good thing for us...really was hoping he would be our DC going forward with a chance at the HC if or when Garrett goes. That said, great opportunity for him if he can get it as the Jets do have some pieces to work with.
Wichitabear
Maybe he won't take it but I'm not holding my breath over it. I'm sure it is a good opportunity for him.
GoldMind
Assassin said:

Prescott now has the most game-winning drives by any NFL quarterback since 2016, and the most by any NFL quarterback during his first three seasons.

America's Team has produced some legendary QBs
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Wichitabear
Yes we have!!!
Assassin
BearForce said:

We all knew this was coming:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/31/jets-want-to-talk-to-cowboys-assistant-kris-richard/
The Dolphins also requested permission to interview Cowboys DBs coach Kris Richard for their head-coaching vacancy.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
A name to keep an eye on for OC as I like what he did with Stafford the past few years under Jim Caldwell

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/01/lions-part-ways-with-jim-bob-cooter/
Assassin

Cowboys RG Zack Martin (knee) will return for Saturday's Wild Card game against the Seahawks.
The All-Pro was held out for Weeks 16 and 17. His presence will be a must for the Cowboys to hold off the similarly ground-and-pound Seahawks.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Wineguy89
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

This isn't a good thing for us...really was hoping he would be our DC going forward with a chance at the HC if or when Garrett goes. That said, great opportunity for him if he can get it as the Jets do have some pieces to work with.

I'd definitely prefer to keep Richard too. They may need to promote him to asst, Head Coach and give him a raise
To keep him (or at least make him DC).

That said, you do realize he is getting immediate interviews (along with Eric Bienemy) because the are African American and teams are checking the Rooney Rule box right off the bat.......
BearForce
Wineguy89 said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

I'd definitely prefer to keep Richard too. They may need to promote him to asst, Head Coach and give him a raise
To keep him (or at least make him DC).

That said, you do realize he is getting immediate interviews (along with Eric Bienemy) because the are African American and teams are checking the Rooney Rule box right off the bat.......

I know that is part of it but Richard I believe has the resume to be a serious candidate and not just a token.
Wineguy89
Agreed.......and here's hoping we keep him then!! Probably biggest difference maker (certainly amongst the coaches) on the team this year. I mean LVE can't play all the DB positions at the same time can he?
Assassin
Starting left guard Xavier Su'a-Filo is sitting out a second straight practice with an ankle sprain as the Cowboys continue preparations for Saturday's wild-card playoff game against Seattle.

Su'a-Filo did play through an ankle injury Dec. 9 against Philadelphia, and head coach Jason Garrett said he's moving around better since getting hurt in the second half against the Giants last Sunday.

"He won't do anything today, but we still have a few days to go here," Garrett said.

Rookie Connor Williams has been the primary backup guard. He started for Zack Martin (sprained knee) on the right side last Sunday against the Giants. Martin and left tackle Tyron Smith (neck) are practicing this week.

Defensive lineman David Irving (ankle) was the only player besides Su'a-Filo not practicing Wednesday during the open portion.
Assassin
Assassin said:

Rookie Connor Williams has been the primary backup guard. He started for Zack Martin (sprained knee) on the right side last Sunday against the Giants. Martin and left tackle Tyron Smith (neck) are practicing this week.
to be honest, I didnt realize Williams was in there at RG. And on the interior of the OL, thats what you want. Anonymity
Assassin
TE Blake Jarwin was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week for his three-touchdown catch performance in last Sunday's win over the Giants.

Actually, Jarwin becomes the first Cowboys tight end in franchise history to win NFC Player of the Week, despite the team having Pro Bowlers Jason Witten, Jay Novacek and Doug Cosbie around since the award was created in 1984.
Assassin
BearForce
Assassin said:

TE Blake Jarwin was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week for his three-touchdown catch performance in last Sunday's win over the Giants.

Actually, Jarwin becomes the first Cowboys tight end in franchise history to win NFC Player of the Week, despite the team having Pro Bowlers Jason Witten, Jay Novacek and Doug Cosbie around since the award was created in 1984.
You just made my day...Doug Cosbie to me is so under appreciated to me as is Danny White and Tony Hill. I guess part of that is people want to forget the 80s not realizing the early 80s weren't all that bad.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

You just made my day...Doug Cosbie to me is so under appreciated to me as is Danny White and Tony Hill. I guess part of that is people want to forget the 80s not realizing the early 80s weren't all that bad.
80s were some tough going for Dallas. We had some fantastic teams but couldnt quite get over the hump

Wichitabear
Who could forget Thrill Hill! Not me
BearForce
GoldMind
Tell me a story about Alvin Harper
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

There was once a team known as the 1992-1993 Dallas Cowboys, and they were a young team. A team that had a desire to win. A team that when faced with their greatest challenge, made it into their greatest moment, against a grotesque and vile rival known as the 49ers. They were led by a man who had a brass set named Jimmy Johnson. And there was one point, when their foe, the 49ers, thought they may finally catch the Cowboys, but Jimmy would not allow this. He told is OC, Norv Turner, call a slant and make that our "Catch", and so Norv doth call thy slant, that thou great steed known as Troy throw to thou speedster known only as Alvin, and crushed thou foe, the 49ers, with the vanquishing slant, with a young squire known as Kelvin, twisting said knife into the foe's back, thereby delivering back to providence, the Super Bowl trophy.

The end.
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

There was once a team known as the 1992-1993 Dallas Cowboys, and they were a young team. A team that had a desire to win. A team that when faced with their greatest challenge, made it into their greatest moment, against a grotesque and vile rival known as the 49ers. They were led by a man who had a brass set named Jimmy Johnson. And there was one point, when their foe, the 49ers, thought they may finally catch the Cowboys, but Jimmy would not allow this. He told is OC, Norv Turner, call a slant and make that our "Catch", and so Norv doth call thy slant, that thou great steed known as Troy throw to thou speedster known only as Alvin, and crushed thou foe, the 49ers, with the vanquishing slant, with a young squire known as Kelvin, twisting said knife into the foe's back, thereby delivering back to providence, the Super Bowl trophy.

The end.

Irvin tried to act like he was mad, but he was laughing.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

The end.

Irvin tried to act like he was mad, but he was laughing.

Yep...he outsmarted himself on that one.
Assassin
COWBOYS PLAYOFF SCENARIOS: BEARS-EAGLES WINNER DECIDES 2ND ROUND
by Jess Haynie

If the Dallas Cowboys can get that rare playoff win this Saturday night against the Seattle Seahawks, they won't be able to make travel plans right away. Dallas would have to wait for the outcome of Sunday's game between the Chicago Bears and Philadelphia Eagles to know where they're headed in the second round.

In the NFL, playoff brackets are not written in stone. The lowest remaining seed in any round plays the highest remaining seed.

The Bears were the #3 seed in this year's playoffs and the Eagles were lowest at #6. The Cowboys-Seahawks game features the #4 and #5 seeds.

The New Orleans Saints and Los Angeles Rams, currently enjoying their bye weeks, were the #1 and #2 seeds.

So, if Chicago holds the fort at home, they will go to Los Angeles the following week. The winner of the 4/5 matchup between Dallas and Seattle would go to New Orleans.

But, if Philly were to upset Chicago, that would make them the lowest remaining seed in the second round. That would send them play the Saints and then the Cowboys or Seahawks would face the Rams.

Given this scenario, some Dallas fan may actually find themselves rooting for the Eagles on Sunday.

The Cowboys' best regular season win came in Week 13 with a stunning upset of New Orleans, who were on a 10-game win streak at the time. The Saints marched into Dallas as the hottest team in the NFC and left with a black eye.

But a rematch in the playoff would be in the Superdome, not AT&T Stadium. Dallas hasn't won a game there since 2009 and is 1-5 in the last 20 years.

More importantly, the Saints wouldn't be surprised a second time around. They saw Dallas' best stuff in Week 13 and would devise a plan to counter it.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys haven't played the Rams this year. They last met in 2017 and swapped blows in a 35-30 shootout that Los Angeles eventually won.

And if you just boil it down to facing either Drew Brees or Jared Goff in a playoff game, the choice seems pretty clear.

Of course, Dallas has to handle business against Russell Wilson and the Seahawks before any of this matters. And that's hardly a given; Seattle is arguably a stronger team with more momentum right now than the Cowboys.

We'll see what happens on Saturday. Hopefully, it leaves us still caring what happens on Sunday.
GoldMind
I just don't see anyone stopping us. We got almost everyone back healthy.
Franko
GoldMind said:

Except Frederick and Irving. Would be nice to have those guys. But yes, we are pretty darn healthy right now.
Wichitabear
Definitely won't be easy for our Cowboys. A lot to take in. Mute if we can't beat Seattle. I would love to have Frederick back. But ..........probably not til next year
GoldMind
Franko said:

GoldMind said:

Except Frederick and Irving. Would be nice to have those guys. But yes, we are pretty darn healthy right now.

We're gonna grab em by the nose and we're gonna kick em in the ass, we're gonna kick the hell out of em all the time and we're gonna go through em like crap through a goose
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Franko said:

GoldMind said:

We're gonna grab em by the nose and we're gonna kick em in the ass, we're gonna kick the hell out of em all the time and we're gonna go through em like crap through a goose
rah rah ree,
kick'em in the knee,

rah rah ras,
kick'em in the other knee
Assassin

Dandy Don circa 1966, courtesy FW Startlegram
Wichitabear
Turn out the lights the parties over
Assassin
Debbie's best friend. Monica was a favorite of NFL cameramen... not sure why

Wichitabear
No idea whatsoever. Lolol
GoldMind
Assassin said:

Debbie's best friend. Monica was a favorite of NFL cameramen... not sure why

Lord have mercy on my wicked soul
Assassin
Cowboys LG Xavier Su'a-Filo (ankle) is listed as doubtful for Saturday's Wild Card game against the Seahawks and not expected to play. Connor Williams will fill in opposite Zack Martin. It's not ideal for depth purposes, but Su'a-Filo was extremely ineffective down the stretch.

Source: Brandon George on Twitter
Jan 3 - 5:52 PM
First Page Last Page
Page 266 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.