Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,080,976 Views | 29553 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by BearForce
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If there was any doubt who is America's Team

PFT: Cowboys fans could be storming the Coliseum

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/07/cowboys-fans-could-be-storming-the-coliseum/
GoldMind
BearForce said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/07/cowboys-fans-could-be-storming-the-coliseum/
You better damn believe that the righteous are numerous
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Providence will be well served by the return of the Super Bowl trophy.
Franko
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Providence will be well served by the return of the Super Bowl trophy.
...AND I WANT THAT TROPHY
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
Not sure that we will take a shot on Earl if his rate goes up. Hoping he will take a rather pedestrian $8,500,000 to come join us...
-----
Coach Pete Carroll admitted Monday he has not spoken to impending free agent Earl Thomas (broken leg) recently. Despite breaking his leg last Week 4, Thomas is on track to become one of the highest-paid safeties in league history when he reaches the open market. Carroll called Thomas a "great player," but was noncommittal on the Seahawks' chances of re-signing him. We fully expect Thomas to make it to free agency.

Source: Bob Condotta on Twitter
Jan 7 - 3:56 PM
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Just got off the phone with Thomas Henderson... He's all "go Cowboys!"
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Franko
Assassin said:

Call him back and ask him if he will buy me a lottery ticket.
Assassin
Franko said:

Assassin said:

Call him back and ask him if he will buy me a lottery ticket.
When he won the first time, he made a list of closest friends and family. Wrote each one a letter with a check for $10 grand. Said, 'spend it wisely - and please never ask me for money.'

I wasn't on that list then - or now!
Assassin
Cowboys coach Jason Garrett was cautious about Cole Beasley's (ankle) availability this week.
"We'll just see how he feels as the week goes on," Garrett said. "Seemed like he was doing a little bit better today and we'll just see how he is day by day as the week goes on." Beasley was able to play through the injury against the Seahawks, so it would be surprising if he is not ready to face the Rams on Saturday.

Source: dallascowboys.com
Jan 7 - 11:31 AM
Assassin
Robert Griffin III said he would "love" to re-sign with the Ravens.
With Joe Flacco expected to be shown the door, the Ravens need a backup behind Lamar Jackson, and Griffin would seem to be a natural fit. It would not be a surprise if the two sides come to an agreement before free agency opens in March.

Source: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter
Jan 7 - 11:10 AM

====

$1.1 mil for a year. I think I would be more comfortable with Robert than Cooper
Wichitabear
I like how you think Goldmind!!!!
Wichitabear
I enjoy reading this. They really hate the boys don't they. Lol. Scared to death that we will be in the super bowl.
BearForce
Getting a compensatory 4th for Hitchens would be nice

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/1/7/18172901/2019-nfl-draft-cowboys-projected-to-earn-fourth-round-compensatory-pick-for-anthony-hitchens
Assassin
BearForce said:

Getting a compensatory 4th for Hitchens would be nice

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/1/7/18172901/2019-nfl-draft-cowboys-projected-to-earn-fourth-round-compensatory-pick-for-anthony-hitchens
that will be our only one

Skins get 3 for Cousins, Giants get 4 for Pugh, Philly 4 for Burton, Skins 5 for Murphy, Giants 5 for Kennard, Skins 6 for Grant, Philly 6s for Allen and Robinson
Assassin
Cowboys LG Xavier Su'a-Filo (ankle) did not practice Tuesday. Su'a-Filo sat out the Wild Card win with an ankle injury, and he is not starting this week on the right foot. Rookie Connor Williams got the start at left guard with Su'a-Filo out last week.

Source: Calvin Watkins on Twitter

BearForce
Dallas is first playoff team without a starter over 30 in 31 years

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/10/dallas-is-first-playoff-team-without-a-starter-over-30-in-31-years/
Assassin
Blake Jarwin (ankle) is questionable for the Divisional Round. Jarwin did not practice all week, but the Cowboys are holding out hope he suits up. Dalton Schultz is next in line if Jarwin can't go.

This may be Rico's best chance to catch some passes
GoldMind
I made a board for my office with the 5 trophies on it and a blank space for #6 thats coming in a month or so.
Assassin
Dak Prescott showed up on the injury report yesterday. Jason Garrett said he injured his knee on this play, but he took every snap in practice yesterday and is expected to do the same the rest of the week. "No concern," Garrett said.
Assassin
Not sure I think that Murray will be a successful NFL QB. The transition from the college to NFL is a quantum leap. Everyone is fast. And he will have issues being 5'10.

If I were a GM, the soonest I would consider drafting him would be around the 3rd I think.

https://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/kyler-murray-enter-nfl-draft/480418
Wichitabear
Bad news. Ugh
Franko
Not sure he would have played anyway, but I'm hearing David Irving is going to be suspended for missing drug tests.
BearForce
Franko said:

Not sure he would have played anyway, but I'm hearing David Irving is going to be suspended for missing drug tests.

Yep
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/1/11/18178667/report-david-irving-has-missed-multiple-drug-tests-in-the-last-two-months
Franko
BearForce said:

Franko said:

Yep
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/1/11/18178667/report-david-irving-has-missed-multiple-drug-tests-in-the-last-two-months
His agent has the most frustrating job in the world. Dude is flushing millions down the toilet.
Wichitabear
More bad news. Might as well release him!
BearForce
Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

Yep
His agent has the most frustrating job in the world. Dude is flushing millions down the toilet.
Yes...and apparently he can't be functional enough to think about the opportunities he is wasting for his kids. I've been very hard on Randy Gregory but at least he is was only hurting himself...Irving is a totally different sort of waste.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

More bad news. Might as well release him!
I frankly agree but I think he might still get you some compensatory pick value in 2020 if you let him walk as a free agent this coming year vs. releasing him before the end of this year.
Wichitabear
Yes. Never thought of that. That is your job! I am merely on here to suggest lol
Assassin
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Cowboys plan to negotiate a long-term extension with coach Jason Garrett in the offseason.

Garrett's under contract through the 2019 season, but the Cowboys want to work with him towards an extension reportedly worth upwards of $8 million per year. It was only the beginning of November when Garrett was speculated to be coaching for his job, and now it sounds as if he'll be Dallas' head coach for the foreseeable future. While that certainly makes him clap endlessly, Garrett was undoubtedly out-coached at every turn this year and only showed life once the front office made staffing changes to surrounding coaches and coordinators. Garrett's last extension (which will be outdone) was a five-year deal worth $6 million annually.
Assassin
Assassin said:

Blake Jarwin (ankle) is questionable for the Divisional Round. Jarwin did not practice all week, but the Cowboys are holding out hope he suits up. Dalton Schultz is next in line if Jarwin can't go.

This may be Rico's best chance to catch some passes
Blake Jarwin (ankle) is expected to play in the Divisional Round against the Rams.

Jarwin and Cole Beasley (ankle) didn't practice all week but still reportedly have a 'solid chance' to play. Jarwin will likely still be limited, handing a few additional snaps to backup Dalton Schultz.
Assassin
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Allen Hurns (ankle) is "expected to be ready to return to football by August."

That is barring any setbacks. Hurns dislocated his ankle and suffered a broken fibula in a gruesome-looking injury on Saturday night and underwent surgery while the game was still ongoing. Thankfully, it does not appear as if the injury will affect his 2019 availability. Coming off a disappointing first year in Dallas, injured, and owed $5 million in salary and bonuses on a team option for next season, Hurns is likely to be looking for a new home this spring.
Assassin
Among the interesting things to watch tonight will be how the Cowboys react to play action. No team ran more play action in 2018 than the Rams, who averaged 9.2 yards per play on it. It'll really test the discipline of Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander-Esch inside.
Wichitabear
I'm not really excited about this.
BearForce
First Page Last Page
Page 274 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.