Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,090,404 Views | 29569 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Assassin
GoldMind
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce said:

tommie said:

BearForce said:

tommie said:

Unprepared.

Nope...this game was lost in the trenches, not in the scheme.

No RPO? That's scheme.

RPO doesn't stop the defense giving up over 230 yards on the ground nor does it help Williams block Donald.

Dont get me wrong, our offense scheme isnt optimal but that isnt what lost the game tonight.

Fact
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Mitch Blood Green
BearForce said:

tommie said:

BearForce said:

tommie said:

Unprepared.

Nope...this game was lost in the trenches, not in the scheme.

No RPO? That's scheme.

RPO doesn't stop the defense giving up over 230 yards on the ground nor does it help Williams block Donald.

Dont get me wrong, our offense scheme isnt optimal but that isnt what lost the game tonight.

It doesn't. Nor does a moving pocket. What it does do is give them 10 less plays.

Sometimes a D Line that good has to be gassed.
CorsicanaBear
Some are under the impression Jerry is running a football team where things like championships are important to making money. However, Jerry is running something much more profitable in this day and age: a reality show based on a football team. He needs drama more than he needs touchdowns. Jerry has more in common with The Rock than any other NFL owner.
Illigitimus non carborundum
canoso
CorsicanaBear said:

Some are under the impression Jerry is running a football team where things like championships are important to making money. However, Jerry is running something much more profitable in this day and age: a reality show based on a football team. He needs drama more than he needs touchdowns. Jerry has more in common with The Rock than any other NFL owner.
Did I mention that the Cowboys will not sniff another SB as long as JJ is in any way associated with the franchise?
Wichitabear
Ground and pound, the press loves it. I'm just annoyed. lol LA definitely out played us! Going to church
Wichitabear
Wichitabear said:

Ground and pound, the press loves it. I'm just annoyed. lol LA definitely out played us! Going to church
Press, need creativity in run game. We sure do!
GoldMind
canoso said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Did I mention that the Cowboys will not sniff another SB as long as JJ is in any way associated with the franchise?

Jerry didn't call an obvious catch a drop. Jerry didn't give up 200+ rush yards.

Jerry did win 3 rings and trying to say that was all Jimmy is just ******ation because without Jerry, there is no Johnson.

So while I get the hate for bad draft picks, I'll never get it for making this franchise better than it was when he got it.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
UPBaylor
CorsicanaBear said:

I came to that conclusion about 15 years ago about the whole NFL. Winning is nice and it's one way to make money because of popularity and championship notoriety, but that's doing it the hard way. Just make your team entertaining to the masses with controversy if necessary. Easy. Profit. If you win too, that's just a bonus.

Pro sports are all just entertainment businesses and winning is just one form of entertainment. I don't get caught up in following it much anymore. I watch some games and want 'my team' (Cowboys) to win. But, if they don't, no biggie. Oh well. I'll watch whoever is playing next week and pick 'my team' for 3 hours of entertainment and move on.

Totally different than college sports.
BellCountyBear
UPBaylor said:

CorsicanaBear said:

I came to that conclusion about 15 years ago about the whole NFL. Winning is nice and it's one way to make money because of popularity and championship notoriety, but that's doing it the hard way. Just make your team entertaining to the masses with controversy if necessary. Easy. Profit. If you win too, that's just a bonus.

Pro sports are all just entertainment businesses and winning is just one form of entertainment. I don't get caught up in following it much anymore. I watch some games and want 'my team' (Cowboys) to win. But, if they don't, no biggie. Oh well. I'll watch whoever is playing next week and pick 'my team' for 3 hours of entertainment and move on.

Totally different than college sports.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly.
Assassin
On reflection - a very good year overall. Especially considering we are the second youngest team in the NFL
Also, all this done without the leader of the offensive line, the All Pro C Frederick
An outstanding year for LVE. HUGE upside. Especiallty considering that coming into this season, he had started in a grand total of 13 games of 11 man football in his life
Jaylon Smith - Jerry's team stuck it's neck out to take this kid. It's paid off big time
Connor Williams - I think a year with NFL coaching will really improve this kid
Dak - he's a trooper. Some really bad mechanical habits that a QB coach should smooth out
Zeke - ALL PRO
Cooper - Wow!
Gallup - "

Not so good
Sean Lee's NFL career may be over.
Frederick - is his NFL dream done?
Rico - my green and gold glasses are shattered. I just dont see it anymore - as much as I want to
Terrance Willams - "
Linehan - play calling was subpar when it counted. Why they do not used his legs in designed plays, I have not idea
David Irving - what a waste of God given talent. Lets hope he get the help the help he needs

Next year
We need DT help - as we have no Rd 1 (well spent I might add!), if Wilkins is there from Clemson, he is my top guy although I might like to go anti Marinelli and grab a 330lb run plugger. Rakeown Davis from Bama may be there too. Wilkins DT buddy is rated 2nd, Dexter Lawrence, 350lb plugger mentioned above
DLaw - I think you must sign him. Not a lot of choices
Sean Lee - afraid we may bite the bullet and let him go
TE - thinking they would like to add another one with Swaims injuries. I really liked what the two youngsters did though. You really have two top TEs, Hayden Hurst form SoCar and Dallas Goedert from SD State. Hurst is leaps and bounds at the top but doubt he will be there in 2.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
trumpetbear
Goedert is already in the NFL. Plays for the eagles.
Wichitabear
Good perspective.
Wichitabear
Whoops lol.
baylorrific
Anyone who thinks Jerry owns the Cowboys to make money and not to win Super Bowls has not observed Jerry's behavior over the years. Jerry may not be the best at building a team for championships, but he is undeniably trying his hardest.
Assassin
trumpetbear said:

as is Hayden Hurst

pulled up Wilkins from last year and forgot to change

Okwuegbunam from Missou is the best. Fant from Iowa are the top two. Maybe Irv Smith from Bama>
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

trumpetbear said:

as is Hayden Hurst

pulled up Wilkins from last year and forgot to change

Okwuegbunam from Missou is the best. Fant from Iowa are the top two. Maybe Irv Smith from Bama>

Fant's teammate is also salty.
BearForce
So looks like chalk reigns in the NFL playoffs as its 1 v 2 seeds in both conferences.

In the meantime here is our Free Agent list: https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/1/13/18180636/complete-list-of-2019-dallas-cowboys-free-agents

DLaw is the only person on that list that is a must do.
Assassin
On three different occasions in the regular season, right guard Zack Martin suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee and missed the first two games of his career. He will talk to the Cowboys' athletic training staff but is leaning toward not playing in the Pro Bowl. "Probably not the smartest thing to do," Martin said. "Want to give this knee as much time to heal as possible."
Assassin
Heading into Week 15, the NFL announced the new cap number will range from $187 million to $191.1 million. For those claiming the league was dying, that's a 40% increase over the 2014 season, in a span that's seen the figures raise by more than $10 million per team per year, according to an official announcement. What does this mean for the Cowboys, specifically? It means they're projected available cap will have a floor of just under $47.4 million, and a ceiling of just over $51 million.
canoso
GoldMind said:

canoso said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Jerry didn't call an obvious catch a drop. Jerry didn't give up 200+ rush yards.

Jerry did win 3 rings and trying to say that was all Jimmy is just ******ation because without Jerry, there is no Johnson.

So while I get the hate for bad draft picks, I'll never get it for making this franchise better than it was when he got it.
I can certainly understand your focus on the past.

But, I'm talking about the future. Hide in the bushes and watch.
BearForce
Cowboys staff to coach the pro bowl...this makes me nervous, especially if Linehan is actually there because it makes me doubt change is coming. If we are going to make a change we need to make it pretty much immediately before all the new head coaches finalize their OC picks.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/1/13/18181440/jason-garrett-and-cowboys-coaches-will-coach-nfc-side-in-pro-bowl
BearForce
And I'm done...the Cowboys are officially dead to me

GoldMind
BearForce said:

Lol yea right
Franko
Well, now we know that we got Cooper for the 27th pick in this year's draft. I'd say it was worth it.
GoldMind
Time to pick up some 2nd round DL help
Franko
I'm still pissed about Jeff Heath's horrible recognition and lack of effort on Goff's backbreaking run. Just pathetic.

BearForce
BearForce said:

And then sanity (Stephen) steps in....

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/1/14/18182485/stephen-jones-says-its-a-little-early-to-speculate-about-coaches-for-next-year
BearForce
BearForce said:

BearForce said:

And then sanity (Stephen) steps in....

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/1/14/18182485/stephen-jones-says-its-a-little-early-to-speculate-about-coaches-for-next-year

And then the Clapper not only backpedals, he pleads the 5th

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/1/14/18182557/jason-garrett-no-decisions-have-been-made-yet-for-2019-its-a-collaborative-effort
BearForce
You could have stopped at Jeff Heath....the rest is frankly redundant.

Seriously, the fact he is still a starter with poor instincts and from the Deion school of tackling just infuriates me. I'm ready to pay Earl Thomas or Landon Collins to get a ball hawking safety in place.
Brandwin
Did you guys really think Garrett would say during a radio interview that Linehan wasn't coming back? Step off the damn ledge.
BearForce
Brandwin said:

Did you guys really think Garrett would say during a radio interview that Linehan wasn't coming back? Step off the damn ledge.

I would have expected what Stephen said...that we have not yet evaluated the overall performance this season yet. What I dont expect is a statement that says nothing is changing if you dont have that set in stone...now the, go back to your ledge.
GoldMind
What about OL, we better draft anyone in rounds 2 and 3
BearForce
GoldMind said:

What about OL, we better draft anyone in rounds 2 and 3

We need a credible swing OT more than anything on the OL and you likely have to get that guy or the DT in round 2. This TE draft looks deep enough you have a chance to still have quality in the 4th. Also, let's see where he falls but I wouldn't mind having a Hunter Renfrow as a WR3 replacement for Beasley and Austin. Still need a KR though and also need a RB2 possibly.
Assassin
If Travis Frederick's recovery from Guillain-Barre syndrome continues on its current track, the Cowboys anticipate the four-time Pro Bowl center being ready to participate in the start of voluntary offseason program this spring, head coach Jason Garrett said Monday.

"I think it's very positive," Garrett said of Frederick's long-term outlook after he missed the entire 2018 season due to the auto-immune illness that affects the nervous system.
BearForce
Assassin said:

If Travis Frederick's recovery from Guillain-Barre syndrome continues on its current track, the Cowboys anticipate the four-time Pro Bowl center being ready to participate in the start of voluntary offseason program this spring, head coach Jason Garrett said Monday.

"I think it's very positive," Garrett said of Frederick's long-term outlook after he missed the entire 2018 season due to the auto-immune illness that affects the nervous system.
Going left to right, in an ideal world, this is our OL
Smith | Collins | Frederick | Martin | Williams

Keep Fila as a backup OG, Looney as backup C if you can, and then get a swing OT upgrade to Flemming
First Page Last Page
Page 276 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.