Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,073,609 Views | 29541 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by BearForce
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My first post-LA mock draft using the Fanspeak simulator NFL Mock Big Board:

59: R2P27
OT ISAIAH PRINCE
OHIO STATE
While I normally hate drafting backups this early, if you want a OT, and one that might have a chance to play at LT then you have to do what you have to do.

90: R3P26
TE IRV SMITH JR.
ALABAMA
I think when its all said and done he is drafted a round earlier but I saw a lot of depth at TE in the second and third round so if we want to draft one, they will be available. Irv Smith Jr, 2nd generation NFL TE, is the perfect mix of blocker and down field threat that we want in Dallas. This pretty much ends the Rico experiment.

129: R4P27
DL JAVON KINLAW
SOUTH CAROLINA
I need to see this guy on tape but The Draft Network loved him and his athleticism. He fits the twinner 3-tech we like but I think will be able to play the run too.

136: R4P34
WR HUNTER RENFROW
CLEMSON
I told you I wanted this guy so you know I was going to snag him if I had the chance. Sick route runner with off the chart hands...bye bye Beasley and Austin, unless you want to keep Austin for his KR skills.

166: R5P27
S ANTOINE BROOKS JR.
MARYLAND
Another guy the Draft Network love...he is a rover safety that many college teams, including ours, use as that third safety/slot safety type. He can cover and still play in the box and has the size to pull both off.

243: R7P27
DL IRA LEWIS
BAYLOR
We all know him and before you guys say I went homer, I did again consult The Draft Network and here is what was the clincher for me "As a one-tech is a decent pass rusher who generates initial interior penetration but loses that productivity as he moves outside."
Wichitabear
Lololol. Bearforce. You love the boys.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Lololol. Bearforce. You love the boys.

Like a drug addiction
Wichitabear
Assassin
we were outcoached - https://larrybrownsports.com/football/rams-linemen-knew-what-cowboys-defense-was-going-to-do/480952
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Free agents
WR Tavon Austin
WR Cole Beasley
DT David Irving
T Cameron Fleming
DE Datone Jones
LS L.P. Ladouceur
DE DeMarcus Lawrence
G Marcus Martin
FB Jamize Olawale
DT Caraun Reid
RB Rod Smith
TE Geoff Swaim
LB Damien Wilson

Restricted free agents
S Darian Thompson
LB Justin March-Lillard

Key dates
Jan. 26: Senior Bowl
Jan. 27: Pro Bowl
Feb 3: Super Bowl LIII, Atlanta
Feb. 26-March 4: NFL scouting combine, Indianapolis
March 5: Deadline to designate franchise or transition players
March 11-13: Clubs are permitted to negotiate with unrestricted free agents
March 13: League year begins; free agents can sign contracts
March 24-27: Annual league meeting, Phoenix
April 25-27: NFL draft, Nashville
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
GoldMind
How many we gonna keep?
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

How many we gonna keep?

DLaw is the only must do
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

How many we gonna keep?

DLaw is the only must do

Lol, you didn't spend cheese on Cole Beasley's jersey
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

How many we gonna keep?

DLaw is the only must do

I dont own anyone's jersey.

But yeah, Beasley will be 30, seems to be losing a step, and doesn't nothing for you in the return game. You can keep Austin and get more roster value than keeping Beasley.
Assassin
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

How many we gonna keep?

DLaw is the only must do

But yeah, Beasley will be 30, seems to be losing a step, and doesn't nothing for you in the return game. You can keep Austin and get more roster value than keeping Beasley.
Austin is a B version of Beazley. I would pay more to keep Beaz if I had to choose between the two.

Beaz is a proven commodity. Austin is an unproven potential
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

How many we gonna keep?

DLaw is the only must do

Austin is a B version of Beazley. I would pay more to keep Beaz if I had to choose between the two.

Austin will be cheaper and contributes in more ways.

Of course we could have kept Switzer and made this whole discussion moot.
GoldMind
We could just keep Beasley just because he's a decent rapper
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

How many we gonna keep?

DLaw is the only must do

Austin hasnt proven a lot to me. Dak doesnt seem to be comfortable with him either which worries me. And I still dont know what was behind the Switzer deal. Seemed to have a much higher upside then the DT that last about two minutes here. But thats water under the bridge
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

How many we gonna keep?

DLaw is the only must do

Austin hasnt proven a lot to me. Dak doesnt seem to be comfortable with him either which worries me. And I still dont know what was behind the Switzer deal. Seemed to have a much higher upside then the DT that last about two minutes here. But thats water under the bridge

Which to be honest is why I would rather draft a WR3...Austin is injury prone and Beasley is losing to father time.
Assassin
Wouldnt be a bad thing. Would have liked Noah Brown to step up but he seems to either have hands of stone at the wrong times - or brain farts.
Assassin
glad they got Colombo back as OL coach. the guys respond to him.
boognish_bear

So....who are gonna get?
Mitch Blood Green
boognish_bear said:

So....who are gonna get?

Briles?
boognish_bear
tommie said:

boognish_bear said:

So....who are gonna get?

Briles?

Which one?
BearForce
boognish_bear said:

So....who are gonna get?

I would like to steal Eric Bienmey from KC personally but I think KC can block it since he technically is the OC there now.
GoldMind
BearForce said:

boognish_bear said:

So....who are gonna get?

I would like to steal Eric Bienmey from KC personally but I think KC can block it since he technically is the OC there now.
briles is busy trying to win in Italy, Id take Bienmy or hell Id take Wisenhunt
Assassin
Broadus and Spags mentioned Doug Nussmeier . He's our TE coach. Speculating he would be the named coach and Garret would call plays.

Coaches are at Senior Bowl, Garrett at ProBowl, maybe to meet with more prospects?
Assassin
Assassin said:

Broadus and Spags mentioned Doug Nussmeier . He's our TE coach. Speculating he would be the named coach and Garret would call plays.

Coaches are at Senior Bowl, Garrett at ProBowl, maybe to meet with more prospects?
from last year when he was hired
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Cowboys-Hire-Tight-End-Coach-Doug-Nussmeier-to-Complete-Coaching-Staff--474094773.html
Assassin
I would think Sanjay Lal would get a looksee too. Did a solid job bringing long Gallup this year and implementing Cooper
BearForce
Assassin said:

He is the best internal candidate
PacificBear
ART BRILES FOR OC
Mitch Blood Green
boognish_bear said:

tommie said:

boognish_bear said:

So....who are gonna get?

Briles?

Which one?

There's only one and he has a son.
Assassin
Cowboys signed WR Devin Smith to a reserve/futures contract. Smith spent last year out of the league and hasn't played a game since tearing his ACL in 2017. A second-round pick in 2015, the former Jet faces an uphill battle to crack the Cowboys' 53-man roster.
Assassin
Cowboys DT Antwaun Woods is recovering from surgery to repair a torn labrum. Woods suffered the injury in the Cowboys' Divisional Round loss to the Rams, apparently playing through the ailment for much of the contest. It's a fairly serious operation, one that can come with a lengthy rehab timeline. Woods should be considered questionable for the start of training camp. A third-year UDFA in 2018, Woods made the first 15 starts of his NFL career, earning neutral marks from Pro Football Focus.
Wichitabear
This is so sad. I don't see him continuing his career with us.
BearForce
Total stud

Assassin said:

Cowboys DT Antwaun Woods is recovering from surgery to repair a torn labrum. Woods suffered the injury in the Cowboys' Divisional Round loss to the Rams, apparently playing through the ailment for much of the contest. It's a fairly serious operation, one that can come with a lengthy rehab timeline. Woods should be considered questionable for the start of training camp. A third-year UDFA in 2018, Woods made the first 15 starts of his NFL career, earning neutral marks from Pro Football Focus.
Wichitabear
Hello Bearforce
BearForce
Hi
GoldMind
Important to note that briles has never been a coordinator at any level
First Page Last Page
Page 277 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.