Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,076,829 Views | 29545 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Assassin
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What would Garret do if we hired Briles? Oh , I forgot. He would continue standing around sucking his thumb.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

What would Garret do if we hired Briles? Oh , I forgot. He would continue standing around sucking his thumb.

Nope...Garrett would applaud the move
BearForce
James Coley has Saban/Garrett connections

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/james-coley-dallas-cowboys-georgia-football
boognish_bear

Jerrah's thoughts in 2016

Owner Jerry Jones voiced his support for Art Briles on Tuesday, saying he believes the former Baylor coach will be back in football soon and adding that he would want his grandson to play for him.

Briles, whose daughter Jancy worked in the Cowboys public relations department for a number of years, has a standing invitation to attend the team's practices. He stood in the tower overlooking the two practice fields with Jones and Oscar De La Hoya, who was in attendance to promote a fight at AT&T Stadium.

"It was real good sitting there watching him and listening to him talk about evaluating the quarterbacks and looking at some of the receivers, his perspective on them,'' Jones said. "I really enjoyed his evaluation of what we're doing.''

Jones called Briles extraordinarily talented and said he "would be a great asset to an organization.''

The Cowboys owner was asked if that meant the NFL level.

"At any level,'' Jones said. "He's a football coach and really understands talent, can evaluate talent.''

Jones said he doesn't see the scandal at Baylor and Briles' forced departure as an issue for him to get back into the game.

"Well I don't, no, I don't,'' Jones said. "I think he has such a distinguished coaching career that...

"I will vouch for him as a person. He's top quality as a person. I'd want my grandson if he had the chance, to play for him.''
Assassin
Greg Hardy as the co-main event of UFC Fight Night 143, with Cejudo/Dillashaw as the other main
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
GoldMind
Can we hire Romo for OC?
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
boognish_bear

Man....Kellen is only 30. That's a rapid rise if he gets the OC gig

BearForce
boognish_bear said:

Dont mind Kitna but Moore as OC would be a joke.
boognish_bear
GoldMind said:

Can we hire Romo for OC?

Can we interest you in one of Romo's back ups?
Assassin
BearForce said:

boognish_bear said:

Dont mind Kitna but Moore as OC would be a joke.
Really concerned about this - Moore could never correct Dak's mechanical issues, getting his feet set, throwing motions, reading Ds, checkoffs, etc
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Kitna might turn out to be a good coach. He was well thought of while he was here - just not a lot of NFL starter level skill
Assassin
If I could get Dak to watch any QB, it would be Drew Brees. See how he gets the ball out quickly, how he throws to a spot, lofting the ball, etc
BearForce
Assassin said:

Kitna might turn out to be a good coach. He was well thought of while he was here - just not a lot of NFL starter level skill

Kitna had a decent run as a starter in Seattle. We got him at the end of his career...I have no problem with Kitna.
BearForce
So no extension and now Garrett to call plays...looks to me Stephen is saying it's time for Garrett to **** or get off the pot.

If Garrett wants to roll with KLess as his OC then let him dig his own grave.

Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Kitna had a decent run as a starter in Seattle. We got him at the end of his career...I have no problem with Kitna.
169 TDs to 165 Interceptions. He's like that middle reliever that comes in for 3 innings with 4.75 era.
Wichitabear
Boy LA sure doesn't look like they did last week.
Wichitabear
Oh ok I see how it is. Y'all don't want talk today. Lolololol kidding. Cowboys are out so that is a real big disappointment.
GoldMind
What a game on the river
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
GoldMind said:

What a game on the river
we have another thread on it
BearForce
Peyton manages that last possession correctly and the Saints already would have won.
Wichitabear
LA gets to go to the Super Bowl blablabla
whitetrash
Wichitabear said:

LA gets to go to the Super Bowl blablabla
If there ever was a town that didn't deserve to have a team in the super bowl it's El Lay.
GoldMind
I'll tell y'all one thing, the day brady retires, I'm throwing a party that will make Woodstock look like a 4year olds Chuck E. Cheese party
BearForce
GoldMind said:

I'll tell y'all one thing, the day brady retires, I'm throwing a party that will make Woodstock look like a 4year olds Chuck E. Cheese party

That's pretty tame for you
Wichitabear
Lololol
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

That's pretty tame for you

I'll put Caligula to shame
robby44
There are 31 other teams in the NFL and 130 FBS schools - who came calling on the Cowboys to interview Moore to be their OC?
Assassin
robby44 said:

There are 31 other teams in the NFL and 130 FBS schools - who came calling on the Cowboys to interview Moore to be their OC?
Hadn't seen that.

BearForce
Assassin said:

robby44 said:

Hadn't seen that.

Get your sarcasm detector checked.
Assassin
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports coach Jason Garrett is expected to be "more involved" with offensive play-calling next season. Dallas' assistant coaching positions will continue to live in perpetual motion this offseason as ex-Cowboys QB Jon Kitna will reportedly be brought on as the team's QB coach, likely bumping Kellen Moore to OC. Garrett being involved in play-calling would still be an odd juxtaposition since that's the same role he "gave up" to Bill Callahan back in 2013. Scott Linehan had formerly been the team's play-caller from 2014 on. After all of the dust and smoke settles, the Cowboys are expected to have the same offensive blueprint as they did in the latter half of 2018.

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

Assassin
Kitna has to come in, work with Dak all offseason to correct his mechanics. He has some horrible throwing habits like throwing without setting his feet, reading Ds, tuck and run when he can get a 1st down, etc. He has to have the timeclock and down marker embded in his head before the play. A nearly certain 1st down running is more important than a maybe-maybe catch 10 yds further. Move the chains. Ball control. Move the chains
BearForce
Assassin said:

Kitna has to come in, work with Dak all offseason to correct his mechanics. He has some horrible throwing habits like throwing without setting his feet, reading Ds, tuck and run when he can get a 1st down, etc. He has to have the timeclock and down marker embded in his head before the play. A nearly certain 1st down running is more important than a maybe-maybe catch 10 yds further. Move the chains. Ball control. Move the chains

Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Ol Hank!

I worked with his daughter Julia on the ships.
robby44
Assassin said:

robby44 said:

Hadn't seen that.

Sorry I should have had a period on there

There are 31 other teams in the NFL and 130 FBS schools.
Who came calling on the Cowboys to interview Moore to be their OC?

Assassin
robby44 said:

Assassin said:

robby44 said:

Hadn't seen that.

Sorry I should have had a period on there

There are 31 other teams in the NFL and 130 FBS schools.
Who came calling on the Cowboys to interview Moore to be their OC?

Its a bad thing when you miss your period Robby...
First Page Last Page
Page 278 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.