Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,077,713 Views | 29549 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by BearForce
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones wants LB Sean Lee to return for 2019. "We want him back," Jones told 105.3 The Fan. "He's a leader on this team." Lee is coming off another injury-prone year missing nine games with hamstring issues. He wouldn't rule out retirement in a postseason press conference. Releasing Lee would create $7 million in cap savings, but Dallas looks open to keeping him.
BearForce
Assassin said:

robby44 said:

Assassin said:

robby44 said:

There are 31 other teams in the NFL and 130 FBS schools - who came calling on the Cowboys to interview Moore to be their OC?
Hadn't seen that.

Sorry I should have had a period on there

There are 31 other teams in the NFL and 130 FBS schools.
Who came calling on the Cowboys to interview Moore to be their OC?

Its a bad thing when you miss your period Robby...

Savage
Franko
robby44 said:

Assassin said:

robby44 said:

There are 31 other teams in the NFL and 130 FBS schools - who came calling on the Cowboys to interview Moore to be their OC?
Hadn't seen that.

Sorry I should have had a period on there

There are 31 other teams in the NFL and 130 FBS schools.
Who came calling on the Cowboys to interview Moore to be their OC?

In Garrett's 8 years as HC, no one on his offensive staff has left for an OC job in the NFL. That says something about what the league thinks of Garrett's offensive system.
BearForce
Some well deserved love for Joe Looney

https://insidethestar.com/how-joe-looney-saved-the-cowboys-season-and-protected-their-future/
Assassin
BearForce said:

Some well deserved love for Joe Looney

https://insidethestar.com/how-joe-looney-saved-the-cowboys-season-and-protected-their-future/
I said up top that he was my MVP. Pretty damn impressive season
Assassin
CBS broadcaster Tony Romo confirmed he's received recent contract offers from NFL teams.

It's not surprising; Romo is now years removed from the back injuries that effectively ended his career and won't turn 39 until April. "There was something earlier this season and definitely two times this offseason," said Romo. "Usually, it is a coach that reaches out." Romo did indicate he's happy in broadcasting, where he's fast emerged as the top color analyst in the game.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
hilarous

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
whitetrash
Assassin said:

hilarous

Is that a better or worse job than being the flop sweat towel girl?
Assassin
whitetrash said:

Assassin said:

hilarous

Is that a better or worse job than being the flop sweat towel girl?
Or the Baylor Beer Thief?

BearForce
Hmm...

Wichitabear
Are we losing the Beas????
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Are we losing the Beas????

I think so...he will be 30 and Tavon Austin will be cheaper and more versatile as a special teams player...and we will draft someone too.
Wichitabear
I will miss him. But it is totally understandable. He has had a good run. Thank you Bearforce!
BearForce
So, just for the sake of playing out the possibility, I wanted to go and look at what I think Kellen Moore would try to do if he were our OC and thought it he would borrow heavily from his college coach, Chris Peterson. With that in mind here is some interesting articles on what Peterson likes to do and as you can see it looks very similar to what Sean McVey is doing in terms of bunched and stacked WR formations and motion to create space at the snap between the WRs and DBs as well as using misdirection to help in the run game. If this is what we are headed towards then I could get down with that.

https://www.theonlycolors.com/2012/8/30/3272824/chris-petersens-three-laws-of-motion

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2016/11/3/13486704/how-does-the-washington-husky-offense-work-chris-peterson-browning-gaskin

As an aside, Miles Gaskin is in this draft...
BearForce
Looks like The Landry Hat had the same thoughts about Moore I just shared:

The Landry Hat: Dallas Cowboys: What does Kellen Moore bring to the table?.
https://thelandryhat.com/2019/01/22/dallas-cowboys-kellen-moore-bring-table/
BearForce
59: R2P27
TE IRV SMITH
ALABAMA

90: R3P26
DL ISAIAH BUGGS
ALABAMA

129: R4P27
RB ELIJAH HOLYFIELD
GEORGIA

136: R4P34
WR STANLEY MORGAN JR.
NEBRASKA

166: R5P27
S DEVIN STUDSTILL
NOTRE DAME

243: R7P27
OT CHUMA EDOGA
USC
GoldMind
BearForce said:

TE IRV SMITH
ALABAMA

DL ISAIAH BUGGS
ALABAMA

RB ELIJAH HOLYFIELD
GEORGIA

WR STANLEY MORGAN JR.
NEBRASKA

S DEVIN STUDSTILL
NOTRE DAME

OT CHUMA EDOGA
USC
Why TE?
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

TE IRV SMITH
ALABAMA

DL ISAIAH BUGGS
ALABAMA

RB ELIJAH HOLYFIELD
GEORGIA

WR STANLEY MORGAN JR.
NEBRASKA

S DEVIN STUDSTILL
NOTRE DAME

OT CHUMA EDOGA
USC
Why TE?

Fair question...Jarwin may not be the long term guy and the way the draft fell, he was best player at a need position.
Wichitabear
He sure has done a good job. So, you think there is one better in the draft?
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

He sure has done a good job. So, you think there is one better in the draft?

Jarwin is a 3 game wonder...for now
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

TE IRV SMITH
ALABAMA

DL ISAIAH BUGGS
ALABAMA

RB ELIJAH HOLYFIELD
GEORGIA

WR STANLEY MORGAN JR.
NEBRASKA

S DEVIN STUDSTILL
NOTRE DAME

OT CHUMA EDOGA
USC
Why TE?

Fair question...Jarwin may not be the long term guy and the way the draft fell, he was best player at a need position.
I just wonder if G or T isnt the bigger need at the moment, on offense anyway
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

TE IRV SMITH
ALABAMA

DL ISAIAH BUGGS
ALABAMA

RB ELIJAH HOLYFIELD
GEORGIA

WR STANLEY MORGAN JR.
NEBRASKA

S DEVIN STUDSTILL
NOTRE DAME

OT CHUMA EDOGA
USC
Why TE?

I just wonder if G or T isnt the bigger need at the moment, on offense anyway

Swing OT yeah...OG, not so much.

I really hope they switch Collins and Williams.
Wichitabear
Ok
BearForce
For those interested, the way Assassin and I generate mock drafts is through the site below. Once you run one you will see how the mock drafts sometimes put you in some odd choice positions depending on how players fall

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/
Assassin
Not too sure that Fredericks will be back, Dak and Zeke are nothing if Looney goes down. 6'3, 313 and a MissState Bulldog, Dak will like that

Wilson is a 6'5, 235 Dallas kid. Led UCLA in receptions (60) and receiving yards (965), the highest totals ever . by a Bruin tight end. Superstrong hands, long arms - would probably step into the 2nd receiving TE behind Jarwin, maybe pass him

This Hurd kid, I dont know too much about him but he has a cool haircut

If Anderson comes off the ACL okay, he would be a steal in the 4th

1: R2P27
C ELGTON JENKINS
MISSISSIPPI STATE

2: R3P26
TE CALEB WILSON
UCLA

3: R4P27
WR JALEN HURD
BAYLOR

4: R4P34
RB RODNEY ANDERSON
OKLAHOMA

5: R5P27
LB JOE GILES-HARRIS
DUKE

6: R7P27
DL KEVIN GIVENS
PENN STATE
Wichitabear
That's awesome!!! I'm going to go shopping until the season starts again.
Assassin
From what I see in the draft listings, there is a derth of depth of DL and and abundance of TEs in this draft. We need both.

FA will tell us more

Important dates 2019 up to 1st regular season game

January 26 Senior Bowl, Ladd-Peebles Stadium, Mobile, Alabama
January 27 NFL Pro Bowl, Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Florida

February 3 Super Bowl LIII, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
February 26 March 4 NFL Scouting Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana
March 5 Deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition players (prior to 4:00 p.m. ET)
March 13 HAPPY NEW YEAR! The 2019 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m. ET
April 1 Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2018 regular season may begin offseason workout programs
April 25-27 2019 NFL Draft, Nashville, Tennessee
Mid-July Clubs are permitted to open preseason training camp for rookies and first-year players beginning seven days prior to the club's earliest permissible mandatory reporting date for veteran players.
August 1 Hall of Fame Game, Canton, Ohio
August 31 Clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the Active/Inactive List (prior to 4 p.m. ET)
September 5, 8-9 Regular Season Week 1
trey3216
Assassin said:

Not too sure that Fredericks will be back, Dak and Zeke are nothing if Looney goes down. 6'3, 313 and a MissState Bulldog, Dak will like that

Wilson is a 6'5, 235 Dallas kid. Led UCLA in receptions (60) and receiving yards (965), the highest totals ever . by a Bruin tight end. Superstrong hands, long arms - would probably step into the 2nd receiving TE behind Jarwin, maybe pass him

This Hurd kid, I dont know too much about him but he has a cool haircut

If Anderson comes off the ACL okay, he would be a steal in the 4th

1: R2P27
C ELGTON JENKINS
MISSISSIPPI STATE

2: R3P26
TE CALEB WILSON
UCLA

3: R4P27
WR JALEN HURD
BAYLOR

4: R4P34
RB RODNEY ANDERSON
OKLAHOMA

5: R5P27
LB JOE GILES-HARRIS
DUKE

6: R7P27
DL KEVIN GIVENS
PENN STATE

Frederick is nearly back at full strength right now. He is just lacking the combo of strength and conditioning/explosion. He is expecting himself to fully partake in OTA's. He's on Ben & Skin on 105.3 every week
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Frederick is nearly back at full strength right now. He is just lacking the combo of strength and conditioning/explosion. He is expecting himself to fully partake in OTA's. He's on Ben & Skin on 105.3 every week
thats what I'm hoping for. 4 out of 5 patients recover but only one NFL player that I am aware that played at this level, Mark Schlereth of the Skins, played 7 seasons after being diagnosed.

The problem seems to be the nerve endings. It would be nice not to feel pain, but that also makes you not feel sensations - not good for an OL.

He can lift all the weights he wants but if his body doesn't let the nerve endings heal, then he will never be that All Pro that we know again.
Assassin
I had no idea he was this good. Seemed to be slipping - I guess not

trey3216
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

thats what I'm hoping for. 4 out of 5 patients recover but only one NFL player that I am aware that played at this level, Mark Schlereth of the Skins, played 7 seasons after being diagnosed.

The problem seems to be the nerve endings. It would be nice not to feel pain, but that also makes you not feel sensations - not good for an OL.

He can lift all the weights he wants but if his body doesn't let the nerve endings heal, then he will never be that All Pro that we know again.
hes said repeatedly that the nerve endings are healing, at a rapid pace. He even said he could have actually filled in for a few series during the playoffs if he needed and we was eligible (he wasnt). But his rate of improvement, and the timeliness of catching and treating it, are pointing to his recovering fully
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

hes said repeatedly that the nerve endings are healing, at a rapid pace. He even said he could have actually filled in for a few series during the playoffs if he needed and we was eligible (he wasnt). But his rate of improvement, and the timeliness of catching and treating it, are pointing to his recovering fully
My concern is that he is a football player. Programmed to work past the pain and excel. That programming is his head telling him to say that and think that.

My other concern is that there is only one other case that I know of, for an NFL player to come back and play. And Schlerth wasnt quite as good as Frederick based on the All Pro voting.

Also, you have to wonder around Schlerths 29 (TWENTY NINE) operations before he retired. Twenty on his knees. His pain tolerance was legendary. My thought is, how much of that was due to not feeling that from dead nerves due to GBS

So Frederick may be the new cornerstone for this in the NFL. But until he hits the field for a sustained time, we probably wont know for sure
trey3216
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

My concern is that he is a football player. Programmed to work past the pain and excel. That programming is his head telling him to say that and think that.

My other concern is that there is only one other case that I know of, for an NFL player to come back and play. And Schlerth wasnt quite as good as Frederick based on the All Pro voting.

Also, you have to wonder around Schlerths 29 (TWENTY NINE) operations before he retired. Twenty on his knees. His pain tolerance was legendary. My thought is, how much of that was due to not feeling that from dead nerves due to GBS

So Frederick may be the new cornerstone for this in the NFL. But until he hits the field for a sustained time, we probably wont know for sure

fair enough. But I'll trust the guy that is going through the feelings everyday. The one that knows his own body and it's limitations in both extremes. The guy isn't going to put himself on the field until he knows he is capable of competing at the level he is accustomed to. He believes right now he is on pace to do so by OTAs.
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

fair enough. But I'll trust the guy that is going through the feelings everyday. The one that knows his own body and it's limitations in both extremes. The guy isn't going to put himself on the field until he knows he is capable of competing at the level he is accustomed to. He believes right now he is on pace to do so by OTAs.
Just playing Devils Advocate. Cowboys will probably have a pretty good idea by draft time. If we draft a center high, that will tell us something
trey3216
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

Just playing Devils Advocate. Cowboys will probably have a pretty good idea by draft time. If we draft a center high, that will tell us something
no doubt. I'm not trying to argue with you. Just saying I trust a 26/27 year old guy that knows his body. He's not old enough to not know, which is one of the reasons why they caught it so early
First Page Last Page
Page 279 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.