Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,051,131 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Just ignored my first.

Nice function

Yes it is...now if no one will quote him it will be all perfect. That was one nice thing about Tapatalk was once you had a person on ignore it even blocked quotes of that person.
The only one I ever blocked on BaylorFans in all those years was WAC.

Not sure why but WAC and I never had any issues. I did block stranger and of course the many reincarnations of Bear.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Damontre' Moore is eligible to return to the team tomorrow.

Yep and we need him. Is Irving 4 games?
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Damontre' Moore is eligible to return to the team tomorrow.

Yep and we need him. Is Irving 4 games?
Yep.

Add in the fact we played two really good defenses in G1 and 2.

Coming up:

On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Franko
Judge Mazzant, the district judge presiding over Elliott's case, denied the NFL's Motion To Stay his ruling against the NFL pending the appeal. The NFL has filed the same motion with the Court of Appeals which has yet to be ruled on.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Assassin
Franko said:

Judge Mazzant, the district judge presiding over Elliott's case, denied the NFL's Motion To Stay his ruling against the NFL pending the appeal. The NFL has filed the same motion with the Court of Appeals which has yet to be ruled on.
Thought for a second Zeke started serving his suspension yesterday...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Franko
Assassin said:

Franko said:

Thought for a second Zeke started serving his suspension yesterday...
I had the same thought.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Assassin
Coach Jason Garrett revealed Dak Prescott suffered an ankle injury in Sunday's Week 2 loss to Denver. Garrett said Prescott was "doing well" after Sunday's game and again this morning, so it doesn't sound like much of an issue at all. The Cowboys continue a brutally difficult stretch to open the season with a Week 3 trip to Arizona.
GoldMind
Going to the Super Bowl
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
80sBEAR
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
BaylorProud77
80sBEAR said:

omg,
Assassin
Mazzant wrote in his ruling, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "Oddly, the NFL is now seeking expedited relief from the Fifth Circuit without first waiting for the Court to rule on the identical issue. The irony is not lost on the Court."

Love that quote...
BearForce
Assassin said:

Mazzant wrote in his ruling, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "Oddly, the NFL is now seeking expedited relief from the Fifth Circuit without first waiting for the Court to rule on the identical issue. The irony is not lost on the Court."

Love that quote...

The judge is not amused.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Love that quote...

The judge is not amused.
Always a good thing... when he's on our side
Assassin
Cowboys waived DE Jayrone Elliott. The Cowboys needed to clear a roster spot for Damontre Moore, who is coming off suspension. Elliott will hunt for special teams work on the open market.
--
Cowboys activated DE Damontre Moore from the reserve/suspended list. Moore was serving a two-game suspension stemming from a drunk driving arrest.
Assassin
Cowboys Once Again Rated as World's Most Valuable Sports Franchise by Forbes

Each year Forbes ranks the estimated value of sports franchises and Monday they released their list of values for NFL franchises in 2017. The Cowboys once again are far-and-away the NFL's most valuable team with an estimated franchise worth of $4.8 billion. That's a 14% increase over their 2016 estimate. It's also more than a billion dollars more than the #2 ranked NFL franchise, the Patriots at $3.7 billion.

Overall, Forbes reports that the average value of NFL franchises is $2.5 billion, an 8% increase over the previous year. The biggest leap in value in 2017 is the Falcons who jumped 16% thanks to the opening of their new stadium and subsequent sponsorships. The Falcons are now estimated at $2.475 billion.

Here's the list of the Top 5 Most Valuable NFL Franchises in 2017 as estimated by Forbes (in billions): Cowboys ($4.8), Patriots ($3.7), Giants ($3.3), Redskins ($3.1), and 49ers ($3.05). Note that three of the top 5 franchises are within the NFC East (Cowboys, Giants, Redskinsthe other NFC East team, the Eagles, are ranked #10 at $2.65 billion). If you're asking yourself, 'Who are the Bottom 5?', the answer is: Buccaneers ($1.975 billion), Browns ($1.9), Bengals ($1.8), Lions ($1.7), and Bills ($1.6).
GoldMind
Assassin said:

Each year Forbes ranks the estimated value of sports franchises and Monday they released their list of values for NFL franchises in 2017. The Cowboys once again are far-and-away the NFL's most valuable team with an estimated franchise worth of $4.8 billion. That's a 14% increase over their 2016 estimate. It's also more than a billion dollars more than the #2 ranked NFL franchise, the Patriots at $3.7 billion.

Overall, Forbes reports that the average value of NFL franchises is $2.5 billion, an 8% increase over the previous year. The biggest leap in value in 2017 is the Falcons who jumped 16% thanks to the opening of their new stadium and subsequent sponsorships. The Falcons are now estimated at $2.475 billion.

Here's the list of the Top 5 Most Valuable NFL Franchises in 2017 as estimated by Forbes (in billions): Cowboys ($4.8), Patriots ($3.7), Giants ($3.3), Redskins ($3.1), and 49ers ($3.05). Note that three of the top 5 franchises are within the NFC East (Cowboys, Giants, Redskinsthe other NFC East team, the Eagles, are ranked #10 at $2.65 billion). If you're asking yourself, 'Who are the Bottom 5?', the answer is: Buccaneers ($1.975 billion), Browns ($1.9), Bengals ($1.8), Lions ($1.7), and Bills ($1.6).
Theyre not the worlds most beloved team for no reason.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin

as expected in LA, minute crowds... its just not a good town for a NFL team. much less two;

Embarrassing Turnout in Los Angeles

There was a football game in L.A. this past weekend that drew a sell-out crowdbut it was a college showdown between two traditional powerhouse programs, not an NFL game.

The USC Trojans hosted the Texas Longhorns on Saturday night at the L.A. Coliseum. A crowd of 84,714 witnessed USC's thrilling overtime victory. The next day at the Rams' home game versus the Redskins at the LA Coliseum, only 56,612 fans showed up. Down the road at the Chargers new home (Stub Hub Center), only 25,381 fans attended the Dolphins-Chargers game. The combined crowds of the two NFL teams in Los Angeles was 81,993. That's less than the Longhorns-Trojans game on Saturday night. The attendance figures are an embarrassment. What's even worse for the Chargers is the fact that San Diego State drew a crowd of 43,000+ on Saturday in the Chargers' old stadium in San Diego. Both the Rams and Chargers lost their games on Sunday.

They better start winning and fast or the crowds will continue to dwindle.
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

Theyre not the worlds most beloved team for no reason.

Other worldly too...
Assassin

Cowboys logo before the Star...
Assassin
Cowboys CB Orlando Scandrick (hand) plans to play against the Cardinals in Week 3. Scandrick sat out Sunday's game in Denver with a fractured left hand but plans to be a full go this week. His return should force rookie Chidobe Awuzie back to the bench.
Assassin
DeMarcus Lawrence has 3.5 sacks after one of his sacks against the New York Giants was reviewed and determined he split one with Maliek Collins. Lawrence leads the NFC in sacks and is second to Calais Campbell (four) in the NFL after two games.
GoldMind
Assassin said:

DeMarcus Lawrence has 3.5 sacks after one of his sacks against the New York Giants was reviewed and determined he split one with Maliek Collins. Lawrence leads the NFC in sacks and is second to Calais Campbell (four) in the NFL after two games.

And Campbell ain't no scrub
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

no, he's not
Assassin

trey3216
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

So you got his number. You gave him yours?
GoldMind
trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

So you got his number. You gave him yours?

RIP Left Eye
Assassin
In 13 years with Cowboys, L.P. Ladouceur has sprouted a snapper tree
11:56 AM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- As L.P. Ladouceur watched the Monday Night Football opener between the New Orleans Saints and Minnesota Vikings, he nudged his wife, Brooke.

"Look, Zach is snapping," he said.

"What?" his wife replied.

Zach is Zach Wood. The Saints picked him up after the long-snapper they traded for, Jon Dorenbos, was diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm that required heart surgery. Wood was among the Dallas Cowboys' cuts after spending the past two training camps as Ladouceur's understudy.

We know about coaching trees. Andy Reid has five former assistants as current head coaches in the NFL: John Harbaugh, Ron Rivera, Todd Bowles, Doug Pederson and Sean McDermott.

We don't know much about long-snapper trees.

L.P. Ladouceur has become a long-snapping guru of sorts, as three of his understudies are snapping in the NFL. Reinhold Matay/USA TODAY Sports
Wood is the third long-snapper who has spent a summer or two with the Cowboys and become a regular long-snapper in the league.

He had just a few practices with the Saints before he was forced into action.

"What L.P. was able to teach me was how simple it is and how easy it is to get caught up mentally," he said. "And that's when I feel like snappers screw up is when they think too much and all that. So he kind of helped me get in a routine, get in a mentality of, 'I can do this. I've been doing it my whole life. And I should be confident in this.'"

Before last week's game, Ladouceur spent time talking with Casey Kreiter, whom he helped tutor in 2014-15 before becoming the Denver Broncos long-snapper last season.

Charley Hughlett spent two summers with the Cowboys (2012-13) before Kreiter. After bouncing around with three teams in 2014, he landed with the Cleveland Browns. In February, he became the NFL's highest-paid long-snapper with a six-year deal that averages $1.9 million a year.

"L.P. was a great influence," Hughlett said. "He was a long-time vet when I came in. I think when I came in he was in his eighth or ninth year. The first thing I realized about him was just how talented he was as a snapper. He's probably one of the best I've ever had to go in and compete against."

Ladouceur is in his 13th season with the Cowboys and has never had a bad snap on a field goal attempt or punt in his career. That's 1,747 snaps -- 842 on punts, 526 on PATs, 379 on FGs. He has helped kickers Nick Folk and Dan Bailey and punter Mat McBriar make Pro Bowls. Only Jason Witten has been with the Cowboys longer than Ladouceur.

"It's really cool to see these kids getting a chance," Ladouceur said.

He said special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia deserves most of the credit because of how he runs practices. Bisaccia has three punt teams working in the offseason program and training camp. Having two snappers is a requirement.

"I couldn't take 15 reps in a row," Ladouceur said. "I mean I could but you'd rather not, right? But that means the other guys that come in get a lot of work. It's not like some places where they don't really do that much in the preseason, but we do a lot here."

The competition for roster spots can be cutthroat in the NFL. Teams only keep one long-snapper, but that never stopped Ladouceur from offering tips.

"He was so good to me," Kreiter said. "He helped me out if I had questions. And in my role now, when younger guys come in here and being the veteran per se, I think back, 'How did L.P. handle that?' And I can take that from him and it was a really, really good experience."

The evolution of college football to spread offenses has affected how teams evaluate almost every position -- that includes long-snappers.

"At our position, it's gotten a lot harder for kids out of college because a lot of the spread formations that they use now," said Ladouceur, who was a defensive lineman at California. "They get here and they haven't had to block anybody, so you kind of try to teach that. You've got to still move your feet and get those blocks. You will get turned a couple of times. It happens. You're going to get behind, but it's when you do get behind, what do you do? What's the technique? There are certain things you can do, and that's what I try and teach them and tell them."

Ladouceur is 36 and set to be a free agent after the season. As much as he has enjoyed his mentor role, he is not ready to give up his job just yet.

"It's cool to see some of the guys that have been here move on and actually play," Ladouceur said. "It's kind of cool. But it also means that they're getting guys in here that are good too and they're trying to push me.

"And I won't let them push me."

NFL Nation reporters Mike Triplett, Pat McManamon and Jeff Legwold contributed to this story.
Assassin
Cowboys worked out a few FAs on Monday but didnt add anyone to the 53 or Practice Squad;

Among the group is former fifth-round pick of the Detroit Lions, Caraun Reid, a defensive end. He was among the final cuts for the Los Angeles Chargers and has three sacks, 36 tackles and two touchdowns in three seasons.

Cornerback D'Joun Smith, a third-round pick of the Indianapolis Colts in 2015, is also working out. He was among the final cuts made by the Tennessee Titans. Defensive backs Chris Lewis-Harris, Jacorey Shepherd and Ian Wells are also working out, as is linebacker Tre'Von Johnson, who reached an injury settlement with the Arizona Cardinals at the time of the final cuts.

Offensive linemen Michael Dunn, Jake Eldrenkamp, Jarron Jones and Kaleb Johnson are also working out. The Cowboys played against Dunn and Eldrenkamp in the preseason when they were with the Los Angeles Rams. Jones was a defensive tackle at Notre Dame, but the New York Giants moved him to offensive line over the summer.
Assassin
Monday Night game;

John Brown (quad) is expected to miss Week 3. Coach Bruce Arians said it "doesn't look hopeful" on Monday. J.J. Nelson will continue to feature opposite Larry Fitzgerald in Brown's absence.

While Nelson was the breakout player with 120 yards and a score, Jaron Brown led the team with 11 targets. Although he only caught four, his inefficiency has more to do with Carson Palmer, who tossed Brown just 4 catchable balls. Palmer's declining play adds risk, but the WR offers plenty of upside in return. He accounted for 40.2% of Arizona's air yards this week (8th), per Next Gen Stats. If Cowboys CB Orlando Scandrick remains sidelined, Jaron will match up with rookie Chidobe Awuzie the most. It looks like a good spot as receivers Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders combined for a 12/133/2 line against Dallas in Week 2.
Assassin
Assassin said:

Offensive linemen Michael Dunn, Jake Eldrenkamp, Jarron Jones and Kaleb Johnson are also working out. The Cowboys played against Dunn and Eldrenkamp in the preseason when they were with the Los Angeles Rams. Jones was a defensive tackle at Notre Dame, but the New York Giants moved him to offensive line over the summer.
They did make a move - released the 6'10 OL Dan Skipper from Arkansas and signed Fighting Irish DT, converted to OT Jarron Jones. Jones, undrafted this past spring, went to training camp with the Giants and converted to offensive tackle from defensive tackle, his position at Notre Dame. The Giants waived him at final cuts after preseason.

GoldMind
What number was Mark Tuinei, I can't remember.
Assassin
It looks like Dallas got a free look at Jayrone Elliott. They traded a 7th for him to Green Bay but he was never active before getting cut two days ago to bring back Damontre Moore so they get it back
trey3216
GoldMind said:

Assassin
GoldMind said:

GoldMind
I still have a Novacek jersey in my closet from like 95. It's all dried out, but still intact.
First Page Last Page
Page 29 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.