Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,077,265 Views | 29546 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texasjeremy said:

COWBOYS PLAYERS CAREER EARNINGS TO DATE

Listed in the millions

CAREER EARNINGS - PLAYER, POS (AGE) - NFL SEASONS PLAYED

72.75 - Jason Witten, TE (36) - 15
62.54 - Tyron Smith, OL (28) - 8
60.49 - Robert Quinn, DE (28) - 8
43.03 - Randall Cobb, WR (28) - 8
42.10 - Sean Lee, LB (32) - 9
37.40 - Tavon Austin, WR (28) - 6
33.69 - Travis Frederick, OL (28) - 6
32.74 - Tyrone Crawford, DT (29) - 7
30.97 - Zach Martin, OL (28) - 5
23.17 - Allen Hurns, WR (27) - 5
22.69 - Amari Cooper, WR (24) - 4
22.30 - Demarcus Lawrence, DE (26) - 5
20.54 - Ezekiel Elliott, RB (23) - 3

hoping Quinn returns to his 2013 form. Thats a long time ago though
Assassin
I think I would be pretty happy with this draft.

Wasnt expecting Hurd to be there at the end, especially after drafting Sills. But I couldnt pass him up. I think he's the HBack I've always wanted, could work on the 13 packages at TE also

Darnell Savage
, S
Maryland

Dawson Knox
, TE
Mississippi

Chuma Edoga
, OT
USC

Daylon Mack
, IDL
Texas A&M

David Sills V
, WR
West Virginia

Jalen Hurd
, WR
Baylor
trey3216
Assassin said:

Wasnt expecting Hurd to be there at the end, especially after drafting Sills. But I couldnt pass him up. I think he's the HBack I've always wanted, could work on the 13 packages at TE also

Darnell Savage
, S
Maryland

Dawson Knox
, TE
Mississippi

Chuma Edoga
, OT
USC

Daylon Mack
, IDL
Texas A&M

David Sills V
, WR
West Virginia

Jalen Hurd
, WR
Baylor
I wouldn't. We need some bodies at CB, and soon.
BearForce
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

Darnell Savage
, S
Maryland

Dawson Knox
, TE
Mississippi

Chuma Edoga
, OT
USC

Daylon Mack
, IDL
Texas A&M

David Sills V
, WR
West Virginia

Jalen Hurd
, WR
Baylor

I think you need one CB but I also think this might be the year to double up on DL too if things fall right as Crawford and Malik Collins have contracts coming up.
trey3216
BearForce said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

Darnell Savage
, S
Maryland

Dawson Knox
, TE
Mississippi

Chuma Edoga
, OT
USC

Daylon Mack
, IDL
Texas A&M

David Sills V
, WR
West Virginia

Jalen Hurd
, WR
Baylor

I think you need one CB but I also think this might be the year to double up on DL too if things fall right as Crawford and Malik Collins have contracts coming up.
That's fair. But we definitely need to start stacking up
Franko
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

Darnell Savage
, S
Maryland

Dawson Knox
, TE
Mississippi

Chuma Edoga
, OT
USC

Daylon Mack
, IDL
Texas A&M

David Sills V
, WR
West Virginia

Jalen Hurd
, WR
Baylor
I have a strange feeling that Dallas takes Derrek Thomas at some point.
BearForce
Franko said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

Darnell Savage
, S
Maryland

Dawson Knox
, TE
Mississippi

Chuma Edoga
, OT
USC

Daylon Mack
, IDL
Texas A&M

David Sills V
, WR
West Virginia

Jalen Hurd
, WR
Baylor

That isnt strange at all and it could be in the 5th round if they dont get the Vandy or UH kid in the 3rd.
trey3216
Franko said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

Darnell Savage
, S
Maryland

Dawson Knox
, TE
Mississippi

Chuma Edoga
, OT
USC

Daylon Mack
, IDL
Texas A&M

David Sills V
, WR
West Virginia

Jalen Hurd
, WR
Baylor
I feel they almost certainly will to be honest.
Assassin
To me the top positions are S, DL and TE. S and DL are obvious. Not sure that Witten will be what he used to be after a year off.

RB #2 is important as I dont think any of our backup are potential starters. We did just pickup Zeke's 5th year option. Shocker! ;^)

Not seeing Rush play last year was a red flag to me, along with White not beating him out so QB #2 is in play.

We need a WR to compete. If Hurd is around, I jump all over him. He's big enough to be a 3rd or 4th TE in a pinch. Interesting that Mickey Spagnola's first Cowboy pick is a WR, Deebo Samuel.

My biggest concern may be at OT. Smith has had back issues for years. Collins seemed to be taking a step backwards. Smith will play until he simply can't anymore. If Smith goes down, to you trust Fleming at everyday LT? Dak already has issues holding onto the ball when hit from behind. Unfortunately this draft sucks for OT once you get to where we are drafting.
Assassin
Rumors are flying that there may be a deal done for Taco Charlton today or tomorrow. Not sure I would take less than a 2 for him at this point. He showed flashes and only going into 3rd year, he's still 'cheap'. He's a decent rotational player for Marinelli.
Assassin
Assassin said:

Rumors are flying that there may be a deal done for Taco Charlton today or tomorrow. Not sure I would take less than a 2 for him at this point. He showed flashes and only going into 3rd year, he's still 'cheap'. He's a decent rotational player for Marinelli.
add - until we know about Gregory, not sure I would deal Taco
Franko
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

I agree. Taco has been a disappointment so far, but we have so little depth on the DL that I don't think we have the luxury of moving on from him yet. Unless they could package him with a pick to get a better DL like Solomon Thomas.
Assassin
Franko said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

I agree. Taco has been a disappointment so far, but we have so little depth on the DL that I don't think we have the luxury of moving on from him yet. Unless they could package him with a pick to get a better DL like Solomon Thomas.
While I would love Thomas, the reason SF would trade him would be them taking Bosa. Not sure they would want a DL in return
Assassin
BTB - possible selections for each round:

Franko
Assassin said:

Franko said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

While I would love Thomas, the reason SF would trade him would be them taking Bosa. Not sure they would want a DL in return
Probably right. Also, I think they would want our 58th pick which is too rich IMO.
Assassin
Franko said:

Assassin said:

Franko said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Probably right. Also, I think they would want our 58th pick which is too rich IMO.
Not sure if Thomas can play inside. From what I am reading, he never really found a position. With that said, the 49rs would never let him play the 3tech where Buckner is.
Assassin
If we gave up a 4 for Thomas, he has two years left on his rookie deal, if he doesnt work out, let him walk and get a 5 comp pick back.
Assassin
BTB mentioned this fella as a late round OT developmental player:

Max Scharping, Northern Illinois
While a late-round developmental guy is more my cup of tea right now, you can't overlook what Scharping would offer. He's NFL ready right now with great fundamentals. He has experience on both sides of the line. His hands are strong and shows good coordination with his feet. Scharping is also a very smart player with high character. He's just got all the traits this team looks for in a player and even though tackle is not a pressing need, it's never a bad idea to have extra talent at the position. He's a guy who could step in and be the eventual successor of Collins at a low cap cost.
Assassin
this guy is still out there, a freebie;

EZEKIEL ANSAHDL, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Free agent EDGE Ezekiel Ansah (shoulder) is expected to be cleared in August.
Ansah had a check-up with Dr. Neal ElAttrache this week. There are no structural issues with his shoulder, but he needs time to rebuild strength that is likely going to cost him some of training camp. Ansah visited with the Ravens on Wednesday and should start to see his market heat up after the draft.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 24, 2019, 5:15 PM
Assassin
The Cowboys will pick a running back in the draft, but it won't come in the second round. One of the holes Dallas has not filled in the offseason is finding a backup to Ezekiel Elliott. The Cowboys had three running backs to The Star on national visits, with Alabama's Damien Harris the highest-rated. But with Elliott expected to get almost all of the significant work, using a second-round pick on a runner would not be the most economical use of the team's top pick. From the third round on, however, a runner is more palatable, and two names to keep an eye on are Texas A&M's Trayveon Williams and Ohio State's Mike Weber. -- Todd Archer
Wichitabear
So is Kyler going to the Cardinals? Buckle up buttercups the draft is here! Ok I repeated what the announcer just said lol
Assassin
So a Giant fans wins season tickets not just for next season, not just next decade but for the next century. 100 years of Giants tickets. Dont know that there is a more expensive ticket. Dude could sell those for a pretty penny
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Yep Pretty cool. His boys were sure excited.
trey3216
Assassin said:

So a Giant fans wins season tickets not just for next season, not just next decade but for the next century. 100 years of Giants tickets. Dont know that there is a more expensive ticket. Dude could sell those for a pretty penny

Wait til he has to pay taxes on that
Assassin
Kyler, what were they telling you on the phone?

'to be honest I kinda blacked out'

'its something I will never forget for sure'
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
time to call and make a lowball offer for Solomon Thomas.
Assassin
I think I may finally be able to beat Mean Joe Greene on a rush...
Assassin
Two new QBs in the NFC East, Jones for the Giants and Dwayne Haskins for the Skins. Gonna be an interesting year
BearForce
Assassin said:

Two new QBs in the NFC East, Jones for the Giants and Dwayne Haskins for the Skins. Gonna be an interesting year

Not really, both are still non factors like they were before the draft. This is a two team division.
Wichitabear
UNT is mighty proud of him still today
BearForce
I like the Giants Lawrence pick....a round later...LOL
Assassin
BearForce said:

Thought he might drop to us
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Thought he might drop to us

Me too...
Assassin
Savage was a 2nd round guy wasnt he?
BearForce
Savage 2 rounds early, maybe 1 round.
First Page Last Page
Page 293 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.