Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,083,740 Views | 29560 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by trumpetbear
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eagles could go S here
BearForce
We maybe trading back here with the board looking so nice.
BearForce
Sanders to Philly but they have one more pick in front of us.
Wichitabear
I thought the Cowboys wanted Miles Sanders
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

I thought the Cowboys wanted Miles Sanders

Not in round 2
Assassin
BearForce said:

We maybe trading back here with the board looking so nice.
I was just about to post the same. I wonder how the Cowboys have this area rated.
Assassin
Starting to wonder about just how good my recruiting staff is.
Assassin
Philly picks right before us. they will grab a S
Wichitabear
Especially if it's one we want!
Wichitabear
Oh. Ok.
Assassin
Rams dont need S but they could go DT
Assassin
Assassin said:

Rams dont need S but they could go DT
Or they could trade the pick to the Chiefs
Assassin
Right now, Adderly would be my pick.

Assassin
Baylor mention - Gary Green
Wichitabear
I want that DK guy. Glad Chiefs did not pick him.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Baylor mention - Gary Green

Nice
BearForce
Assassin said:

I bet Philly takes him
BearForce
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I bet Philly takes him

Well I was wrong...this draft has fallen perfectly to us.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I bet Philly takes him
You lose!!
Wichitabear
Nope
Assassin
Adderly, Gardner, Rapp and Thornhill are all still out there at S

Jones, Saunders, Hill and Willis are all still there at DT
BearForce
Assassin said:

Adderly, Gardner, Rapp and Thornhill are all still out there at S

Jones, Saunders, Hill and Willis are all still there at DT

Trade back a few spots if you can
Wichitabear
Love Too Tall!!!!
BearForce
Trysten Hill!
Assassin
Trysten Hill - DT. This guy is a fireplug!
Assassin
TRYSTEN HILL
IDL, UCF

• HT 6'1"

• DOB --

• WT 330 lbs

• ANALYST'S REPORTS

Get-off/Burst - Erupts off the ball with good reactionary quickness. Can pop straight up in the air rather than straight out up the field, but when he fires out, he can wreck plays with his burst. Quickness allows him to cross the face of offensive linemen and backdoor gaps, leading to a lot of his TFL production.

Leverage - Has some built-in leverage at 6-foot-1, but does let his pad level swell and stands straight up off the snap at times. Loses ground against base blocks and doubles when he plays high, doesn't control gaps like he should. When he fired out low, has the burst and power to re-set the line of scrimmage and knock blockers back off the snap (Memphis).

Hand Usage - If you can't defend your frame, you can't dictate terms 1v1. Hill can beat blockers to spots at times, but everything about his point of attack defense is inconsistent. Has stretches of play where he doesn't use full arm extension with good hand placement to stack and shed well and can get walled off as a result (Temple). When he does unlock his hands, has exceptional power and has tossed and hump moved opponents before (Memphis). Technique needs a lot more consistency, but talent is clear.Rush

Plan/Counters - Tons of energy with very little purpose as a pass rusher. Hands are constantly churning, but misses target and gets off-balance as a result. Elbows get hinged and speed-to-power conversions die out due to high pad level. Can't keep blockers off his frame and gets body-to-body too often. Plan of attack has to become more intricate, almost solely reliant on shooting gaps to get pressure right now.

Mental Processing/Block Recognition - True bull in a china shop. Gets overrun by zone schemes and plays with very little mental processing. Doubles and down blocks can catch him by surprise and generate movement. Reckless style ends with him on the ground more than you'd like to see.Range

- Despite elite hustle, doesn't have great range and speed is average for the position. Will make plays with his effort that some more rangy defensive tackles wouldn't consider attempting. Short-area quickness is impressive, some of his tackles for loss involved quick lateral movement.Bend/Flexibility - He's tilted a few impressive angles for backfield stops. Doesn't work to the blocker's edge often enough to know exactly what he's capable of in this area, but the few times he has I've been impressed.Tackling - Overruns tackles in space far too often. Has to throttle down and keep his eyes up as a tackler. Doesn't have a big tackle radius, but he'll go all out for stops and maximize what he's got.Competitive Toughness - Part of a heavy rotation, but played unbelievably hard when he was on the field. Ridiculous hustle in every game to attempt to chase down runners away from his gap. Plays with reckless abandon and physicality. Chirps too.Athleticism/Size - Carries some extra weight around his midsection and lacks ideal length, but can't teach girth. If his technique improves, his size and natural center of gravity could be an asset. Decent athlete with some impressive short-area quickness.BEST

TRAIT - Hustle/Burst

WORST TRAIT - Pass Rush Plan
      RED FLAGS - None

Oddly enough, Hill started the first 26 games of his career before coming off the bench in all but one game as a junior. His production went up however, as the defensive tackle posted career highs in tackles (36), TFL (10.5) and sacks (3). Hill's quickness and power are clear strengths on tape, but his technique remains a work-in-progress, and his pass rush plan is significantly lacking.Still, there are enough traits here to make him a desirable early day three pickup, especially considering his ability to play A-to-B gap and his elite effort level on the field. Most NFL defensive lines are rotational to some degree, and Hill projects as a player who can provide depth early in his career with starter upside, preferably as a 1-technique.
    Wichitabear
    Well there goes Adderly
    Assassin
    The Ticket is really comparing Hill to Kawaan Short.

Maliek Collins has one year left on his deal...

Hill has one speciality, getting past the OL. Very good at tackles for loss
    Assassin
    DC.com;
    Name: Trysten Hill
    Position: Defensive Tackle
    College: UCF
    Height/Weight: 6-3/308

The Rundown: An early-entry junior, Hill was dominant for much of his college career in the American Athletic Conference. He was a second-team all-conference pick in 2017, and although he only started one game last year amid a new coaching regime, he's considered one of better interior defensive line prospects in this year's class. He posted career highs in total tackles (36) and sacks (3) last season as part of the tackle rotation.
    How He Fits In: The under tackle is such a critical position in defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli's scheme. Marinelli wants athletic interior linemen who can get up the field and push the pocket, and Hill can do just that. At 308 pounds, he has the size of a nose tackle and the quickness of an under tackle. He'll likely compete for snaps with Maliek Collins, who started when healthy last season, and free agent pickups Kerry Hyder and Christian Covington. Defensive captain Tyrone Crawford can play inside or at defensive end. Regardless, the Cowboys wanted to upgrade their defensive tackle depth and Hill is the answer.
    Next Cowboys Pick: 3rd Round (90th overall)
    Assassin
    Cards got Isabella, I really like this kid
    Wichitabear
    At 90th. Wonder who in the world will be left!
    Assassin
    Assassin said:

Cards got Isabella, I really like this kid
    I would not have been totally upset taking Isabella at our pick at 58. Imagine a faster Beazley. Defeated Denzel Ward in the 60m nationals
    Assassin
    Thornhill to the Chiefs
    Assassin
    S's still out there. Gardner will probably be gone at 90

Besides him - Edwards from Kentucky, Hooker from Iowas, Harris from BC and Thompson from Bama
    Assassin
    jalen hurd to 49rs!
    First Page Last Page
    Page 296 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.