Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,077,735 Views | 29549 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by BearForce
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Jerry as a kid with his sister Jacelyn. They lived on top of a grocery store. When you hear the term, 'self made man', it really fits him
By "really" do you mean "not really at all"? You might wanna do some research on Jerry if you actually believe that.
What a very odd reply...

Jerry and his family lived on top of a small grocery they owned during his youth. His dad ran the grocery while Jerry would sell watermelons out front. His dad sold insurance on the side. Later Jerry would join him and grow the insurance company. As his family would get more money, they would add a bit more onto the store. They even added on a bandstand where Jerry would get up on the mike and take the house down

Jerry got a scholarship to the University of Arkansas for football. He didnt start until his senior year, when he was the starting OG at 187 lbs. He worked for his dad while he was in school selling insurance, even being given the title of VP, however as was common back then, he had jobs on the side and told his game tickets to make ends meet.

When Jerry graduated, he and his wife were dead broke. They even had some department store cards cut up. Howevever Jerry was an excellent salesman and sold Jimmy Hoffa (yep, that one) on giving him a loan to purchase some Shakey's Pizzas. He almost bought the San Diego Chargers with another teamster loan but his dad came down on his head.

Jerry parlayed that money into several good oil and gas purchases and became very wealthy. Then the Cowboys came up for sale and the deal was done. And he became even wealthier.

So when I say, that was an odd reply, I think most folks would say when you come from being dead broke to becoming a billionaire, the majority of folks would say that would make them a self-made man, so I have to ask, 'what would you definition of a self-made man be?'
That wasn't an odd reply. His dad got wealthy building that insurance company. I guess scoring a million dollar loan (you can figure out how much that would be today) from the Teamsters is doing it alone? He was given a ton of breaks early on and had so many connections, including some really shady ones. He scored on some oil wells and made bank, so good for him. But, there's no way he's self-made.
Like I said, you have a very different view of a self-made man from most.
You give me multiple million dollar loans and connections to people who want to spend money and I'll be glad to change my tune.
It's not really that important to me if you change your tune or not.

I do have a question - how old are you?
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Assassin doesn't care if you change your tune or not. Ok. Dead argument. Well, maybe he does. Lololol
Minnesotachubs
Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/29871621_10155493299643226_7442356323368656282_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_eui2=AeGNoWK9jTaruU9JLapGyzj-FjqjgI5AivvgFKTInLhAOZko_F6mVBVUvUdIpl-zIZ0sdw4EpPUpbJmLKHQzZ0F0pxRxG1pnmZxXK7oms8-_fg&_nc_oc=AQmd2SKxZ0TPFaR2varZmNNNpSn5mSmkSDOHB93aD2ngfAoK7kUfUHtBR2QiN4JqQhA&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=54af86035826af71b543700aad345f2c&oe=5E0101DD

Jerry as a kid with his sister Jacelyn. They lived on top of a grocery store. When you hear the term, 'self made man', it really fits him
By "really" do you mean "not really at all"? You might wanna do some research on Jerry if you actually believe that.
What a very odd reply...

Jerry and his family lived on top of a small grocery they owned during his youth. His dad ran the grocery while Jerry would sell watermelons out front. His dad sold insurance on the side. Later Jerry would join him and grow the insurance company. As his family would get more money, they would add a bit more onto the store. They even added on a bandstand where Jerry would get up on the mike and take the house down

Jerry got a scholarship to the University of Arkansas for football. He didnt start until his senior year, when he was the starting OG at 187 lbs. He worked for his dad while he was in school selling insurance, even being given the title of VP, however as was common back then, he had jobs on the side and told his game tickets to make ends meet.

When Jerry graduated, he and his wife were dead broke. They even had some department store cards cut up. Howevever Jerry was an excellent salesman and sold Jimmy Hoffa (yep, that one) on giving him a loan to purchase some Shakey's Pizzas. He almost bought the San Diego Chargers with another teamster loan but his dad came down on his head.

Jerry parlayed that money into several good oil and gas purchases and became very wealthy. Then the Cowboys came up for sale and the deal was done. And he became even wealthier.

So when I say, that was an odd reply, I think most folks would say when you come from being dead broke to becoming a billionaire, the majority of folks would say that would make them a self-made man, so I have to ask, 'what would you definition of a self-made man be?'
That wasn't an odd reply. His dad got wealthy building that insurance company. I guess scoring a million dollar loan (you can figure out how much that would be today) from the Teamsters is doing it alone? He was given a ton of breaks early on and had so many connections, including some really shady ones. He scored on some oil wells and made bank, so good for him. But, there's no way he's self-made.
You give me multiple million dollar loans and connections to people who want to spend money and I'll be glad to change my tune.

Whoa calm down pal. I'm sorry I responded. Didn't realize you'd get your panties twisted.
Assassin
Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

What a very odd reply...

Whoa calm down pal. I'm sorry I responded. Didn't realize you'd get your panties twisted.
Again, another odd response.

I simply asked you as I wasnt sure what grade you were in and I didnt want to insult you.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
What grade he's in? Lolololol. I'm going to butt out now
BearForce
Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

What a very odd reply...

I simply asked you as I wasnt sure what grade you were in and I didnt want to insult you.

Maybe WAC is back...he misses your pictures
Minnesotachubs
Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/29871621_10155493299643226_7442356323368656282_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_eui2=AeGNoWK9jTaruU9JLapGyzj-FjqjgI5AivvgFKTInLhAOZko_F6mVBVUvUdIpl-zIZ0sdw4EpPUpbJmLKHQzZ0F0pxRxG1pnmZxXK7oms8-_fg&_nc_oc=AQmd2SKxZ0TPFaR2varZmNNNpSn5mSmkSDOHB93aD2ngfAoK7kUfUHtBR2QiN4JqQhA&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=54af86035826af71b543700aad345f2c&oe=5E0101DD

What a very odd reply...

J..F...C...your bar for what's odd is civil chatting I guess. But you're wrong. And you can think you're right. You aren't. Adios. Gramps? I mean I dunno what age bracket you're in, but I'm assuming it's one where you get upset easily.
Assassin
So I will be at the Texas Pop Festival tomorrow during the Baylor game. I should hope we beat SFA!

Should be fun, get to go backstage and meet Edgar Winter and Dusty Hill.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

What a very odd reply...

Maybe WAC is back...he misses your pictures
I think so.
Assassin
Hopefully Justin Phillips clears waivers and goes to our PS
Assassin
So what would be the tactical advantage for Dallas doing cuts a day before they had to? I think Sat at 4pm is the cutoff
trey3216
Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

Minnesotachubs said:

Assassin said:

What a very odd reply...

is bet your million 50:1 that you wouldn't turn it into $6-10bn. And I'd bet it every day, and yes, twice on Sunday
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BearForce
Assassin said:

So what would be the tactical advantage for Dallas doing cuts a day before they had to? I think Sat at 4pm is the cutoff

Roster room? Being nice to guys who may a chance somewhere else that we aren't putting on the practice squad?
Assassin
Late injury development has rendered DE Daniel Ross out for 2019 season, source said. He'll be placed on injured reserve Saturday.
Assassin
Asked on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas if the Cowboys have made what can be termed their final offer to Ezekiel Elliott, owner and general manager Jerry Jones said, "We don't ever get into the conversations or negotiations with anything around here. Let's put it like this: we're where we are and I'd expect us to be lining up against the Giants without Zeke."
Assassin
eagles want him...but

Wichitabear
Hmmmm. I hate to hear that.
BearForce
Assassin said:

eagles want him...but

Done...the clown show is headed to Seattle

The Texans just got robbed

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/31/texans-get-barkevious-mingo-jake-martin-third-round-pick-for-clowney/

Wichitabear
Omg!
GoldMind
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

eagles want him...but

Done...the clown show is headed to Seattle

The Texans just got robbed

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/31/texans-get-barkevious-mingo-jake-martin-third-round-pick-for-clowney/

I don't ever really talk down on the Texans, but their moves are some head scratchers.
Assassin
Guessing Cowboys didnt wave Taco Charlton under their nose
Assassin
Keith Smith cut in Oakland... better than Oh Wally?
Assassin
Adam SchefterESPN Senior Writer
Here's the news Dallas has wanted: Talks between the Cowboys and RB Ezekiel Elliott are intensifying, with both sides aiming to wrap up a new deal this weekend, league sources tell ESPN.
14m
BearForce
Assassin, it seem San Diego is inline with your RB management thought process

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/31/chargers-give-melvin-gordon-permission-to-seek-a-trade/
BearForce
Well I would say Miami is trying to suck for luck but....nevermind LOL

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/31/dolphins-fire-sale-sends-laremy-tunsil-kenny-stills-to-texans/
Assassin
Cowboys made the following moves to get to the 53-man limit: Waived: P/K Kasey Redfern, QB Mike, White, QB Taryn Christion, WR Reggie Davis, WR Cedrick Wilson, RB Darius Jackson, CB Donovan Olumba, CB Mike Jackson, CB Treston Decoud, CB Chris Westry, RB Mike Weber, LB Kyle Queiro, FB Ryan Yurachek, LB Nate Hall, LB Justin Phillips, RB Jordan Chunn, LS Drew Scott, LB Chris Covington, OL Juwann Bushell-Beatty, OL Lukayus McNeil, OT Jake Campos, DE Daniel Wise, OT Mitch Hyatt, DL Shakir Soto, DT Ricky Walker, DE Jalen Jelks, TE Marcus Lucas, WR Jalen Guyton Released: S George Iloka Waived injured: TE Codey McElroy, CB Tyvis Powell, S Jameill Showers Reserve/physically unable to perform: WR Noah Brown Injured reserve: OT Cody Wichmann, DE Daniel Ross, WR Jon'Vea Johnson, DE Jalen Jelks Reserve/suspended: DE Robert Quinn

Cowboys' current roster breakdown: QB (2): Dak Prescott, Cooper Rush. RB (3): Tony Pollard, Alfred Morris, Jamize Olawale. WR (5): Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, Randall Cobb, Tavon Austin, Devin Smith. TE (3): Jason Witten, Blake Jarwin, Dalton Schultz. OL (11): Tyron Smith, Connor Williams, Travis Frederick, Zack Martin, La'el Collins, Joe Looney, Cameron Fleming, Xavier Su'a-Filo, Brandon Knight, Adam Redmond, Connor McGovern. DL (10): DeMarcus Lawrence, Maliek Collins, Antwaun Woods, Tyrone Crawford, Taco Charlton, Christian Covington, Trysten Hill, Dorance Armstrong, Joe Jackson, Kerry Hyder. LB (6): Sean Lee, Jaylon Smith, Leighton Vander Esch, Joe Thomas, Justin March, Luke Gifford. DB (10): Byron Jones, Chidobe Awuzie, Jeff Heath, Xavier Woods, Anthony Brown, Jourdan Lewis, Kavon Frazier, Donovan Wilson, Darian Thompson, C.J. Goodwin. Specialist (3): Brett Maher, Chris Jones, L.P. Ladouceur.

Both Connor McGovern (pectoral) and Luke Gifford (ankle) will probably go on IR. Chunn and Phillips back?

Assassin
We have a lot of OL. 11. Could a trade be in the works?
BearForce
Assassin said:

We have a lot of OL. 11. Could a trade be in the works?

I think so
Assassin
Also, one has to consider the folks that may/are probably gone at the end of 2019 like Lael Collins. Hopefully we keep both Amari Cooper and Byron Jones
BearForce
Assassin said:

Also, one has to consider the folks that may/are probably gone at the end of 2019 like Lael Collins. Hopefully we keep both Amari Cooper and Byron Jones

But also remember that 11 doesnt include Connor McGovern thus Collins becomes Williams and Williams becomes McGovern in 2020.
BearForce
BearForce said:

Well I would say Miami is trying to suck for luck but....nevermind LOL

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/31/dolphins-fire-sale-sends-laremy-tunsil-kenny-stills-to-texans/

And now Miami trades Kiko Alonzo to the Saints for nothing....

They may not have a team for us to play come week 3.
BearForce
On the other hand, Miami got a gold mine from Houston...and the Texans are a steaming mess

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/01/texans-flatter-management-structure-falls-flat-on-its-face/
BearForce
Fish talking about Zeke deal and roster implications

https://1053thefan.radio.com/articles/cowboys-and-elliott-close-new-deal
BaylorRocks
This is a "Baylor Sports" only forum, per the Sic'em 365 owners.
Moderator, please delete this thread.
Wichitabear
Lolololol you have really got to get a grip on yourself! This forum isn't going anywhere!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 317 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.